EA Forums - Banner

Sideshow Bob ****

Sideshow bob should have been a usable character

Replies

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    The rating plummets daily, it goes back up eventually.

I have been seeing him more often in friends' towns than in my own, I hate when he shows up but it's free money for doing a simple task. It could be worse you could lose him and have to earn your way back up over several days but it's not like it's a big deal- annoying, but not that big of a deal.
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited March 2014
    Buy some training walls
  • jmart0031914
    281 posts
    edited March 2014
    for me if you leave the message that he is in your town up a few seconds it tracks him down for you den exit message, for your tapping!
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited March 2014
    I want to get Bob just so i can send him on a month long task of walking on rakes...
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    Buy some training walls

Yea the police station, the penitentiary, training walls, and swat van are the only items you can buy with in game cash that will help your righteousness rating.
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    Buy some training walls

Yea the police station, the penitentiary, training walls, and swat van are the only items you can buy with in game cash that will help your righteousness rating.
    You can hide them behind buildings as well :wink:
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    He lost me donuts once, when we I entered my town to be the mystery box, won donuts from the box, and just at the movement it said to collect my donuts he popped up with the stupid notice to catch him and I could see the donuts in the background but couldn't collect them and couldn't get to sideshow Bob because the screen was frozen. Also, I can't count the times I've been dragged to the edge of a neighbor town and hit a building instead of being at their graffiti buildings and it cost me a tap.

I saw him THIRTY FOUR times in my main town yesterday. And it's no surprise. :(
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • 4junk3000
    5626 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Sideshow Bob is one of my fav characters on the show. His role in this game however is nothing less than irritating. At least the past week Bob has appeared in my town EVERY time I open the app. This is not exaggeration. He pops up at about every other friend town that I visit. He quite simply will not leave. On top of that the rightousness meter goes haywire and even after he's caught and graffiti is removed my rating will often plummet to one star. My question for this forum is, is anyone else having a similar problem? My statement is that I believe bob, his mechanics and the rating that they effect are broken and need to be removed from the game. (God willing he would then be repurposed in the game as a standard or premium character).

It seemed to me that they recently increased his frequency of appearing.

It also seemed to me that it was in response to comments on this forum that we didn't see him enough.

So basically, much like trying to set a thermostat in an office to make everyone comfortable (which is IMPOSSIBLE), if it's not enough people complain and if it's too much people complain.

I'm pretty sure he's intended to be an irritant so people will chase him. If you don't like him, buy six training walls and ignore him like many others do.

I personally think it's funny watching him run around. He sticks his leg out sometimes... Id actually like more random animations for him
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I have never seen Bob stick out his leg. Pics or it didn't happen!
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    It saddens me that such an iconic figure in the Simpsons lore has been relegated to village pest.
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    atiq_ruhel wrote:
    I want to get Bob just so i can send him on a month long task of walking on rakes...

Seconded, thirded and fourthed!
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    He's one character that can't be a premium simply because everyone had access to him from day one. It was in a different way of course, but if he becomes a premium that'll be the biggest F U to us EA can make.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • 4junk3000
    5626 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    It saddens me that such an iconic figure in the Simpsons lore has been relegated to village pest.

But isn't that classic sideshow Bob??

The epitome of potential, wasted! I love it!

HOWEVER, TO LEAVE OUT THE RAKE GAG AND HIS GRUMBLE IS JUST PLAIN NEGLIGENCE ON EA'S PART. It should definitely be added somehow.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • jlenko
    69 posts
    edited March 2014
    If you go to Other Springfield, and quickly scroll over to the Squidport... he's ALWAYS there.

Even if you tap him, and go back in. Every time.. he's back.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.