EA Forums - Banner

UPDATE!

Prev1
are you referring to the one that came out YESTERDAY?

Replies

• anonymous958
    205 posts Member
    edited March 2014

Maybe. I just got it seconds ago.
    You must be special.
  • HappyGamer73
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    It just now forced me to update, but there's no new content evident yet. Doesn't mean much, though, as it could be higher level stuff that I can't get to yet.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited March 2014

Maybe. I just got it seconds ago.
    You must be special.

well, if you consider being able to check the forum before posting and/or not using misleading thread titles special, then yes. I am.
  • ElectroString
    238 posts
    edited March 2014
    it is yesterdays update and i did get it seconds ago as well bring forced to d/l it. weird as i did already get the 5 donuts so must be bug fixes...
  • HappyGamer73
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm pretty sure this is separate from yesterday's donut update, but not sure when it was first available in the app store. I was able to play a couple of hours ago, but ten minutes ago it forced me to update, so I think it's new.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    It was to fix the issue iPhone 4 users were having with IOS 7.1 nothing new

Also doesn't the update description tell you what's new
  • chris6271
    4012 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Only Bug Fixes for iPhone 4 with IOS 7.1. No Update for android. :mrgreen:
  • pattimesseng
    132 posts
    edited March 2014
    It is forcing me to update, but then tells me that safari can't connect to the server. I have tried to update four times! Gah! So I'll surf the web and try for a fifth time.
  • annettemarc
    7715 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Just got a message on my iPad that an update is "needed to continue" (paraphrase) ... And then an unable to connect to Safari because no connection with server. Thought maybe that unable to connect was a wifi/Time Warner issue, but can't be, since I'm on that wifi just fine in my Nexus. Aarrgghh?

On my android Nexus, getting into my towns fine, setting characters, collecting rents just fine but get booted out EVERY time I try going to friends' towns. For past hour.

(Heads over to bugs and issues thread)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • winfiggins
    11 posts
    edited March 2014
    I had a prompt that said something like "Want! Want! Want! You must update to continue." I clicked update, but it took me to my browser with a web page that said cannot connect to server.

This update is definitely different from yesterday's update, because I already updated yesterday. I went into the App Store and there was an update.
  • annettemarc
    7715 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    It is forcing me to update, but then tells me that safari can't connect to the server. I have tried to update four times! Gah! So I'll surf the web and try for a fifth time.

^^^^^ THIS!!!! ^^^^
  • winfiggins
    11 posts
    edited March 2014
    Updating through the App Store allowed me to login. Nothing looks different, though.
  • sacrlc
    15 posts
    edited March 2014
    I got an update yesterday thru the game, today, I have to download today's update from iTunes which means it's a major update. Don't use the link in the program, go directly where you originally downloaded the game - that's where you update really is.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    winfiggins wrote:
    I had a prompt that said something like "Want! Want! Want! You must update to continue." I clicked update, but it took me to my browser with a web page that said cannot connect to server.

This update is definitely different from yesterday's update, because I already updated yesterday. I went into the App Store and there was an update.

It's nothing new cause Android users don't have an update
  • annettemarc
    7715 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    winfiggins wrote:
    Updating through the App Store allowed me to login. Nothing looks different, though.

Thank you! When I can get the iPad away from my son, I'll do that. :)
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Just got a message on my iPad that an update is "needed to continue" (paraphrase) ... And then an unable to connect to Safari because no connection with server. Thought maybe that unable to connect was a wifi/Time Warner issue, but can't be, since I'm on that wifi just fine in my Nexus. Aarrgghh?

On my android Nexus, getting into my towns fine, setting characters, collecting rents just fine but get booted out EVERY time I try going to friends' towns. For past hour.

(Heads over to bugs and issues thread)

can you not go through the App Store directly?

EDIT: Samurai'd.
  • sacrlc
    15 posts
    edited March 2014
    Alas. It did do anything new for me either, however I do have an old iPad. Can't load os greater than version 5.1.1. Guess I need to update my hardware. :?
  • pattimesseng
    132 posts
    edited March 2014
    winfiggins wrote:

Same message here on my ipad. I'm clearly online to be able to post here. Unless EA fixes their fix, I won't be able to play again.
  • pattimesseng
    132 posts
    edited March 2014
    I went to the App Store and was able to download the update.
  • HappyGamer73
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Had the same issue on my iPod - must update through the app store then you can play normally.

And No, the update description that I can see just talks about the SAINT Patrick's Day update, which is clearly different.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!