EA Forums - Banner

While in someone elses town...

2Next

Replies

• edited March 2014
    I think the person who's town was entered may have posted in the original thread saying someone had entered and spelled "hi" with their fences, and that's the only reason they knew that someone had been there. I don't recall them saying anything about the friend visits. Go give the original thread a read. Maybe you can message the person directly.

I think most of us are worried our donuts will get spent, or our things will get sold off. It has happened to a few others already. I myself have been logged into towns that weren't my twice. I logged out quickly, but not before being forced to accept a daily prize and a donut in a "choo choo choose me" window.
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Azziebelle wrote:
    I agree that OP needed to be told that he did something wrong, but there's no reason for so many people to jump into the thread and do that.
    What else can you expect when posting on a public forum?

baddazoner wrote:
    I went to visit their friends to see if I could get ahold of someone to let them know what happened and it was my friends, so I visit every one of them and got the person from 300 something to 900 something Friend Points [/i]

it was their own friends they visited if that's the case i'm not sure it will reset any timer they had on their friend list they just seemed to get credited with the friend points.
    Again, not the OP's SF therefore it's not up to them to decide whether they are doing any favors or not.
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited March 2014
    I logged to someone else's town and won them 30 donuts on the mystery box before I realized it wasn't my town.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited March 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    can someone please do all my daily friend visits for me
    sure, I will, also use any of your spare donuts as I see fit :wink:

• theredjacket
    526 posts
    edited March 2014
    I'll conceed that visiting friends may have been a mistake, since apparently evertone wants to slowly earn wants to do the friends visitng on their own. I will reiterate that they weren't the other persons friends, they were mine still, and I figured I'd click through and earn back some cash to make up for the fences I had purchased. I will also point out that I didn't unlock anything with friends points, now would I have continued tapping if it was going to get to that point, the reward should be theres. Anyway, I'll tkae your point to heart and not visit friends or alter anything significantly. , I guess I got carried away when I was trying to find a way to contact the person and thought, hey they barely have any points I'm sure a few hundred extra would be a nice suprise.

However, how is the person suppose to know that their securrity is being violated by EA (not me, I did nothing but log on my phone) if I don't leave the message. Yes it's annoying that there is a message, but at least they know that EA is handing their town around.

I challenge one of you to tell me how to let the persohn know that they are being violated in any other way. I will then follow the precise course of action that you suggest in the future. I couldn't find their name, I couldn't even find their friends to tell them, and when I contacted my own friends asking them who (that wasn't on their list) visited their town it came up as Frink, so I'm not really sure what else we should do. EA will only solve the problem if people complain, people can only complain if they know it's happening. Doing nothing just allows EA to keep doing nothing.
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    ^^ How about instead of altering anything at all you send them a PM from here or where ever it was you initially picked up the friend request?
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Something needs to be done to let people know. If your landlord got into the habit of handing out keys to your home to random strangers, wouldn't you like a warning.

Even if the OP was able to find out the name on the town, and send a message through Origin. How many TSTO players ever visit Origin? How many of them even know what Origin is? I know what it is, yet I almost never go there. On the rare occasions that I am there, I never look for messages.

Most people who have had benign invaders in their towns never know it. Have no clue what could have been done by that invader. Even people who get their towns trashed often don't know what really happened. They assume that some nefarious individual hacked their account. They rush to change their passwords.

Consequently, the pressure on EA to fix this problem is quite small.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    ^^ How about instead of altering anything at all you send them a PM from here or where ever it was you initially picked up the friend request?
    You can't see the name on a town you get mistakenly directed to. I caught a glimpse of a town that was not my own, but not a username that was not my own. (It was not one of my neighbor's towns, so "wherever you received the friend request" is useless in most cases)
  • theredjacket
    526 posts
    edited March 2014

The person wasn't in my friends list, and it didn't tell me their name when I logged in, although I was so caught of guard by the message about having not been logged out on another device I don't know if I actually looked int he corner to see if it was my name.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    When I was logged into someone elses town it was my username and friendlist while I logged off as soon as I could I saw there was no way of knowing whose town it is so maybe that's why ea hasn't done much
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited March 2014

The person wasn't in my friends list, and it didn't tell me their name when I logged in, although I was so caught of guard by the message about having not been logged out on another device I don't know if I actually looked int he corner to see if it was my name.
    My apologies. I've been fortunate enough to have never logged into a SF that wasn't my own so I expected it would show another username upon login. Still should tap stuff though. :P
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    When I was logged into someone elses town it was my username and friendlist while I logged off as soon as I could I saw there was no way of knowing whose town it is so maybe that's why ea hasn't done much
    Yep, same here. My friends list, my name in the bottom left, but someone else's town. I left immediately after noticing this stuff, but I understand the reasoning behind wanting to leave a message. There was no other way to go about it. No way of knowing who's town it even was, or how I cold contact them.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    maxeerg wrote:
    Something needs to be done to let people know. If your landlord got into the habit of handing out keys to your home to random strangers, wouldn't you like a warning.

Even if the OP was able to find out the name on the town, and send a message through Origin. How many TSTO players ever visit Origin? How many of them even know what Origin is? I know what it is, yet I almost never go there. On the rare occasions that I am there, I never look for messages.

Most people who have had benign invaders in their towns never know it. Have no clue what could have been done by that invader. Even people who get their towns trashed often don't know what really happened. They assume that some nefarious individual hacked their account. They rush to change their passwords.

Consequently, the pressure on EA to fix this problem is quite small.

'Benign visitors', scary thought...
  • LPNintendoITA
    11500 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    65Malibu wrote:
    I logged to someone else's town and won them 30 donuts on the mystery box before I realized it wasn't my town.
    well that person is sure happy lol
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited March 2014
    maxeerg wrote:

LOL, completely different scenario. It's just a game (besides money spent on donuts). If random people were showing up inside my house I'd call the police, pretty simple.

OP, Not sure why you'd even need to contact them, you don't need to write "HIII!!!!" In fences (that you spent THEIR money on) , just log out once you realize it's not your town like everyone else does. Ea isn't handing out towns, it's a glitch.
  • theredjacket
    526 posts
    edited March 2014
    maxeerg wrote:

LOL, completely different scenario. It's just a game (besides money spent on donuts). If random people were showing up inside my house I'd call the police, pretty simple.

OP, Not sure why you'd even need to contact them, you don't need to write "HIII!!!!" In fences (that you spent THEIR money on) , just log out once you realize it's not your town like everyone else does. Ea isn't handing out towns, it's a glitch.

It's a glitch that has potentially costly effects. I have a large ammount of donuts that someone could waste, and there is no saying that EA would reinburse me. I left the message so that the person would know someone had been in their town and so that they have the option to report it if they wish.

How does everyone who keeps saying they have been uneffected by this issue know they've been uneffected. It seems equally likely that someone has logged in their town and just didn't do anything while they were there. Someone may have already been in your town! Does this not bother you? If the issue persists it's only a matter of time before someone more evil ends up in our towns and sells something we might not ever get back.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited March 2014
    this is something EA needs to get on top of fast.. it's embarrassing for it to happen and can be costly to anyone that's affected.

could you imagine if someone sold all of a completionists premium items i don't see EA giving the full amount of donuts back or giving limited edition items back.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!