EA Forums - Banner

Please! Help!

Only thing you can do is Contact EA at hxxp://help.ea.com (replace the xx with TT) and work with them if they give you some stupid answer make sure you push for level 2 support or a manager they are the only ones that can fix this mess.

!. you will need to search for the game

2. Answer their questions

3. email them and wait

Good luck

Replies

• ann2526
    3 posts
    edited March 2014
    Dear Sophia,

I just heard back from EA and I am not happy. I had he same thing happened to me like what happened to you. My donuts were spent and it was not me. They spent it on Sherri and Terri and the mayflower and completely redid My squidport.

I contacted EA and they tell me that they understand that I have sent them a message in regards to having buyers remorse. HOW CAN I HAVE THAT WHEN I DID NOT MAKE THE PURCHASES??
    Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.I reviewed your issue and understand that you have mistakenly bought the “Twins Sherri and Terri ” for 250 Donuts. Now you wish to undo this particular action in “The Simpsons: Tapped Out” game. I regret to share that all in-game transactions are full and final and cannot be undone once processed. That is why, we do not have the ability to add/remove any items from your game account. However, as an one time exception, I can go ahead and credit your account with 15 Donuts. If you wish to get 15 donuts, then please provide us the following information to add Donuts into your account.Origin ID:E-mail address associated with the Origin ID:Mayhem ID:To locate your Mayhem ID, please follow-In the any of the game menu (bottom left where the level bar is), tap on the "Get More" button-At the top right corner of "The Store" menu, tap on the "i" located beside the "?" and the "EA" icons.-Underneath "Info", tap on the blue"View" button-At the very top section "About", tap on the blue "View" button-The Mayhem ID is located below the version number and is a long string of numbers.To prevent such thing from happening again, we do have a feature called, 'Donuts Spend Confirmation Box' which you can activate in your game. To do so, please follow the below instructions : 1. Go to the build menu 2. Tap the little "i" on the top right of the build options3. Select "Confirm Donut Spend", Set to "ON" And there you will have the confirmation box, next time you tap for spending Donuts or every time your Donuts are about to be spent in the game. (If you play on multiple device, you’ll have to perform the same steps on each of the device). I look forward to your reply.

Yeah they completely ignored what the issue was. They know it's an issue and for the most part most people are honest and do not make changes when they are not in the correct town. I know that anytime I have been sent to a wrong tone, I log out and login and I'm usually back in my town. I saved those donuts and I even checked again that my confirm donuts is on. They should be able to see at least what country ip made those changes with my account. I can assure you I have never given my information out, this is not acceptable to me.
  • Snakeyees
    2332 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Level 1 support are not very Intelligent sometimes i think its a machine. But you need to fight with them Reply back and say I did not spend them make sure they understand your problem ask for level 2 support

Good luck dont give up.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    ann2526 wrote:
    Dear Sophia,

I just heard back from EA and I am not happy. I had he same thing happened to me like what happened to you. My donuts were spent and it was not me. They spent it on Sherri and Terri and the mayflower and completely redid My squidport.

I contacted EA and they tell me that they understand that I have sent them a message in regards to having buyers remorse. HOW CAN I HAVE THAT WHEN I DID NOT MAKE THE PURCHASES??
    Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.I reviewed your issue and understand that you have mistakenly bought the “Twins Sherri and Terri ” for 250 Donuts. Now you wish to undo this particular action in “The Simpsons: Tapped Out” game. I regret to share that all in-game transactions are full and final and cannot be undone once processed. That is why, we do not have the ability to add/remove any items from your game account. However, as an one time exception, I can go ahead and credit your account with 15 Donuts. If you wish to get 15 donuts, then please provide us the following information to add Donuts into your account.Origin ID:E-mail address associated with the Origin ID:Mayhem ID:To locate your Mayhem ID, please follow-In the any of the game menu (bottom left where the level bar is), tap on the "Get More" button-At the top right corner of "The Store" menu, tap on the "i" located beside the "?" and the "EA" icons.-Underneath "Info", tap on the blue"View" button-At the very top section "About", tap on the blue "View" button-The Mayhem ID is located below the version number and is a long string of numbers.To prevent such thing from happening again, we do have a feature called, 'Donuts Spend Confirmation Box' which you can activate in your game. To do so, please follow the below instructions : 1. Go to the build menu 2. Tap the little "i" on the top right of the build options3. Select "Confirm Donut Spend", Set to "ON" And there you will have the confirmation box, next time you tap for spending Donuts or every time your Donuts are about to be spent in the game. (If you play on multiple device, you’ll have to perform the same steps on each of the device). I look forward to your reply.

Yeah they completely ignored what the issue was. They know it's an issue and for the most part most people are honest and do not make changes when they are not in the correct town. I know that anytime I have been sent to a wrong tone, I log out and login and I'm usually back in my town. I saved those donuts and I even checked again that my confirm donuts is on. They should be able to see at least what country ip made those changes with my account. I can assure you I have never given my information out, this is not acceptable to me.

Did you make your self clear enough about what your problem was? What did you write?
  • ann2526
    3 posts
    edited March 2014
    What I wrote to them:

I play tapped out on my ipad and when I logged in. I noticed I had a quest about the twins Sherri and Terri and it took me by surprise because I did not purchase them. I then immediately notice that I have 94 donuts. When I last played about 3 hours ago - I had 344 donuts and a five star rating. I now do not have full star rating and I'm missing 250 donuts.

