EA Forums - Banner

Insanely terrible update. How very disappointing.

Replies

• Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited March 2014
    So you threaten to leave after every update yet you never do :?:

:thumbup:

(Careful now...he'll say you have no right to tell him what games he can and cannot play. As if that is even slightly pertinent.)
  • theredjacket
    526 posts
    edited March 2014
    I enjoy how much Josh ranted and raved about wanting previously Limited time iteams from Halloween and other events to come back and is now complaining that on Saint P's when they rerelease content he already has it and it's therefor not a good update.

There is only so much Saint P content in the show, the orange leprachaun would be cool, but we can hope for next year, and other then that I can't even think what else to do.
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    So you threaten to leave after every update yet you never do :?:

:thumbup:

(Careful now...he'll say you have no right to tell him what games he can and cannot play. As if that is even slightly pertinent.)

We yet have to hear about ... jalousy :mrgreen:
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited March 2014
    Let's see how many off the same people will be raging in here :lol:
  • ink19810
    616 posts
    edited March 2014
    What he doesn't realize is that there's a huge chunk of people that are on Android and didn't have the game for most of these events..hince the rereleasing of stuff. EA is just letting them catch up. They're still giving new stuff right along with the old
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm not going to quit. Instead I've got something even better in mind. As I previously stated, these game developers are artists. They do what they love doing and they take pride in their work. They want a great review of their artwork more than money or anything else in the world. I can think of no better revenge than to keep playing/buying everything and then explaining all of the flaws in them. Let's see if they can even look themselves in the mirror in the morning.
  • kennedy6988
    225 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey, at least you got the update man, still waiting here. . .*sigh* oh well
  • cjryder625
    1414 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I don't think EA are interested in long time players who have already reached the top level and have bought all the premiums. It makes far more business sense to concentrate on new and lower level players and encourage them to purchase donuts. That is why they are re-releasing old limited time stuff because new player see it in other Springfields and want it for themselves. Just accept you have reached the end of the game and just see anything added as a bonus. I know people have spent lots of money on it but that doesn't guarantee EA will continue to expand to satisfy you. After all when questioned on spending so much money people liken it to going to the cinema or reading a book and you wouldn't expect an author or film director to keep churning out stuff just because you had gone to the cinema or bought a book. Personally I think two years of having fun playing a game is quite a good deal.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • el_smack
    38 posts
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Instead I've got something even better in mind.

My favorite part of TSTO is that by not buying donuts, I am hurting people like Josh. Makes me feel warm inside.
  • denthdeath
    81 posts
    edited March 2014
    got to say i agree as well, for me it's like there was no update since i already got it as well. they could at least have a new building and character released or something..... disappointing , and yes to be honest nothing really good so far this year, i really hope lvl 39 is coming like tomorrow or so...
  • dazzlerbing
    112 posts
    edited March 2014
    ink19810 wrote:
    What he doesn't realize is that there's a huge chunk of people that are on Android and didn't have the game for most of these events..hince the rereleasing of stuff. EA is just letting them catch up. They're still giving new stuff right along with the old

This was the first 'event' which was available on both Android and IOS and could and maybe should have been a line in the sand moment where the re release of old content stopped....but no, it would appear that events will become of less interest to the older players and with every event a bit of uniqueness from older towns will die along with it.

On the bright side.....I have just popped my cherry for posting on one of Josh's threads.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited March 2014
    Josh I have never agreed with you up until now. I mean I love the update because I was not here last year but if I was I know I would be mad to. They should of made the orange leprechaun free and make him have a quest line so it would be something new for old players. All I can say is we better have a REALLY cool new event in April or whacking day with new stuff for the old people. Also I am only level 24 so I don't need more land yet but I agree the amount of land they give us total is way to small also I think we are a little over due for level 39.
  • Renamed8736
    231 posts
    edited March 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    simbass7 wrote:
    AlanSherer wrote:
    WE HAVE NOT HAD ONE DECENT UPDATE IN 2014!

Alan.... Josh..... any connection, family?

Spouses i believe

Hahahahahahahaha no one laughed at this? I damn near fell outta my chair.
    Hahahahahahaha
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    cjryder625 wrote:
    I don't think EA are interested in long time players who have already reached the top level and have bought all the premiums. It makes far more business sense to concentrate on new and lower level players and encourage them to purchase donuts. That is why they are re-releasing old limited time stuff because new player see it in other Springfields and want it for themselves. Just accept you have reached the end of the game and just see anything added as a bonus. I know people have spent lots of money on it but that doesn't guarantee EA will continue to expand to satisfy you. After all when questioned on spending so much money people liken it to going to the cinema or reading a book and you wouldn't expect an author or film director to keep churning out stuff just because you had gone to the cinema or bought a book. Personally I think two years of having fun playing a game is quite a good deal.

I am afraid that you may be right. Although I would argue the 2 year thing since I have only been playing for like 6 months... Unfortunately, I have already been getting other games which are whittling away my available time, and interest in continuing this game. I have a lot to do still (like arrange my town properly), but the daily grind is catching up to me, and to not have anything new to do makes the other 'shiny objects' in front of me seem shinier.... :mrgreen:
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I'm not going to quit. Instead I've got something even better in mind. As I previously stated, these game developers are artists. They do what they love doing and they take pride in their work. They want a great review of their artwork more than money or anything else in the world. I can think of no better revenge than to keep playing/buying everything and then explaining all of the flaws in them. Let's see if they can even look themselves in the mirror in the morning.
    Yeah "buying" says the guy who sped up all of the FP rewards and then tried to quickly cover his tracks after realizing how much it would cost by saying he got a raise. I'm onto you..
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    ink19810 wrote:
    So Apple users should get nothing then?
    This is the worst update they've ever produced. Why screw over older players? I don't mind them giving previously "exclusive" items to newer players, but at least give us something here.

I've enjoyed the FP prizes more than anything in the Valentine's and this update combined (although I got nothing, out of this update, so that's not saying much).
  • ink19810
    616 posts
    edited March 2014
    Rosshk wrote:
    ink19810 wrote:
    So Apple users should get nothing then?
    This is the worst update they've ever produced. Why screw over older players? I don't mind them giving previously "exclusive" items to newer players, but at least give us something here.

I've enjoyed the FP prizes more than anything in the Valentine's and this update combined (although I got nothing, out of this update, so that's not saying much).

Apple users already have everything that's been rereleased. It's just whining about nothing
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Didnt even realize there was an update until I read this.

Still... I think Josh is pretty right this time. It's a terrible update with nothing of interest. So much for last years grand prize. And of course the really ugly green water is back. Yugh!

And Oh Yeah. It still takes me 2,5+ minutes to get into the game, place roads, pavements etc.

Not always, but this time Josh is 100% right in my book.
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I am just glad I finally got the pub with O'Flanagan (even if he IS a forgettable character). I am just disappointed they didn't use this as an opportunity to re-release Rex Banner. The leprechauns don't interest me that much(I still might get them though).
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited March 2014
    cbg_eaforums.png
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!