EA Forums - Banner

Visting friends - how long does it take you?

I have over 60 friends now and i spread mine out throughout the day so they are ready at different times. Then I don't have so many to do all at once.

Replies

• mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    Depends. Do you get kicked out after every 3 or 4 towns you visit? Because that's been my experience for the last 10 days or so.

More seriously though, it really depends on how much time/effort you're putting in. Are you just tapping whatever? Or are you looking around for ideas and appreciation?
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    I only have about 40 friends but it takes me my whole 45 minute bus ride in the morning to visit them all.
    If you were unaware, you only need to tap on the houses and have the coins appear. Then you can exit out and move on. You'll still get credit without the message or manually collecting everything.
  • danielborbey
    28 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thanks guys, I usually prefer to have them all due at the same time, makes it more easy to manage for me knowing they are all due. No time to do it during the day as I am at work. I am aware on the quick tap and that is usually what I do, but its taking me longer as I now need to target decorated houses only. Sometimes I have to wait for the Simpsons house for more than one tap to make sure I get the maximum 3 santa coins per friend (ideally)
  • HRHJames
    71 posts
    edited December 2012
    45mins-1hr to visit 100 friends and its usually done before I head to bed. I was able to do the entire list last night and made $18 800, I'll be trying a different tactic tonight that may take longer.
  • felicity2092
    162 posts
    edited December 2012
    Usually takes me an hour and 45 mins to visit 100 friends! x
  • morganbaby1016
    241 posts
    edited December 2012
    I can set my town folk to hour jobs and be back in my town before they are done. I have 95 friends.
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    Takes me about an hour for all 100...realized that I didn't have to wait for the "collect xp" sign at the end and it was a godsend!
  • timsullivan245
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Not long. Just have 20 to 30 and some of those don't even play anymore
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    About 45 mins. Sometime you have to search for the christmas houses..
    Is there anyone out there?
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    I find visiting friends to be the boring part of the game -- even if they do have a nice town. Frankly, its rote, busy work.

And the thought of it taking a hour of my day to do about 100 is kind of ludicrous. Makes me glad that I've stopped at about 40 friends.

If only I knew a way that I could possibly find some more.... Maybe if someone would be kind enough to start an add me thread....
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Took me just over an hour with the whole lot in one swoop without exiting back into my Springfield.
    I used to break it up into three periods. But as your money increases as you go along I stayed until the 100th visit.
    Managed to get 298 coins too.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    If I'm not wandering around their town checking things out, it takes me around an hour.
  • thejazzdiva
    220 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I used to spread them out and do them in batches of about 30.. now I have them all due at the same time... Happy hour, and I am usually done at the end of my scotch!

And you make the most money that way. Otherwise I do them while I am watching Red Eye.

So about an hour...
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    -am4694 lvl24- 100 friends if im exploring 3hrs if not 2hrs. normaly do it while watching tv at nite.
  • ShellyBelle87
    14 posts
    edited December 2012
    A freakin hour or so. I hit em all at once though to get it over and done with. Wham Bam thank-you Ma'am.
  • danielborbey
    28 posts
    edited December 2012
    Bump. Thanks guys, interesting to hear your different strategies!
  • albert2k
    271 posts
    edited December 2012
    a 101 near 30 minutes regularly, now looking for a coin, about 45 minutes.
  • heavy liquid
    167 posts
    edited December 2012
    It takes me around an hour or so to hit up around 100 friends. I try not to stay and linger most nights.

I'll also do it while watching TV or listening to music so I don't die of boredom.
  • dhort1985
    414 posts
    edited December 2012
    Sometimes I have to wait for the Simpsons house for more than one tap to make sure I get the maximum 3 santa coins per friend (ideally)

If I have to click the Simpsons' house more than once, I will bite the bullet and do so. Once that is done, I immediately go to my friends' list and delete that user. I ain't got time to be sitting around your mediocre town, I have 99 other people to attend to.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have been spending about 5 minutes per town for the last two days, taking detailed notes of the payout increase and the number of premium (bonus-giving) items in the town. Yes, that adds up to roughly 500 minutes, or around 8 hours per day. :shock:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.