EA Forums - Banner

Messages for neighbors

Prev1
It has been brought up before, but no reason to let a good idea die. It always nice when old ideas resurface. Especially when they are new ideas to the poster. I think it would be a very nice addition to the game. It is "a social game for crying out loud".

Replies

• atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited March 2014
    i would love this idea!! would be great to compliment other towns, as i know they would appreciate the comment for their hard work.

But the downside is that i see people being mean and leaving bad messages too...
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited March 2014
    atiq_ruhel wrote:
    i would love this idea!! would be great to compliment other towns, as i know they would appreciate the comment for their hard work.

But the downside is that i see people being mean and leaving bad messages too...

This. If they added this feature they would most likely need to hire people to moderate, and with the hundreds of thousands of towns out there, I don't see that being an easy feat.
  • Kozzi59
    1393 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    atiq_ruhel wrote:

Agreed, it is an invitation to the haters, but it seems to me they're outnumbered by genuine Tappers so I'd be for it.

I'd also like to see a private noticeboard on which town owners can leave messages for their neighbours - for example, if the owner is going to be off tap for a few days, just to let their neighbours know they won't be visiting so they're not defriended for inactivity.
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited March 2014
    Kozzi59 wrote:
    atiq_ruhel wrote:

Agreed, it is an invitation to the haters, but it seems to me they're outnumbered by genuine Tappers so I'd be for it.

I'd also like to see a private noticeboard on which town owners can leave messages for their neighbours - for example, if the owner is going to be off tap for a few days, just to let their neighbours know they won't be visiting so they're not defriended for inactivity.

Good idea! i could post my random thoughts daily... or daily Chuck Norris facts.... :thumbup:
  • cornick1234
    190 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    It's a good idea, You can always remove abusive idiots. Come to think of it they could add a "report" option which would save on moderation.
  • TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2014
    I think this would be a good tie-in to the "vacation model" topic.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    Yea I mentioned it there but ill put it here to it'd be nice to have this or at least the actual origin client as an app to be more helpful to neighbors. What I think it should also do is when you visit your town it gives you a message about your recent activity so you'd know if someone has been logged in to your town
  • fizzbin71825
    239 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I'd say start simple, and I will mention my old idea:

Every town gets a billboard which also serves as the landing point when any neighbor visits. You can customize your billboard with various messages, preferences, etc. Maybe make it clickable so that it gets bigger & the visitor can see it better. Very useful during events.

But I think EA would have to include a "report" feature as well, to cover themselves. Too many issues can arise if people can write anything they like. Which is probably why they have yet to incorporate something like this - as great as it can be for the majority of players, you know there will be some who abuse it.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I'd say start simple, and I will mention my old idea:

Every town gets a billboard which also serves as the landing point when any neighbor visits. You can customize your billboard with various messages, preferences, etc. Maybe make it clickable so that it gets bigger & the visitor can see it better. Very useful during events.

But I think EA would have to include a "report" feature as well, to cover themselves. Too many issues can arise if people can write anything they like. Which is probably why they have yet to incorporate something like this - as great as it can be for the majority of players, you know there will be some who abuse it.

This is a good idea, what they could do is set standard messages so basically we only had a few types of sayings to choose from, this would stop all the nasty comments that could potentially be left
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited March 2014

I love this idea! It takes care of our desire to control the landing zone and our desire to communicate with our neighbors in one shot. I would be so happy if EA implemented something like this. :mrgreen:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    as great as it can be for the majority of players, you know there will be some who abuse it.
    And those people would quickly have no friends. I don't really see how it's a problem.
  • Surfcitygal
    1272 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    Yea I mentioned it there but ill put it here to it'd be nice to have this or at least the actual origin client as an app to be more helpful to neighbors. What I think it should also do is when you visit your town it gives you a message about your recent activity so you'd know if someone has been logged in to your town

Yes, yes, yes! It takes up too much space trying to leave messages with bushes, etc.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    I like Neo's idea that would definitely work like they could have a set of categories to choose from. Also I think they could have a custom message option where they could block any profane messages from sending.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    I like Neo's idea that would definitely work like they could have a set of categories to choose from. Also I think they could have a custom message option where they could block any profane messages from sending.

:)

If they did do a custom message we would defo need the block function :thumbup:
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:

Yeah, EA is certainly capable of censoring. Just ask anyone who's ever come here & tried to talk about the M o n a Lisa 8)
  • fizzbin71825
    239 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    as great as it can be for the majority of players, you know there will be some who abuse it.
    And those people would quickly have no friends. I don't really see how it's a problem.

It's the legal end of it. Someone posts something racist, a link, or something offensive (etc.) there needs to be a way to report it. Otherwise EA opens themselves up to litigation.

Pre-made comments might be good, but I doubt there would be one for "tap the tile," which is one a lot of people will want.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

It's the legal end of it. Someone posts something racist, a link, or something offensive (etc.) there needs to be a way to report it. Otherwise EA opens themselves up to litigation. .

This was the reason i was thinking set messages could be done :) Saves all the aggro lol
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Well, tile tapping is out now that two neighbors can't tap the same building until it's cleared, so that message wouldn't really be necessary. If I was leaving messages in neighboring towns, though, I'd mostly want to say stuff about design, like "I love that quarry lake you made with water and fences" or "wow, those pink fences actually look pretty good around your hot tub." I doubt there would be set messages for that.
  • alexeliz3
    88 posts
    edited March 2014
    The pre-made messages is a good idea. There could also be an option for a custom message with a character limit.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    maybe we could draw penises on our neighbors billboards
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.