EA Forums - Banner

New update: What a joke.

Replies

  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    Why is sanjays house so big???? And o expensive

    I found out the episode where the house is from. 22 short films about Springfield. The first story is Apu playing hooky from work to go party at Sanjays house for five minutes. Its the one here he comes back and Moleman was locked in demanding 5 minutes of his life back.

    Sanjay is ballin! He has a pool and cabana in the back.
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    See, people will never, ever be happy. EA should hold off the next update/event for 3 months just to see the reaction. Ungrateful SOBs.

    Edit. And oh, look, the actual update thread is not even on the 1st page. What a surprise.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    ^ Watch it, with the incitement.
  • alexeliz3
    88 posts
    edited March 2014
    Bettyumu wrote:
    We have been waiting for level 39 for so long I expected there to be some decent content.
    How wrong was I?

    We get:
    A 2-bit character that nobody really remembers.
    A Statue.
    E.A.R.L (I don't think anyone has ever asked for this)
    Some crap for KL.

    Yes free stuff is nice but EA are playing a dangerous game.

    Lots of people have expressed an interest in Manjula so they have put it out as a premium item, not right IMO.
    It should have been the other way around, give Manjula for free and charge 160 dounuts for Sanjay (if people will pay 300 for a whale, they will pay for some forgotten character).

    I feel a little bit let down as I have spent a lot of time and money on this game and I just feel that the powers that be are laughing at us. I haven't been as active these past couple of weeks because there has been nothing much to do, I can see myself withdrawing more in the future too. From what I have read I won't be the only player to do so.

    If you went for a meal and the waiter gave you a plate of dog crap, you wouldn't accept it, would you? So why are so many of you just rolling over and accepting the **** that you are being given by EA? It doesn't make sense.

    1. How could you not remember who Sanjay was?
    2. With so many requests for Manjula, why wouldn't they have made her premium? This is a business. It's called supply and demand. EA saw a way to make some money and went with it. And it's not too bad of a price either.
    3. The " statue" you speak of is of the Hindu religion. Are you basically saying that you don't want something of another religion in your town?
    4. EARL... why would it make a difference if people asked for it or not? (Even though people did).
    5. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people threaten to leave. If you don't like the content of the game, no one is holding you down and forcing you to keep playing. No one is forcing you to buy all the premium content. Everything you decide to do is all on you and you can't blame EA for that. They simply provide a free game for you to enjoy. Don't like it? Don't play. Easy.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited March 2014
    Can we Lay off Betty, by all means disagree and put your side across, but don't be completely rude about. We can all have likes and dislike,
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    Don't try to be Josh. Enough of this whining. Stop playing then.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    anyone who doesnt like this update is racist against Indians :O
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I was expecting at least 1 new decoration but everything else is fine IMO! :-D
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    anyone who doesnt like this update is racist against Indians :O


    F13BGiw.jpg
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    chrisgyo wrote:
    anyone who doesnt like this update is racist against Indians :O


    F13BGiw.jpg

    :thumbup: And not in a good way either!
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Bettyumu wrote:
    We have been waiting for level 39 for so long I expected there to be some decent content.
    How wrong was I?

    We get:
    A 2-bit character that nobody really remembers.
    A Statue.
    E.A.R.L (I don't think anyone has ever asked for this)
    Some crap for KL.

    Yes free stuff is nice but EA are playing a dangerous game.

    Lots of people have expressed an interest in Manjula so they have put it out as a premium item, not right IMO.
    It should have been the other way around, give Manjula for free and charge 160 dounuts for Sanjay (if people will pay 300 for a whale, they will pay for some forgotten character).

    I feel a little bit let down as I have spent a lot of time and money on this game and I just feel that the powers that be are laughing at us. I haven't been as active these past couple of weeks because there has been nothing much to do, I can see myself withdrawing more in the future too. From what I have read I won't be the only player to do so.

    If you went for a meal and the waiter gave you a plate of dog crap, you wouldn't accept it, would you? So why are so many of you just rolling over and accepting the **** that you are being given by EA? It doesn't make sense.

    well that's the way with games. You find a new game, get all excited and play non stop, spend a lot of money on it (or not), get to the top level then get bored with it. EA owes you nothing and you owe EA nothing. If you are that bored then go find another game to play. EA won't care they have plenty of new players to fill their coffers. No good being peeved because you spent a lot of money. Your choice.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • Jehsiickuh
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    My main gripe is that there wasn't any new decorations for Springfield for cash. The Manjula/Sanjay thing is a disappointing for freemiem players, as well, I imagine.

    I'm happy to have an update but I can definitely agree with this... although the last time I expressed disappointment in lack of decorations I got lumped in with the other constant complainers and informed that I don't deserve new content so.. heh.. >_<

    but yea. Lighthouse looks awesome. excited to get it.

  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    anyone who doesnt like this update is racist against Indians :O

    You mean "Native Americans"
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Jehsiickuh wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    My main gripe is that there wasn't any new decorations for Springfield for cash. The Manjula/Sanjay thing is a disappointing for freemiem players, as well, I imagine.

