EA Forums - Banner

Constantly crashing on Android

Replies

• Snakeyees
    2319 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Add my Samsung Galaxy SIII to that list as well. I'm rooted however and am running CM11. It's getting so annoying that I'm about ready to just stop playing all together. It's not worth the time and aggravation anymore. I wonder if I can get a refund for all my wasted hard earned money I spent on freaking donuts!?

Contact the store where you bought them from either Apple or Google play

Good luck
  • EvilLotte
    7 posts
    edited March 2014
    Xarone wrote:
    Buy an iPad. Problem solved. :)

IPads, well any Apple product really, are overpriced pieces of garbage. I don't much care for Android either, bought my tablet for a couple reasons, it was on sale, to get some apps I can't get on my Windows devices, including this one. IMHO anyone who buys Apple products have more money than brains.

Back to issue at hand, it's odd like mentioned in previous comments, my one town crashes constantly(since Halloween update) and other town on the same device doesn't crash at all but it has the overlapping/edit mode buildings, only 2 of the buildings earn money and 98% of my characters are stuck on tasks. (since vd update) if it were a fault in the device, I would have the same problems in both towns, it's obviously a coding problem needing solved. I have put a ticket in for both towns issues, got a few emails saying the issue was escalated to"expert" level in the final email I received on both accounts and have heard nothing since. It's been weeks on vd problems and months on the crashing issues. At this point I've pretty much given up on either issue ever being fixed. I'm about to uninstall it and cut my losses. I have spent $ on it, which I regret. I won't make that mistake again with anything EA. They don't give a damn about losing a couple people because there's always another sucker...
  • ejohnson71455
    1 posts
    edited March 2014
    I get about 5 crashes a day on either galaxy s4 or nexus 7(2013). Have submitted over 30 crash reports, don't care anymore.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    All of the complaints about "crashing since XXX update" I think are missing the point of what **I** think is happening. I think that once you reach a particular level of items/characters in your town, the game becomes unstable, and crashes anytime an action pushes the game over some limit (and it seems to happen before the 4500 limit as I have yet to reach that).

I believe this wholeheartedly, and I think this is why a) there has been no real fix and b) why the updates have been so lackluster lately. If they load us up with more stuff, there will come a point where no one will be able to play the game. I fear that the only fix would be virtually a total makeover of the code, which I imagine would be a HUMONGOUS undertaking (I sure hope not though...).

I read on here that one person was able to 'fix' their game by rooting his device, and lowering his screen resolution (in effect lowering the load on his device). I don't expect tickets opened to EA on this issue to be resolved easily since if it is a limit on the device you are using, they would have to have the SAME device to recreate your issue. Chances are they all use ipads anyway. So they have to grasp at other issues...corrupt files, etc...

I too was crashing more than I was able to play on my Nook HD+, and when I got the overlapping issue in one of my feeder towns, I figured it was about time to try an apple product, so I put an ipad air on my best buy card, and have been playing relatively crashless (except for once or twice every few days or so). It's a shame that this is what I had to do to fix 2 big problems with the game. Luckily it was my birthday, so I splurged!!
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I was holding off on joining in the discussion about crashes since I didn't feel like my game was crashing enough however I have changed my mind on that. Last night trying to go through and visit all my friends, it took twice as long as normal. Seeing how just visiting friends without having any crashes can already take upwards of 30 minutes, add in the crashes and im looking at an hour plus to just get through everyone.

Im on Galaxy SIII and even though the game will crash occasionally while clearing my own town, the bulk of the issues comes with visiting friends. Its gotten to where I almost cant even bother to look around peoples towns and try to find graffiti buildings to tag, I have to just move slowly and click the first 3 things I see or risk crashing.

I don't like to complain but this really stinks. Not a day has gone by in ages where it doesn't crash a handful of times.

Has anyone heard anything at all about this or know of a way to help? I have already checked my pending friends list, and also am not close to reaching the item limit.

Its certainly not a big enough problem to make me want to quit this game but it does sometimes prevent me from visiting all of my friends.
  • marcher233
    14 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Add me.
    Nexus 4, Android 4.4.2, no matter Dalvik or ART tuntime, the game crashes constantly.

I have opened three or more cases to EA. The crashes not only affect the joy, it breaks the purchase processes!!! I lost 2400 donuts thanks to the crash feature! (However I got refund from EA after one day though, but it troubles me when it crashes...)

• Ecl3t1c
    63 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    All the same problems here too. I used to play on my Nexus 10. The KitKat update (4.4.2) made the game unplayable. Since then, I purchased an EVGA TEGRA NOTE 7 which is running Jellybean (4.3) and have my crashes reduced to a few per week. The TEGRA NOTE wants to update to KitKat but I'm refusing the update. I installed TSTO on a brand new Samsung Note Pro 10.1 at Best Buy (running KitKat) and had exactly the same problem as my Nexus 10.

