EA Forums - Banner

I was just in the wrong town

I was just logged into someone else's town it was at level 27 had grown silvertongue to bad I couldn't tell who's town it was to notify them. I had to accept 2 donuts prizes from choo-choo-choose you quests in order to log out other than that I left the town untouched

this bug really needs to get fixed.

It really does. On behalf of that player I'm sure they thank you

Replies

• davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    I was just logged into someone else's town it was at level 27 had grown silvertongue to bad I couldn't tell who's town it was to notify them. I had to accept 2 donuts prizes from choo-choo-choose you quests in order to log out other than that I left the town untouched

It really does. On behalf of that player I'm sure they thank you

+1
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited March 2014
    Really is a major worry that people are still getting into other peoples towns like this :(
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014

Same thing happened to me before although I had to do their daily prize for them before logging out, I think that maybe they are working on it but taking a while because they don't have to take the game down again to fix it. That's good though I'm sure you would of logged out sooner if you could and they may not be on the forums but like said before I'm sure they thank you. Most people spend the donuts but you actually gave them some
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Last month I logged into a town not my own. Did catch the name of a Neighbor and then logged out.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    I think that maybe they are working on it but taking a while because they don't have to take the game down again to fix it.
    Okay, I'm sorry, but this is a major security breach. If they take the game down for a little while to fix it, that would be a bummer and everything, but if that's what needs top be done they should really do it. Make an announcement, give people a few donuts for the missed time, and fix this SERIOUS SECURITY PROBLEM.

(Or at least do an option for a password lock on donut spending so if a terrible person gets into our towns, they can't spend donuts because they'd be blocked at the confirmation step.)
  • lll3lucky
    543 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    I think that maybe they are working on it but taking a while because they don't have to take the game down again to fix it.
    Okay, I'm sorry, but this is a major security breach. If they take the game down for a little while to fix it, that would be a bummer and everything, but if that's what needs top be done they should really do it. Make an announcement, give people a few donuts for the missed time, and fix this SERIOUS SECURITY PROBLEM.

(Or at least do an option for a password lock on donut spending so if a terrible person gets into our towns, they can't spend donuts because they'd be blocked at the confirmation step.)

^ Exactly!! I wouldn't mind if they shut down to fix this problem. It's a serious problem that needs to be addressed pronto. If they can't fix it immediately...at least give the option to passcode your account. I have logged into other accounts and it's not a nice feeling because I know someone can log into mine just as easily.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:

Why are you sorry? I do know it's a huge problem I've experienced it a couple times what i meant was that i think they are trying to see if they can fix it without having to take it down if they can but wasn't trying to say that they wouldn't. But i do agree that if they have to they should do it. I think a little extra security could definitely work like how most sites have one for if your account is logged into from somewhere else
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    i think they are trying to see if they can fix it without having to take it down if they can
    Which is well and good, but clearly isn't working. Is been months of stuff like this happening consistently, which is unacceptable. So they should really stop trying to fix it and do whatever they need to do and get it fixed.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    i think they are trying to see if they can fix it without having to take it down if they can
    Which is well and good, but clearly isn't working. Is been months of stuff like this happening consistently, which is unacceptable. So they should really stop trying to fix it and do whatever they need to do and get it fixed.

I agree I made a thread about it using one of your suggestions which I think could help.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:

They'd also surely require a password input in order for selling items too.... as someone could just sell off all your buildings and decorations for giggles.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:

They'd also surely require a password input in order for selling items too.... as someone could just sell off all your buildings and decorations for giggles.

+1 good idea :thumbup:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Someone was just in one of my feeder towns and bought the taco truck in krusyland at least they didnt mess with anything else
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:

At the very least, premium items should be difficult or impossible to sell, because that's real money just like donuts are. Since this problem exists, some sort of theft prevention needs to exist.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:

At the very least, premium items should be difficult or impossible to sell, because that's real money just like donuts are. Since this problem exists, some sort of theft prevention needs to exist.

Like the limited time/event items and also like characters
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

I'd vote for impossible.

Just out of curiosity, I checked to see how much the game would give me for Sprawl-Mart. $2250. 100x that price wouldn't be worth it.
  • lialhydride
    8 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    My 9 year old daughter had her town and donuts compromised. She was saving for Bumblebee Man but someone used her donuts to purchase the tire fire. Luckily they didn't spend every donut, but unfortunately, it was an upsetting situation.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.