EA Forums - Banner

Christmas lights!

Replies

• jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I left them on but with tapping I randomly tap then on n off, so if you looked at my town some r lighted and some r not.
  • roperlego859
    487 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    For me, it's also Cletus and Nelson's house, and a random Pink House with a bunch of other holiday stuff in their yard. I took the other lights down the day the Valentines Update came out.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited March 2014
    I started playing right after whacking day last year, so I didn't get my Christmas lights until I got them off the wheel this Christmas. I like them so much that im keeping them up until I get sick of them. They add more color and animation to my town, and I just really enjoy them.
  • flexster741
    352 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    I see so many towns that still have the christmas skins on their houses!

Come on people, it's march lol! :lol:

Good thing we are not friends. You would hate my town.
  • MillaBucsMagic
    21 posts
    edited March 2014
    I took the lights down right away, but left the candy cooling towers up for a bit.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    juliet603 wrote:

Oh I have plenty of friends that still have their Xmas decs up, I don't hate them - I worry about them! After all, if it's bad luck to keep them up 12 days after Xmas... What chance do they have if they're still up now? :lol:
  • camhd
    8 posts
    edited March 2014
    I took my lights down, but Fanders Homer and Barney still do Christmas chores.
  • Tonka-LAT9
    9 posts
    edited March 2014
    Agree with a few. I've got cletus and nelson and willies on. And an odd random blue house in my blue house estate :).
  • wrkingrl509
    77 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I still have mine on a couple of buildings for aesthetic reasons, and put the all the lights up for my birthday (but then took them down the next day).

I'm thinking its about time to take them down now that its almost saint pattys, and then bringing them all back up for a xmas in july thing :lol:
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I took them all off, except the Simpson house. Like others said, Homer's not going to rush to take them down. :)
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited March 2014
    juliet603 wrote:

I have asked Cletus and Nelson to take them down in my town but they refuse to do it so i have just decided to let them get on with it :lol: I finally managed to get Homer to take his down about a week ago :lol:

I like to leave the lights up on these houses as it kinda suits them :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • bkopp1
    350 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm having the same problem with those two in my town also. I think they have had them up for over a year now.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Anyone who has lights up still I delete them
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2014
    My xmas lights in the game are off and they are staying off until xmas 2014 :lol::lol::lol:
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I also have my lights on at Cletus farm, Nelsons house, Willies shack and a random couple of houses. I like to leep alittle bit of items from all the holiday events displayed in my town. I have a few pumpkins hidden, some skeletons, toy soldiers, etc. all sprinkled around town..
  • flexster741
    352 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:

Oh I have plenty of friends that still have their Xmas decs up, I don't hate them - I worry about them! After all, if it's bad luck to keep them up 12 days after Xmas... What chance do they have if they're still up now? :lol:

It is a tradition in the south to keep the up year round. :D
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I earned my lights, so they will be displayed along with everything else I have. I don't see how it is any different from leaving out Christmas trees, Santa's village, or other holiday things. If any of my neighbors are so offended to delete me, I will find new ones.
  • Remy3000
    95 posts
    edited March 2014
    Smurf1972 wrote:
    I was tempted to leave them on a couple of houses, I don't know about you, but IRL there's always one or two people who leave the lights up all year. I suspect it's a real nightmare to check on blown bulbs, when their still in situ but Heigh, go figure :D

Now you've reminded me Cletus's farm and Nelson's house seem perfect examples of buildings just asking for this... :mrgreen:

Homer's too lazy to take his lights down, you should leave his lights up and a Halloween Jack o'lantern out front.
  • HappyTrailsToo
    26 posts
    edited March 2014
    Around here, "Christmas Lights" magically become "Celebration Lights" about mid January. There are just so many things to celebrate . . .
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    meinaz wrote:
    I earned my lights, so they will be displayed along with everything else I have. I don't see how it is any different from leaving out Christmas trees, Santa's village, or other holiday things. If any of my neighbors are so offended to delete me, I will find new ones.

Those things earn money and XP
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.