Having to use two tablets when I should be able to use one is ridiculous. I'll assume the blame lies with EA but other apps were never the same since KitKat.
  • bennettlau318
    9 posts
    edited March 2014
    Ongoing crashes with my Sony Xperia Z. I am virtually unable to play the game now, with all the crashes it takes upwards of 20 minutes just to get my characters doing tasks.

I too have the issues with visiting friends and don't even bother anymore it's not worth the frustration.

Read on here initially, (6 months ago) that force stopping the app helps, and it did for the first month or so, but now the issue is far worse than it was when it began. Making the game virtually unplayable.

In total I have submitted close to 1,000 crash reports over this time, what a joke. Can't believe that I continued playing so long with this issue.

I have "Tapped Out"! Only to return once EA sorts out this glitch if they ever do.
  • idmo311
    3 posts
    edited March 2014
    Nuva wrote:
    Ever since the Christmas update, I've been getting constantly crashes when trying to play. I'm able to start it up, tap my stuff, and visit all my friends, but I can't get through 100 other Springfields without the game crashing at least 10 times. It's definitely gotten significantly less stable since the update (not that instability isn't the norm with this game, no matter which platform you play on). Here are my details:

Nexus 5
    Android 4.4.2 Build KOT49H
    ART runtime (not the default Dalvik)

I'm willing to provide bug reports and other information. Please, EA, let us help you fix this broken game.
  • idmo311
    3 posts
    edited March 2014
    Add me ad well

Nexus 5
    Level 38

Both my
    One and my wife's phones

Constantly crashing... Get it together EA
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Add me to the list, I just lost a golden scratcher due to a game crash. Playing on a Nexus 7 Mk 1. The game crashes constantly now and visiting neighbours has become a real pain.
  • blondie198187
    5 posts
    edited March 2014
    It seems like they aren't equipped to handle kitkat well. That's what most of us have in common. Maybe when kitkat is more available to the other carriers they will work on fixing it. I have a Nexus 4 running KitKat. My husband and daughter just have cheap RCA tablets and it works great on theirs. EA please look into the issue.
  • idmo311
    3 posts
    edited March 2014
    Is this just a page to * or does someone who knows Anything ever check it and come up with a solution... I'm talking to you EA
  • 5inge
    3 posts
    edited March 2014
    Im rocking a Note 2. After a week with EA tech support they closed my case after just telling me to contact Samsung. Okay. Let me contact a phone manufacturer as to why YOUR game is the only screwed up thing on this phone. Crashes on start up or crashes every few min randomly.
  • edited March 2014
    After I updated my note 3 to kitkat I've been unable to play for more than 10 minutes without a crash, and it is worse when trying to visit friends I have emailed but haven't gotten a answer or fix yet. guess I'm glad it's not only me maybe a fix is slowly in the works... :roll:
  • Bethm326
    14 posts
    edited March 2014
    Wish I saw this before I posted.

Both a Nexus and Samsung Galaxy have become basically unplayable.

Please acknowledge that you are hearing us.
  • marcher233
    14 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I have flashed my Nexus 7 (2012) to 4.2.2, yes, I did this for this f** game.
    Then I get fewer crashes. Currently I find crashes only happen when I return from K-land or collect money/XP from my friends. No random crashes, even if I press the Finder button rapidly.
    Looks like EA is not testing their "product" on 4.4.2?
  • Tischoo
    61 posts
    edited March 2014
    add me as well..just saw it here after updating :x

Since today i have Kitkat Android 4.4.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and unfortunately have to notice,
    that the app is crashing very often now, especially by visiting friends it nearly crashes with every swap from friend to friend. (with 4.3. before it has happened as well, but not that often)

Inside my springfield issue appears mostly, when i use the character finder.

Update: Now it´s already crashing during start of the app

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • NadZzzZ
    14 posts
    edited March 2014
    I find it very funny that EA very quickly notices that iPhone 4's crashes and immediately puts up there own post on the forum with information that they are trying to resolve the problem quickly, but to our cause its less important I guess.

I just wish EA confirmed that they know about the error and they are working on resolving the issue.

My Nexus devices continue to crash.
  • ILL90-AZ89
    1 posts
    edited March 2014
    I'm having the same issues. Takes a crazy long time to load, then once I'm in, constant crashes. It crashes most often when I'm just scrolling around. And I've pretty much given up on visiting friends towns, always crashes there. The game also takes a minute or so just to "place" a new terrain tile (street, river, etc).

I'm using a Samsung S3 Android 4.3, and the same problems occur when I tried loading my account on my brother's phone (same model). The problems have been happening mostly since the Valentine's Day update.

I've tried everything. Please fix this EA!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!