I can see that Sherri and Terri are in my town and I do not currently notice if other characters were purchased. When I noticed my donuts were spent and my case amount did seem lower, I immediately logged out and signed in again. I still am missing 250 donuts. Earlier this week when I went to play my game I was logged into someone else's springfield. I signed out and signed in to my account. I was on my account and everything seemed normal.

I believe someone was sent into my account and they spent my donuts. I did not spend them. I only play on my ipad mini and I play from japan. Please fix my account. I did not make the donut changes or did I spend it. Please assist and thank you for your time. I logged into my account again and have noticed that when someone else got into my game - they made changed to my squidport and they purchased a ship. I just want my account back. My donuts were spent. I a me only one that has access to my ipad and I have not given my account to anyone.
  • Snakeyees
    2332 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    ann2526 wrote:
    What I wrote to them:

I play tapped out on my ipad and when I logged in. I noticed I had a quest about the twins Sherri and Terri and it took me by surprise because I did not purchase them. I then immediately notice that I have 94 donuts. When I last played about 3 hours ago - I had 344 donuts and a five star rating. I now do not have full star rating and I'm missing 250 donuts.

I can see that Sherri and Terri are in my town and I do not currently notice if other characters were purchased. When I noticed my donuts were spent and my case amount did seem lower, I immediately logged out and signed in again. I still am missing 250 donuts. Earlier this week when I went to play my game I was logged into someone else's springfield. I signed out and signed in to my account. I was on my account and everything seemed normal.

I believe someone was sent into my account and they spent my donuts. I did not spend them. I only play on my ipad mini and I play from japan. Please fix my account. I did not make the donut changes or did I spend it. Please assist and thank you for your time. I logged into my account again and have noticed that when someone else got into my game - they made changed to my squidport and they purchased a ship. I just want my account back. My donuts were spent. I a me only one that has access to my ipad and I have not given my account to anyone.

That is plain English but EA'S level 1 support reps do not like to read you have no idea how many times i had to post the same thing over and over till i was escalated to level 2 support and i finally got someone who understood my problem. your statement is clear as day and i am sorry EA cant hire competent people to do Tech work.

Best thing you can do is keep responding till you get the resolution you want. if they close the case open another one referencing the case # is every subsequent ticket after that.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    ann2526 wrote:
    What I wrote to them:

The first tier of support is probably in India. Regardless, I have learned that it is best to be simple and to the point with any customer support people. They will often fixate on extraneous remarks.

If I were to revise your message it would be much smaller: My game was hacked. They spent my donuts. Help!

Hacked is a bit of a misnomer since EA is at fault, but it draws attention.
  • Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Look here

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10008273.page

and the thread mentioned in the OP

Looks like this is happening all the time. Sorry to say.

• HolliHawk
    43 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    It's very worrisome that in the last few days, a few times AFTER I was logged in, I've been locked out of my Springfield when waking my device. I got the message "This account has been signed into another device". I got back into my account after restarting. I have two boatloads of donuts and nearly two years of my time invested in one of my games. This URGENTLY needs to be fixed!!!!!

I've found myself in other peoples towns a few times since the weekend (therefore it's not an iOS 7.1 issue). I exited quickly and logged out. I can only hope that others have the same respect for me.
  • HolliHawk
    43 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Someone came into my town & messed up all my stuffs. Spent all my money on things that I dont need & used up all my donuts. It's really frustrating. The person who messed up my town also put all my characters into a 24 hours job. OH MY GOSH!!!

Is there anyone who can help? I dont mind about my coins (10million +) but I do mind on my donuts!!! I had a hard time saving up all those donuts!!! Sheesh I want my 260 donuts back!!!

I read your initial complaint to EA. Open a new complaint with them and start by saying that someone unknown to you accessed your town remotely and spent your donuts and made changes to your town. Say this is due to the program bug that EA is aware of. Also quote the case number you were given previously. If you don't get a satisfactory reply start emailing them to enquire about any progress they have made. Keep your correspondence in a chain, reply to, don't start a new chain. Make sure your case number - new one and old - is on every email you send. If after a while you get a message saying they are about to close your case reply immediately and say this hasn't been resolved and do not close your case. It may take a while, I had an issue that took a long time to resolve but in the end they fixed it and gave me extra donuts.

They're very nice people (in Texas, not in India as someone wrote) who have a job dealing with nothing but complaints and sometimes angry customers. They'll respond well to someone who is polite and understanding that they have a difficult job. Be persistent but be patient.
  • sophiawongml
    6 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you everyone for all the valuable advises.

A nice & friendly admin emailed me asking for some info which I had provided. I am now waiting for answers. To be honest, I'm just a regular daily player. I hardly come into this forum at all even when I had problem login in or get kicked out whenever there's a new update. However, donut means alot to me HAHAHA.

Also, I have absolutely no idea how & where to click to get an EA complaint number. (How dumb of me!)

• maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you everyone for all the valuable advises.

A nice & friendly admin emailed me asking for some info which I had provided. I am now waiting for answers. To be honest, I'm just a regular daily player. I hardly come into this forum at all even when I had problem login in or get kicked out whenever there's a new update. However, donut means alot to me HAHAHA.

Also, I have absolutely no idea how & where to click to get an EA complaint number. (How dumb of me!)

I hope they reply and give you back all your donuts! :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.