EA Forums - Banner

Do you care how your Springfield is laid out?

13Next

Replies

• alexeliz3
    88 posts
    edited March 2014
    It has more to do with aesthetic qualities for me.
  • 4junk3000
    5331 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm right on the verge of starting my complete reconfig now that i have the grid center point, where i will put the Jebediah statue. so i have let some things get a little sloppy around the edges.

but my goal is to have everything in a realistic layout with distinct neighborhoods:
    - squidport and beachfront area
    - old town square like the show's opening sequence
    - rural area
    - mall district
    - power plant
    - sketchy downtown area
    - wealthy homes
    - pressboard estates

i really don't like buildings placed on top of each other and/or crammed in unrealistically. 5 quikie marts right next to each other? lazy. why play a town designing game at all?
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited March 2014
    I find the poll results hard to believe... about half of my friends' Springfields seem senselessly designed...
  • heatherbea444
    232 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I think all 11 people who don't care how their town is laid out are friends of mine, haha. Some of these towns are mighty disorganized :)
  • Canuck4L
    99 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I've seen a lot of really bad Springfields with lots of premium stuff, making me wonder what the point of playing the game and spending real money on it if you're just gonna have clumps of buildings and debris everywhere, but I guess that's just the way they like it. I'm just glad that most of my neighbors have really well laid out Springfields and put a lot of detail into it just too bad that none of them are forum regulars so I can never tell them how good of a job they have done :( Kudos to all my fellow tappers that actually try! :thumbup:
  • delegg629524
    337 posts
    edited March 2014
    Hey, Hey, Hey!!! How do you know if their @&#! is pink?!!
  • litelbitt589
    155 posts
    edited March 2014
    I said Yes.. even tho my Springfield doesn't reflect that :p In my defense.. I am in the process of buying ALL my land.. so I AM pretty discombobulated lmao!!

But I promise!! I will have a cute Springfield before too long (:

Me too. Just got to 38 and almost done with SP and KL. Can't wait to declutter.
  • twaforever
    4 posts
    edited March 2014
    I try my hardest to make my Springfield look pretty so I removed everything on the map cause it was all so cluttered together but now i can only build about half of it, the rest of my buildings are in a corner in a huge mess cause I don't have enough land. The rest looks amazing :) not proud to say half is in an ugly mess or the fact I have a farm of 260 blue houses and growing each day but it's giving me a lot more money. Land is so pricey i need to cause I don't buy donuts so I have zero premium stuff which means I don't make much from the characters I have. I get like around $60000 from my characters a day I think and with my blue houses I make about $80000 a day and then add all my other buildings plus visiting friends into that. so all together in one day I can make about $150000 :) but hey my towns rating is at 4.5 with everything at 5 stars except consumerisim cause the only store I can get is the kwik E mart and I don't want a bunch of those around my town.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Probably most people care how it's laid out, but the definition of 'pretty' is sometimes going to vary widely, I guess. They have it how they like it.

I think my town is nice, but I have usually just placed the new items and decorated around them, I hardly ever do big redesigns; so I feel my Springfield has an organic feel to it. And I like it like that. (It also suits my laziness :mrgreen: )
  • quintings
    46 posts
    edited March 2014
    I'm at the moment buying all the buildings for events and I'm tight on cash because of it so I haven't really bought that much land. My Springfield is pretty tightly packed but I will be redesigning once I get enough money :)
  • EvolWayz
    63 posts
    edited March 2014
    I sure as hell do, but some of my neighbors SF look like an episode of Horders...just no rhyme or reason, just **** everywhere
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited March 2014
    My town is mostly in decent shape right now, but I need to do a pretty major redesign to incorporate some of the new items that came with the Valentine's Day and *. Pat's Day updates, along with pre-existing stuff I've wanted to add for a while. I intend to create a big miniature golf course using some of the special buidings and decorations as 'holes' on the course (got the idea from others here), I need to re-do my shopping / restaurant district so it's laid out better and looks better, and I also want to get the Springfield sign and Escalator to Nowhere, but that will mean re-arranging some stuff. Too busy with work stuff right now, unfortunately. :roll:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!