    I'm happy to have an update but I can definitely agree with this... although the last time I expressed disappointment in lack of decorations I got lumped in with the other constant complainers and informed that I don't deserve new content so.. heh.. >_<

    but yea. Lighthouse looks awesome. excited to get it.


    It doesn't have to be about one extreme or the other. I'm sure there's a creamy middle here we can all enjoy. :)
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited March 2014
    AARONRTD wrote:
    chrisgyo wrote:
    anyone who doesnt like this update is racist against Indians :O

    You mean "Native Americans"

    You are being racist by lumping East Indians with native Indians!! (Jk :wink: )
  • hyphen_ena
    34 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    "Yes free stuff is nice but EA are playing a dangerous game."

    LOL
  • Jehsiickuh
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    Jehsiickuh wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    My main gripe is that there wasn't any new decorations for Springfield for cash. The Manjula/Sanjay thing is a disappointing for freemiem players, as well, I imagine.

    I'm happy to have an update but I can definitely agree with this... although the last time I expressed disappointment in lack of decorations I got lumped in with the other constant complainers and informed that I don't deserve new content so.. heh.. >_<

    but yea. Lighthouse looks awesome. excited to get it.


    It doesn't have to be about one extreme or the other. I'm sure there's a creamy middle here we can all enjoy. :)

    Yeah definitely
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    I used to get riled up like this over the game, but I've learned now to just leave it and come back later when not so peeved. But since updates are taking longer to come through than the used to I now just play it at my own pace and what ever happens happens. I woke up today and was quite surprised to see level 39 but I was so excited, I even woke my Missus up and we couldn't log on quick enough. I've learned from grinding updates like WD and Halloween to just take it easy now and play at my own pace, ea helped with this friends points system, what a nice,smooth and comfortable update that was. Unlimited time to receive wicked free content and that IMO is how it should be done if your loosing intrest for the game. Since I've relaxed and started playing it like iam now, it has brought back enjoyment in this game and now after waiting so long for this update, iam greatful for any free character and building that becomes available, at the end of the day, it is free and only your decision to spend money, so whats there to complain about?

    Well spoken and good advice! I'm sure people have already used donuts to rush through everything and are now complete with level 39. These are the people that get bored the quickest because now there's nothing else to accomplish. I would get bored as well if i completed every task in an hour as opposed taking it easy and letting the game evolve by itself.
    So sit back, relax, grab a Guiness (if you are of legal age and according to local laws) and start tapping away my friend. And remember: Less stress=longer life! Doctor Mox over and out.

    By the way,
    I would like to see more decorations/trees/shrubberies/fences...that sort of thing. Nothing wrong with a little more variety.
  • edited March 2014
    When i saw the Title of the Thread i thought it was a Josh-Thread :D

    I am happy with this Update. Its has something for everybody.

    KL-Decorations - i love the black look of the Tacovan
    The Lighthouse - a building you can place on water (!!!)
    Manjula - The Price is OK IMO and there is no "limited-time" pressure for a change
    Sanjay - Building and Character for FREE, if you dont like it, dont build it :)

    I hoped for some Content for the Expansions and i am happy to see that KL and SQP
    are not totally forgotten at EA

    + i read on a TSTO Blog that the Questline for Sanjay will keep you busy for at least 200 Hours!

  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    moxxee wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    I used to get riled up like this over the game, but I've learned now to just leave it and come back later when not so peeved. But since updates are taking longer to come through than the used to I now just play it at my own pace and what ever happens happens. I woke up today and was quite surprised to see level 39 but I was so excited, I even woke my Missus up and we couldn't log on quick enough. I've learned from grinding updates like WD and Halloween to just take it easy now and play at my own pace, ea helped with this friends points system, what a nice,smooth and comfortable update that was. Unlimited time to receive wicked free content and that IMO is how it should be done if your loosing intrest for the game. Since I've relaxed and started playing it like iam now, it has brought back enjoyment in this game and now after waiting so long for this update, iam greatful for any free character and building that becomes available, at the end of the day, it is free and only your decision to spend money, so whats there to complain about?

    Well spoken and good advice! I'm sure people have already used donuts to rush through everything and are now complete with level 39. These are the people that get bored the quickest because now there's nothing else to accomplish. I would get bored as well if i completed every task in an hour as opposed taking it easy and letting the game evolve by itself.
    So sit back, relax, grab a Guiness (if you are of legal age and according to local laws) and start tapping away my friend. And remember: Less stress=longer life! Doctor Mox over and out.

    By the way,
    I would like to see decorations/trees/shrubberies/fences...that sort of thing. Nothing wrong with a little more variety.
    What emmcee1 said was fantastic and true, the only things I have rushed was accidental or I think there might have been once or twice when I did on purpose. Playing it at your own pace is much better and more fun! The questline with Sanjay is supposed to take at least 8 days, not an hour. The one thing that annoys me is when people rush everything, then complain about the whole update when they haven't been able to actually give it a chance. It is pathetic that they feel inclined to do so and to buy every item ever available for donuts, then moan about the prices of stuff. Yeah, some stuff is over priced in my opinion but you don't have to buy them, it is your choice!

    More decorations would be nice, just to give different things different looks/designs so most aren't similar.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.