EA Forums - Banner

I don't care if you think I complain too much...

Replies

  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    Can I add some newbie perspective or is this not allowed between the ego strokings and Josh bashings?

    I started playing heavily just before Valentines Day. The last few updates have been huge for me as a player: two free buildings, one dirt cheap building with a character and quest line. One money generating animal. Two vanity improving decorations...and to top it off we got decent money from the daily friends visits. Thanks to the new content I have advanced 14 levels.

    Now I ask the naysayers: how is that bad? It's a new system, but it has helped many players advance in the game. It has provided free buildings. It has improved the game for people who were struggling, lagging, or new. Why should the game not help out those people instead of only catering to the players who are maxed out on levels, land, buildings and decorations?

    I just wanted to point out that we got more than two vanity items pretty much all of the free decorations were towards vanity which is one of the ratings you don't need towards since we more decorations for that and tree hugging then any other rating

    You don't need. There are thousands of other players who needed them. The game isn't entirely about the Level 38, maxed out land, every quest complete players- it's about everyone.
    You do know some of us including me have been playing for 2 years now, most people should be at or close to level 38 and bored.

    Then keep the freaking things in storage or sell them, because heaven forbid a game try to improve so NEW players actually have some fun and make it through easier.

    So sorry the game doesn't revolve around YOU. The hell with the thousands of others, the game doesn't meet YOUR specific needs then the stuff added MUST be useless, unneeded, worthless. Nope, can't continue to grow the fanbase you must cater to the "elites".
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    Then keep the freaking things in storage or sell them, because heaven forbid a game try to improve so NEW players actually have some fun and make it through easier.

    So sorry the game doesn't revolve around YOU. The hell with the thousands of others, the game doesn't meet YOUR specific needs then the stuff added MUST be useless, unneeded, worthless. Nope, can't continue to grow the fanbase you must cater to the "elites".

    I wouldn't say they were useless, but everyone (including new players) would benefit more from additional consumerism items.
  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    I agree with Josh 90% just because we actually got a building free for this tie in but everything else he is right about especially because the items they gave us like had 5 mins of screen time and had basically nothing to do with the episode itself
    You mean like most of the stuff we get that was in for 5 min or less and had nothing to do with the episode. That's like 75% of each episode, all background noise. What does it take to please you 15-24 min then you can add it to the game and only if it was important.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited March 2014
    ok EA here is a challenge for now on use weeeeeeeeeeeeee as much as possible
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I attempted to merge a similar thread in to this one, and it wasn't successful. My apologies.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    Then close the useless thread or ban the ****. Problem solved.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited March 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    Can I add some newbie perspective or is this not allowed between the ego strokings and Josh bashings?

    I started playing heavily just before Valentines Day. The last few updates have been huge for me as a player: two free buildings, one dirt cheap building with a character and quest line. One money generating animal. Two vanity improving decorations...and to top it off we got decent money from the daily friends visits. Thanks to the new content I have advanced 14 levels.

    Now I ask the naysayers: how is that bad? It's a new system, but it has helped many players advance in the game. It has provided free buildings. It has improved the game for people who were struggling, lagging, or new. Why should the game not help out those people instead of only catering to the players who are maxed out on levels, land, buildings and decorations?


    Your being new lets you play and level up. We all were where you are now. You still can enjoy the game because you are new. I've been a day one player & on level 38 forever. At some point you make too much money. Those of us at 38 just want to enjoy the game and actually involved with it. Not just crummy little side liners. The sad thing is newbie...you too will be put in this position if they don't step up their game.
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited March 2014
    Was Josh's other thread deleted or something?
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Was Josh's other thread deleted or something?

    There was a merging accident, only one survivor. :lol:
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited March 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:
    Was Josh's other thread deleted or something?

    There was a merging accident, only one survivor. :lol:
    Oh :lol:
  • soprano_1980
    155 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:
    Was Josh's other thread deleted or something?

    There was a merging accident, only one survivor. :lol:

    What... A shame......

    Don't suppose you can "merge" all the complaint threads
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Whether you love to hate them or just love them in general, I think everyone loves Josh's posts or they wouldn't be so popular lol!
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    Can I add some newbie perspective or is this not allowed between the ego strokings and Josh bashings?

    I started playing heavily just before Valentines Day. The last few updates have been huge for me as a player: two free buildings, one dirt cheap building with a character and quest line. One money generating animal. Two vanity improving decorations...and to top it off we got decent money from the daily friends visits. Thanks to the new content I have advanced 14 levels.

