EA Forums - Banner

grampa and his telling stories

you must not have been playing when he was broken and was doing it constantly.

Replies

• subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Yep it got to the stage where i just kept his task in the task book.

If you want to get rid of any side tasks, when a bubble comes over a character, dont click it. Instead click the Bart/Milhouse button then go back tour town and the bubble will be gone.
  • sdarrall313
    280 posts
    edited March 2014
    tmsimmons7 wrote:
    So now I'm getting to the point where I'm getting bored
    Of sending granpa on his 60min job, anyone else find it
    boring and repetitive

So, don't send him on it?...
  • tmsimmons7
    39 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I wasnt complaining or anything
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    tmsimmons7 wrote:
    I wasnt complaining or anything

I am just saying
    him getting that quest once a week or so is so much better then when he was stuck in the task book asking to do it over and over again.
    it would be nice though if he actually had a different task pop up sometimes.
  • tmsimmons7
    39 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    subii42 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Yep it got to the stage where i just kept his task in the task book.

If you want to get rid of any side tasks, when a bubble comes over a character, dont click it. Instead click the Bart/Milhouse button then go back tour town and the bubble will be gone.

I'll try that iv done it before seen a
    bubble then wont to friends towns
    and went back but didnt realise it would be
    Gone when I went back thanks for the help though
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited March 2014
    I noticed he has started to tell his stories again on a regular basis, although this is annoying it does suit Grampa down to a tee as he does love to tell a story or two :lol:

One way to get rid of the task is to visit your KL or friends screen and then go back to you town, that normally gets rid of some tasks
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:

giphy.gif

Ah, the good old days where grandpa always telling stories. I remember my task book said "Completed 1/-104".
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2014
    Gaaaaaaaaaah! my most hated of tasks along with shop at KEM :evil:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    subii42 wrote:
    I'm doing this habitually, now. My task book is at zero for the first time ever, which feels pretty good. (I'm just waiting for a crop share task to come along and ruin it.)
  • dcacooper
    390 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    subii42 wrote:
    I'm doing this habitually, now. My task book is at zero for the first time ever, which feels pretty good. (I'm just waiting for a crop share task to come along and ruin it.)

Grow Silvertongue appeared in my task book less than an hour after I decided to grow some corn ...
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    subii42 wrote:

I've got 1 task in my taskbook, and in a few hours, i think i'll be at zero for the first time ever as well!
    Every time I get close, I get a farm task or a grandpa task or send skinner bird watching.
  • morgan_k_ols
    100 posts
    edited March 2014
    Lol. This happens to me at least twice a day. Nobody wants to listen to dear old grandpa.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    dcacooper wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    subii42 wrote:

Grow Silvertongue appeared in my task book less than an hour after I decided to grow some corn ...

Ugh, the ONE time I did grow corn, I had to look at freaking tomatoes for 90 days :(

At first I thought the Grandpa telling stories was a jab at senility. Now it's boring, repetitive and slightly insulting.

It would be nice if I could have a taskbook at 0 for a few days..
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    subii42 wrote:

This always happens, i just keep perfection in my task book :)
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I think it is time to add some new tasks to the first year characters. Hopefully with outdoor animation and more tasks with multiple characters.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.