EA Forums - Banner

Who saw the new Simpsons episodes? [SPOILERS]

AJtheboss1
3869 posts Member
Anybody else catch the final moments where Ned was remembering dancing with Edna and he stays "I miss that laugh" and Nelson sticks his head in Flander's window and says "Ha-Ha!! I miss it too" .. Did I miss something? They retired Edna already?
"The **** of the future will be the anti-****."

Replies

• atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited March 2014
    i must have missed something... what happened to Edna? i totally missed what happened... O.o
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited March 2014
    Anybody else catch the final moments where Ned was remembering dancing with Edna and he stays "I miss that laugh" and Nelson sticks his head in Flander's window and says "Ha-Ha!! I miss it too" .. Did I miss something? They retired Edna already?

lol i just asked about that... i heard someone was going to die, but they didn't talk about Edna or anything.. really weird...
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Yeah I thought that was nice actually. That was very well thought out! :D
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Yeah I thought that was nice actually. That was very well thought out! :D

Yea, but I swear he was talking about he was going to go dancing wih her earlier in the episode and that he was just remembering it as if it just happened. Edna also appeared in the scene and had a bunch of lines and of course her laugh. So it's not like she wasnt around to record those lines unless somebody else voiced them, which I highly doubt. It kinds came outta nowhere.
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited March 2014
    just read that before Marcia Wallace (voice of Edna) passed away she had done most of the season already, so that means she prolly did the dance scene in some other context and they changed it around so they did in the "dream sequence" for a tribute to her...
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    atiq_ruhel wrote:
    just read that before Marcia Wallace (voice of Edna) passed away she had done most of the season already, so that means she prolly did the dance scene in some other context and they changed it around so they did in the "dream sequence" for a tribute to her...

I belive so. It's sad, but they retiered her character out of respect. Poor Ned though, two women he truly loved taken from him. Fictional guy, but really sad situation :(
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Kinda came without any backstory though. So now she's just gone?
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    At least they did it gracefully instead of just killing off her character...

Also, the lines were probably recorded sometime before her passing. Voice actors regularly record their lines well in advance. The writers probably had the idea long ago, but re-worked the animation to fit with the situation.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    So now sideshow bob is essentially a mutant... (Excuse the X-men reference).
    Now he's practically unstoppable. No one can kill him, well unless they shoot him in the head or something lol.

Who saw that coming? :shock:

I havent seen this episode so seeing this post....what happened to Sideshow bob?? :shock:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Now he's practically unstoppable. No one can kill him, well unless they shoot him in the head or something lol.

I havent seen this episode so seeing this post....what happened to Sideshow bob?? :shock:

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!
    Seriously, stop reading if you don't want key plot points given away!

You were warned.

He genetically modified himself to contain DNA from various animals to give himself various advantages such as the jumping ability of a locust, gills of a fish, teeth of a shark, the jaws of a snake.. Ect.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    atiq_ruhel wrote:

lol i just asked about that... i heard someone was going to die, but they didn't talk about Edna or anything.. really weird...

Edna isn't the character that will die neither is sideshow Bob or any of hank azarias characters
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    MissGrafin wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!
    Seriously, stop reading if you don't want key plot points given away!

You were warned.

He genetically modified himself to contain DNA from various animals to give himself various advantages such as the jumping ability of a locust, gills of a fish, teeth of a shark, the jaws of a snake.. Ect.
    Yup! :thumbup: you beat me to answering it haha :P

Seriously tho I didn't see that happening in the show. It went way off the rails, but in a good way I guess. I wonder if we'll ever see him again and if so if he'll be using his newly acquired powers.
  • Kozzi59
    1393 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm sorry, but as a tribute to Mrs K/Marcia Wallace I thought it was kinda lame (the last 30 seconds aside). My daughter actually had a cool idea: have all the actors reminisce in person of their memories working with Marcia, interspersed with clips of Mrs K from the show.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.