    Now I ask the naysayers: how is that bad? It's a new system, but it has helped many players advance in the game. It has provided free buildings. It has improved the game for people who were struggling, lagging, or new. Why should the game not help out those people instead of only catering to the players who are maxed out on levels, land, buildings and decorations?


    Your being new lets you play and level up. We all were where you are now. You still can enjoy the game because you are new. I've been a day one player & on level 38 forever. At some point you make too much money. Those of us at 38 just want to enjoy the game and actually involved with it. Not just crummy little side liners. The sad thing is newbie...you too will be put in this position if they don't step up their game.

    I fully understand your perspective and I agree with it, but what I do not agree with is the rage against anything new that isn't a new level, land expansion, favorite characters. You can't ignore the vast majority to keep the small minority happy, you have to please both and what they have done recently IMHO is do that despite it being in favor of the newbies.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    maxeerg wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    Then keep the freaking things in storage or sell them, because heaven forbid a game try to improve so NEW players actually have some fun and make it through easier.

    So sorry the game doesn't revolve around YOU. The hell with the thousands of others, the game doesn't meet YOUR specific needs then the stuff added MUST be useless, unneeded, worthless. Nope, can't continue to grow the fanbase you must cater to the "elites".

    I wouldn't say they were useless, but everyone (including new players) would benefit more from additional consumerism items.

    Exactly thank you for understanding what i was saying because no where did i say they were useless alls i said was that we don't need so many vanity items towards the conform o meter when we could use more of a variety so we all have more options to improve our ratings in needed
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    maxeerg wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    Then keep the freaking things in storage or sell them, because heaven forbid a game try to improve so NEW players actually have some fun and make it through easier.

    So sorry the game doesn't revolve around YOU. The hell with the thousands of others, the game doesn't meet YOUR specific needs then the stuff added MUST be useless, unneeded, worthless. Nope, can't continue to grow the fanbase you must cater to the "elites".

    I wouldn't say they were useless, but everyone (including new players) would benefit more from additional consumerism items.

    Exactly thank you for understanding what i was saying because no where did i say they were useless alls i said was that we don't need so many vanity items towards the conform o meter when we could use more of a variety so we all have more options to improve our ratings in needed

    My apologies for being harsh on the criticism that makes sense now that it is explained.
    So food stalls? food carts as an alternative?
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    maxeerg wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    Then keep the freaking things in storage or sell them, because heaven forbid a game try to improve so NEW players actually have some fun and make it through easier.

    So sorry the game doesn't revolve around YOU. The hell with the thousands of others, the game doesn't meet YOUR specific needs then the stuff added MUST be useless, unneeded, worthless. Nope, can't continue to grow the fanbase you must cater to the "elites".

    I wouldn't say they were useless, but everyone (including new players) would benefit more from additional consumerism items.

    Exactly thank you for understanding what i was saying because no where did i say they were useless alls i said was that we don't need so many vanity items towards the conform o meter when we could use more of a variety so we all have more options to improve our ratings in needed

    My apologies for being harsh on the criticism that makes sense now that it is explained.
    So food stalls? food carts as an alternative?

    Shopping carts or Billboards that could raise consumerism because that's annoying to 5 star
    But yea more food stands/carts could cut down on the restaurants
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    I attempted to merge a similar thread in to this one, and it wasn't successful. My apologies.

    So in an attempt to merge two completely dissimilar topics (one is about how terrible last week's update was and the other was about a lack of updates and a lack of effort), you deleted an entire topic? Good job making an already dying/terrible forum even more dead/terrible.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:
    I attempted to merge a similar thread in to this one, and it wasn't successful. My apologies.

    So in an attempt to merge two completely dissimilar topics (one is about how terrible last week's update was and the other was about a lack of updates and a lack of effort), you deleted an entire topic? Good job making an already dying/terrible forum even more dead/terrible.

    Classic Bravewell.
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:
    I attempted to merge a similar thread in to this one, and it wasn't successful. My apologies.

    So in an attempt to merge two completely dissimilar topics (one is about how terrible last week's update was and the other was about a lack of updates and a lack of effort), you deleted an entire topic? Good job making an already dying/terrible forum even more dead/terrible.

    Classic Bravewell.

    Indeed.
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:
    I attempted to merge a similar thread in to this one, and it wasn't successful. My apologies.

    So in an attempt to merge two completely dissimilar topics (one is about how terrible last week's update was and the other was about a lack of updates and a lack of effort), you deleted an entire topic? Good job making an already dying/terrible forum even more dead/terrible.

    Classic Bravewell.

    Indeed.

    Indeedaly-Doo.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.