EA Forums - Banner

... I expect an update today (Thursday March 27)

Replies

• drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    mattw6624 wrote:
    Could an update be happening right now? My game won't let me request any friends (I have 0) and the ones I had on request all disappeared.

spAnser would of said so on his site or it'd be posted try restarting your device see if it downloads something

You could just have a glitch
  • Snakeyees
    2344 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Family guy is a huge time sync im playing the beta now. and everything is left to chance you need xx item for something say to unlock the next character you will have to send a character on a task then they go for 4,8,12,16,24 hrs and you only have a 20% chance to get said item. then if you don't get the item you send the character again and again and again they nickel and dime you to death. Hell in the beta they want me to spend real money which is absurd
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mcduck90 wrote:
    Although annettemarc has a point still we are not talking about towels here. The quality is declining from our point of view now but what would happen if the majority was idle will the Family Gay game came out? The substitute is almost perfect and if you have seen EA raised the prices quite a bit the past few months but now if the new game offers cheaper in-game currency then a shift is to be expected.

I’m sure that when the FG game comes out many will be tempted to give it a go but if whacking day comes or any other event as tedious and yet exciting comes along then the losses will be considerably smaller.

PS Lets not forget that EA for years had a monopoly on stimulation games like the Sims so they know what they are doing... I hope...

:shock:
  • Renamed8736
    231 posts
    edited March 2014
    To be honest, why would E.A really care about losing customers?
    They are a monetary power house...they don't give a shyte. It's a corporation.
    They know you'll be back at some point...this is one many many many entertainment franchises they own.
    25mill earned last year on TSTO means nothing to them...and we all know it. We all know who E.A is.
    They are far to concerned about getting licences and rights to record companies for musical appearances in their next sports sim....I got my hands on the FG beta and can't put it down...haven't even logged into my Springfield in 3 days...don't really care anymore....same old garbage day after day....how many friggin times do I have to make Cletus whittle or Marge protest something?
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I think, EA will not give us an update this week. :evil:
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited March 2014

:shock:

And that's the only reason to hate my ipad... Still it has quite the imagination sometimes... :roll:
  • ElectroString
    238 posts
    edited March 2014
    the longer this takes the more nonsense threads we will get... i bet everyone got annoyed by that wackingday thread. if EA don't come out with something in the next 9 days i will delete the app.
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    So we have passed nearly all the times EA rolls out an update only one left :)

9.30pm GMT
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    When Level 39 does come there's going to be threads asking about Level 40 that same day
  • wyendn
    310 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    There can be an update at any time today even had them at night. Usually it's in the morning for me.
  • jsidd3
    37 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    rolybert7 wrote:
    This is my speculation. Very soon a competing game is coming out that is getting allot of buzz in the off topic section.

IMO EA is holding back any major content to coincide with the Family Guy game major release. That would keep the TSTO players occupied for a while until the buzz dies down a bit.

For the most part the average human only plays one game at a time. Unless of course you are doctor octo :shock: :mrgreen: The rumors of several levels and perhaps even whacking day 2014 happening at the same time may be true.

That makes sense for EA business.

until than I would expect small updates and tie in's.

Than again I hope I am wrong :-) 8)

Then the big update would have to happen before the release of the competing game then to keep TSTO players hooked. I play a couple of different games like this one, logging in 1-2 times a day for each game is no big deal. Though who is making the family guy game? I'm guessing its not EA.
  • cripnite
    382 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I set all my characters on a 12 hour task just so the update will appear. It usually works that way. You're welcome.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited March 2014
    cripnite wrote:
    I set all my characters on a 12 hour task just so the update will appear. It usually works that way. You're welcome.

Please change that to 24 hour tasks... Just to be sure.
  • kazzay17
    16 posts
    edited March 2014
    Tinyco are making the FG game, EA (if they care) wont release a big event too early if they want to compete, there are players that will complete big events in a week with donuts and then complain there isn't anything to do, my if rumours are to be believed its a month until FG game comes out, i'd imagine EA would do a big event maybe a week before, but honestly who can second guess EA haha
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited March 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Family guy is a huge time sync im playing the beta now. and everything is left to chance you need xx item for something say to unlock the next character you will have to send a character on a task then they go for 4,8,12,16,24 hrs and you only have a 20% chance to get said item. then if you don't get the item you send the character again and again and again they nickel and dime you to death. Hell in the beta they want me to spend real money which is absurd
    Yeah I hate that element of chance, especially since the rare things are linked to tasks that take severals hours to complete. In my opinion the beta version of FG is no threat to TSTO.

That said, I am still playing catch-up in TSTO. So much still to build and never enough money ;-)
  • jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    When Level 39 does come there's going to be threads asking about Level 40 that same day

It might just be the optimist in me, but I feel that when we finally do get a level update it's gonna be a multi-level update. Like maybe level 39-43 or something like that.

Certainly would make all this waiting seem worth it to me.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh, what the [insert bad word here.] ... I'll go send all 79 of my [insert sacrilegious phrase here] characters on [insert very very bad word here] 24-hour tasks. This is bull [insert bad word, but not as bad as that previous one].
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • cool2006
    789 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    its 1830 here in uk usully if we getting 1 we get it round 1815 really hope we get 1
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:

That sounds like the stuff that was in the TSTO files last year. There were "prizes" for a number of buildings, like the Simpsons House, Duff Brewery, etc. And from what it sounded like you had to send the characters to the building for tasks, and based on that you could "win" a prize. It was a mystery box type of thing to get certain prizes.

Edit: FOUND IT! See below:
    - There's going to be some sort of memorabilia items that relate to different buildings where there's a small chance to get a memorabilia item when constructing a building and it seems the memorabilia can be bought for doughnuts. Though all the memorabilia file is commented out so it's likely to be finished in some future update. Some of the memorabilia I've seen was KrustyDoll, BoatPicture, SlingShot, LisasSax and NedsLawnMower for the Simpsons house; BibleCard, ReligiousBoardGame, LastSupper, FlandersBible, MaudePicture for the Flanders house; BuzzCola, Squishee, PlayDude, OldHotDog and LaramieCigarettes for the Kwik-E-Mart and many more items from other buildings.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Just storm the EA HQ and launch the update ourselves
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.