EA Forums - Banner

Gimme, gimme, gimme...

Prev134

Replies

• maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    It's no wonder that EA pays little to no attention to this forum. There's little agreement about what's wanted. Back when level updates were coming out about every two weeks it was "the last update sucked, EA should take the time to make better updates!" now it's "I demand a new level, what happened to getting a new level every two weeks!?"
    "We need more characters!"/"Those new characters suck!"
    "We need more animals for our towns!"/"I'm sick of getting animals, I want something better!"
    "Five doughnuts is a crappy prize they should give something better!"/"It's not fair that they gave a 30 doughnut item as a prize, they screwed everyone that bought it!"
    And then there are the complaints about episode tie-ins. Really!? Are you really surprised that a game based completely on a TV SHOW has episode tie-ins?
    And sometimes it's even the same person making both complaints. Nobody could make a game that fit all of these demands. Some people need to relax and try to understand that the game was not made to cater to your demands, there are other players too. Try to get over your unwarranted sense of entitlement and just enjoy the updates when they come out. And if that's not possible then you could always stop playing. Neither EA nor Fox can force you to continue playing. The game is fun and entertaining but I'm pretty sure your life isn't disrupted if EA is late with an update. If so then what did you do before this game existed? I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't complain, but stop acting like EA owes you so much. It's a free game, and if you buy doughnuts then you've already got your money's worth in doughnuts. If you don't like the prices of premium items then don't buy them. It just seems like everything on the forum lately is one complaint after another. Some of us actually enjoy this game and would like to discuss it without whining about everything that comes out.
    Okay, rant over.
    +1 :thumbup:
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited March 2014
    It's no wonder that EA pays little to no attention to this forum. There's little agreement about what's wanted. Back when level updates were coming out about every two weeks it was "the last update sucked, EA should take the time to make better updates!" now it's "I demand a new level, what happened to getting a new level every two weeks!?"
    "We need more animals for our towns!"/"I'm sick of getting animals, I want something better!"
    "Five doughnuts is a crappy prize they should give something better!"/"It's not fair that they gave a 30 doughnut item as a prize, they screwed everyone that bought it!"
    And then there are the complaints about episode tie-ins. Really!? Are you really surprised that a game based completely on a TV SHOW has episode tie-ins?
    And sometimes it's even the same person making both complaints. Nobody could make a game that fit all of these demands. Some people need to relax and try to understand that the game was not made to cater to your demands, there are other players too. Try to get over your unwarranted sense of entitlement and just enjoy the updates when they come out. And if that's not possible then you could always stop playing. Neither EA nor Fox can force you to continue playing. The game is fun and entertaining but I'm pretty sure your life isn't disrupted if EA is late with an update. If so then what did you do before this game existed? I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't complain, but stop acting like EA owes you so much. It's a free game, and if you buy doughnuts then you've already got your money's worth in doughnuts. If you don't like the prices of premium items then don't buy them. It just seems like everything on the forum lately is one complaint after another. Some of us actually enjoy this game and would like to discuss it without whining about everything that comes out.
    Okay, rant over.

Phil-Thumbs-Up.gif
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    Just for a perspective, in 2 days (3/21/14) - we had 1 level update this year. At this point LAST year (3/21/13), we had THREE level updates. Here's the notes I found:

2013:

1/11/13 - Level 25 - Smithers
    2/14/13 - Level 26 - Ralph
    3/21/13 - Level 27 - Lenny & Carl

Other updates:
    1/30/13 - Valentine's Day update began
    2/28/13 - Episode Tie-in: Gorgeous Grandpa edition
    3/7/13 - Saint Patrick's Day update began
    3/14/13 - Episode Tie-in: Fruit Batman edition

2014:

1/8/14 - Episode Tie-In: Married to the Blob
    1/16/14 - Level 38: Judge Snyder
    1/29/14 - Super Bowl update
    2/5/14 - Valentine's Day began
    2/25/14 - Friend points update
    3/5/14 - Episode Tie-In: Diggs
    3/12/14 - Saint Patrick's Day began
    3/19/14 - Episode Tie-in: War of Art

So while in 2014 we've had 1 addition update than 2013, it seems that they've been smaller for content and quest lines in general. I think there's also a preference of "Levels" to episode tie-ins.

Updated: fixed name and date of first 2014 entry.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Yup. That's why I keep saying the next level will only come when the complaints about content stop.
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Hear, hear.

What the complainers need to understand is for every thread they post banging on about the same complaints, some update thread or, really, just an interesting thread gets bumped down. I only come on here now to see if an update's been added and it's ridiculous to have to skip to the 2nd page because the 1st is a load of whining.

Edit. Just been reading the guinea pig update thread and there's some people on there acting like they might asphyxiate if they don't finish the quests before sundown. Chill. Out. Is it any wonder you wig out when there's gaps in updates when you're finishing each update in a matter of minutes.

• phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I quite like the episode tie-ins, they are new ideas to bring into the game from the show. I am one of the people that hope ea has something huge planned for the next event or level update.
  • M4rkEv4ns
    188 posts
    edited March 2014
    :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • RMVancleav710
    3539 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I love episode tie ins!!! we don't have tv so getting an episode tie in is our way of keeping up to date on Simpsons!!
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • nubbin71
    236 posts
    edited March 2014
    While I agree with you on every point, I find the posts complaining about folks who complain (justified or not) almost as pointless as most of the complaining posts. (try and say that five times real fast! XD)

The folks your comments are directed at are either just out to make trouble in the first place, in which case they have achieved success to the point of irking you enough to make this post, which in turn will only encourage them to complain more to get more reactions......or.....whether it is actually the case or not, they genuinely feel they have a legitimate reason to complain, in which case they should be free to express their concern/disappointment/displeasure/disagreement/etc, just as I would hope everyone else would be free to do so, including you.

The forum is here for us to discuss all aspects of the game, good and bad.

I strongly suggest that if the bad seems too overbearing to well......bear, then perhaps avoiding those topics that allude to the fact that they are complaint threads would help (i.e. Moar Land Plox!). This is what I do most of the time, with much success and it is totally responsible for my (usually) good humor in this place, even in the midst of all the negativity.
  • ericborovay
    104 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Just for a perspective, in 2 days (3/21/14) - we had 1 level update this year. At this point LAST year (3/21/13), we had THREE level updates. Here's the notes I found:

2013:

Other updates:

2014:

No date listed: Episode Tie-In: Kumiko
    3/5/14 - Episode Tie-In: 'Diggs'

So while in 2014 we've had 1 addition update than 2013, it seems that they've been smaller for content and quest lines in general. I think there's also a preference of "Levels" to episode tie-ins.

I get that, and I too prefer level updates over tie-ins. But they will release a new level update when the decide to, and no amount of complaining will change that. As kingmob pointed out each time someone post a complaint thread, an interesting discussion thread gets bumped down. And each complaint is pretty much the same.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:

2013:

Other updates:

2014:

No date listed: Episode Tie-In: Kumiko
    3/5/14 - Episode Tie-In: 'Diggs'

I get that, and I too prefer level updates over tie-ins. But they will release a new level update when the decide to, and no amount of complaining will change that. As kingmob pointed out each time someone post a complaint thread, an interesting discussion thread gets bumped down. And each complaint is pretty much the same.

Yeah, that's what happens when a forum is popular. Plus everyone wants a claim to fame like Josh. So not only is there a large amount of users, but obviously a large amount of unhappy users at that. Yeah I'm upset there hasn't been level 39, but I know better than to create a new thread. I think people want to create their own post, rather than add to an existing complaint thread or even better - use the search function. That's what is hardest to teach unfamiliar users is to use of "search". Perhaps they think they need their voice heard and the best way to do that is just create their own topic? But yeah, it does stink that good discussions let alone the contest thread can get buried quickly.
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    This place could do with some serious moderation. There's no need for the amount of duplicate threads that get posted. The self-congratulatory, 'Ohmigod I got 30 donuts' are the worst.
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited March 2014
    I quite like the episode tie-ins, they are new ideas to bring into the game from the show. I am one of the people that hope ea has something huge planned for the next event or level update.

Fingers crossed
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Wow, complaing about complaing....brilliant
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Okay, rant over.

Oh by the way, talk about being full of it, you could have just responded to my thread but then you wouldn't have gotten all the attention.
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited March 2014
    That's what we thought after the Valentines update.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    That's what we thought after the Valentines update.
    I guessed our next would be Saint Patrick's day, we might get level 39 after, hopefully anyway.
  • ericborovay
    104 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh by the way, talk about being full of it, you could have just responded to my thread but then you wouldn't have gotten all the attention.

First, It wasn't aimed at you in particular, so why post it in your thread? Secondly I haven't even seen your thread, it was about the forum in general and it's recent turn. And I don't need or want any attention, I rarely post anything. I've just been a little more active lately, and I kind of miss the tone of the forum from before.

phoebexlois I'm thinking Whacking Day will start next, then during that we'll get level 39.
  • Roseben031
    97 posts
    edited March 2014
    I share your frustration. The only way I can think to fix it is to try to start positive threads, to try to contribute to positive threads when some one else starts them, and to try not to reply to the negative ones unless I think I have something useful to say. You know that whole, "Be the change you want to see in the world" thing, and all that. :D
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    What we need is a COMPLAINT SUBFORUM.

It'll be like a big trash can. The mods can throw all of the complaint threads there. If someone wants to dig through the trash, let them.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.