EA Forums - Banner

Messages for neighbors

2Next

Replies

• TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2014
    I'd say start simple, and I will mention my old idea:

Every town gets a billboard which also serves as the landing point when any neighbor visits. You can customize your billboard with various messages, preferences, etc. Maybe make it clickable so that it gets bigger & the visitor can see it better. Very useful during events.

But I think EA would have to include a "report" feature as well, to cover themselves. Too many issues can arise if people can write anything they like. Which is probably why they have yet to incorporate something like this - as great as it can be for the majority of players, you know there will be some who abuse it.

Perfect. Simple and effective. Just preset messages. Player can select which one, if any, to display.
  • fizzbin71825
    239 posts Member
    edited March 2014

Every town gets a billboard which also serves as the landing point when any neighbor visits. You can customize your billboard with various messages, preferences, etc. Maybe make it clickable so that it gets bigger & the visitor can see it better. Very useful during events.

But I think EA would have to include a "report" feature as well, to cover themselves. Too many issues can arise if people can write anything they like. Which is probably why they have yet to incorporate something like this - as great as it can be for the majority of players, you know there will be some who abuse it.

Perfect. Simple and effective. Just preset messages. Player can select which one, if any, to display.

Thanks. The more I think on it, the more I think the preset messages make sense. It would save a lot of hassle, provide easy and simple directions/information, and prevent abuse (cough...maxxspider...cough :wink: )
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014

Thanks. The more I think on it, the more I think the preset messages make sense. It would save a lot of hassle, provide easy and simple directions/information, and prevent abuse (cough...maxxspider...cough :wink: )
    I think it would be dull, though. I've played games with preset messages. It's impossible to have a conversation, I eventually stopped using it.
  • fizzbin71825
    239 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    @neuro (I hate long quote blocks)

Not really thinking about conversations - at least not yet - but more about leaving simple messages to anyone who visits. I believe that if EA did try something more interactive in terms of communication with this game, they would do it slowly to make sure there are no issues. So let's say, hypothetically, that they gave us a billboard with 20 preset phrases. Over the next few months they add a phrase or two. After 6 months of that, having now worked out any bugs or crashing issues, they give us the ability to write our own phrases, but they add a "report" button to it so they cover themselves.

Short version - if they do it, let them do it slowly & I think everyone (except Josh) will be happy.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.