EA Forums - Banner

How long before you became a premium player

Replies

• AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I haven't been buying premium currency but I've bought some premiums by saving up :)

If had spare money to throw around I'd buy one boatload just for the hell of it, and to show my support for the game, but not at the moment...

If the game is still around in a couple of years I might just give in lol :P

So for now no joining the dark side for me :twisted:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • rpk333236
    224 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Less than a month. I started between the Christmas and the Valentines events and bought some donuts for Lincoln and the last Gil deal. I have a simple philosophy for games. Once I hit a certain amount of entertainment I want to spend money. Not crazy amounts mind you ($25 so far), but I feel the devs have earned it and I like nice things.
  • xamovo
    296 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I started in August and didn't buy any donuts until this last Gil deal. I had saved up enough to buy Kodos and Brandine through grinding and lots of Halloween donut luck, but I figured using some of my gift cards wouldn't be a bad thing. When I get a little bit more financial stability, I'd like to give myself a 1-scratcher-per-week allowance.
  • wrkingrl509
    77 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Waited until I got to about level 20, then the gymnastics beam was released and I wanted lugash's gym for the rest of gymnast Lisa's tasks. Then I needed the observatory for stargazing...

I hate not being able to access certain tasks because of a missing building or character. I was so excited when swanky fish was released so I could finally use the tasks for it! Asia de Cuba and the pet shop are calling me now. :wink:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited March 2014
    I think i lasted about a week, being a day one player the game was a bit unstable back then, so i only bought 300donuts which back then went A LONG way!! Once the game improved and updates started happening at level20 i bought loads!! I dread to think what i have spent over the course of two years :shock:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • sdarrall313
    280 posts
    edited March 2014
    I started playing at Christmas, and bought the Gill Deal with Dr Nick and KrustyLu, so about 3 months.

I give myself a set amount each month, this month I bought twice, because I went crazy and spend them all before remembering that Patricks was this month. D'Oh
  • sdarrall313
    280 posts
    edited March 2014
    xamovo wrote:
    I started in August and didn't buy any donuts until this last Gil deal. I had saved up enough to buy Kodos and Brandine through grinding and lots of Halloween donut luck, but I figured using some of my gift cards wouldn't be a bad thing. When I get a little bit more financial stability, I'd like to give myself a 1-scratcher-per-week allowance.

With my financial stability (HA!) I buy myself a set amount of doughnuts every month. :D
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited March 2014
    I buy myself a set amount of doughnuts every month. :D

I used to do this too until the log in issue happened now it just to risky
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • WolfyDiesel
    134 posts
    edited March 2014
    The Golden Scratch-Rs were my undoing
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Started playing the tail end of Halloween last year and became premium after Gil sale at Christmas. Never looked back after that 8)! Once my OCD kicked in I had to have everything! EA really wins with us OCD'ers :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Once you break that boatload cherry it is all over :mrgreen: Especially when you are first starting out in the game cause there is just so much to buy you go through a boatload in a matter of a day or two and have to buy another and another and another!! Now a year and a half later a boatload will last for a few weeks providing they don't release too much and keep the rigged wheels out of the game. Christmas wheel cost me a bunch :oops:! Not so much on the Valentine wheel though!!

What the heck!! There is a ton of crap we waste money on. Why not this game? Like I posted somewhere else I used to smoke 2 packs of smokes a day. I simply replaced one habit with another. At least this habit does not hurt my lungs :mrgreen:
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I buy myself a set amount of doughnuts every month. :D

I used to do this too until the log in issue happened now it just to risky

Yea if I do buy a set amount I spend a majority of it in case this happens
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    probably 2 months then got sick of how long it took to save any real money
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    probably 2 months then got sick of how long it took to save any real money

I'm guessing longer than saving donuts
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Probably a few weeks, but I honestly don't remember. My first purchase was a Lard Lad. I don't even want to think about how much money this game has sucked from me.
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited March 2014
    I was tempted early on but I didn't actually buy any donuts until about a year into playing. But there were a lot of crashing issues in the beginning so I didn't want to spend money until I knew the game was completely stable. So it was easy to resist when I could only get into the game every so often anyway.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    Yea I'm trying to avoid buying a boatload until the log in issues are solved
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2014
    January this year i moved to the dark side of TSTO and became a premium player. It was inevitable as i'd got to a point where i really wanted to make my Springfield grow further than i could do as a freemium player. Costing me a few bob right enough, but i'm glad i did make the move, now i know if i have the cash, i can buy the donuts i need for any future items, and/or current premium items :)
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    Smurf1972 wrote:
    I'm afraid I lasted about 5 mins before joining the dark side. No will power... :mrgreen:

shouldnt-have-joined-dark-side-they-lied-about-the-cookies.jpg

ROFL. (You had me laughing at your earlier one, but you've outdone yourself here!)

Thank you lol idk how I'm gonna top this one if only I could find a good donut one

I concur ROFL. :lol: I thought you got my mood perfectly. :mrgreen:
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    Smurf1972 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    Smurf1972 wrote:
    I'm afraid I lasted about 5 mins before joining the dark side. No will power... :mrgreen:

shouldnt-have-joined-dark-side-they-lied-about-the-cookies.jpg

ROFL. (You had me laughing at your earlier one, but you've outdone yourself here!)

Thank you lol idk how I'm gonna top this one if only I could find a good donut one

I concur ROFL. :lol: I thought you got my mood perfectly. :mrgreen:

Yea I'm gonna try to post the one I created again
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    ex0EXT6.jpg

Here we go
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.