EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy vs The Simpsons

Prev134
Personally i dont think the FG game posses a threat to The Simpsons game as two totally different games, that being said people who are interested in FG will of course download the game when it available properly ;) I would have thought EA are working on a large update soon tho to wean gamers back ;)

Replies

• drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    Whacking day or whatever would most likely be in 2 weeks so we'd get it before the rumored release date of April 30 but there's no official one yet so it's not going to be because of family guy
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    I love the "it's a big threat". Competition makes the game better. That's why there's a Playstation, Nintendo and Xbox. Each are awesome in their own right and each are weak in different areas as well.

So EA is not going to "give up", they will add in more content, whether its multiple levels, a new event, a new permanent expansion, whatever. They will get it figured out. Also the people that have bought donuts will not easily just abandon ship either. I paid for the experience, and I'm not just going to drop off the game at the flick of a switch. I may tone down my purchases, but I see myself in there for the long haul.
  • AlanSherer
    84 posts
    edited April 2014
    Whacking day comin 16/17 April
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Family Guy game?

25451-tumblrm4ahjhodHo1r3bmu8gif-U9Pf.gif
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I personally have no interest in getting the Family Guy game.

I think South Park summed it up brilliantly in the episode where it reveals it's actually manatees who come up with the FG storylines :lol:

But if EA wants to give us extra content to keep people interested, I won't complain lol! :D
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'll give the new Family Guy game a try. If I like it than I will play it. But I will still play TSTO. The only thing that may change is I might abandon a side town or two. I'd probably give them away to someone who really wants the Cool Brown House. TSTO is the only game I play so I have time to add another game.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6381 posts Moderator
    edited April 2014
    I agree that the Family Guy game poses no threat. Instead they are just trying back tail on the success of The Simpsons Tapped Out.

Also, remember, the Family Guy universe is not as big as The simpsons. So while it may attract players from this game, I guarantee that it'll be in no time that they will come back.

Any other game wether it be Family Guy, South Park, American Dad or whatever that tries to copy this formula is only a clone that wants in on the action and the success that TSTO has had since it's launch in 2012
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    juliet603 wrote:

I think South Park summed it up brilliantly in the episode where it reveals it's actually manatees who come up with the FG storylines :lol:
    I've heard that even the family guy writers have adopted the term "manatee gag." :lol:

You know what I would just go nuts over, though, would be a South Park tapping game. (Called, of course, "Simpsons Already Did It.")
  • LAgator77
    73 posts
    edited April 2014
    Family Guy is a terrible rip-off of The Simpsons. I'm sure the game will be equally bad. No interest in that steaming pile of dreck.
  • LuGer33x
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    As with all games on the App Store, the Family Guy game is theoretically a "threat" to TS:TO. It's hard to assess how significant of a threat, however, when we know so little about the game. It is certain that the Family Guy game will launch with less content and less features than TS:TO, given that the nature of F2P is that more content is added over time and TO has been out for almost two years now.

As many TO "die-hards" frequent this forum, there are a number of potential issues with the Family Guy game that could drive people away and keep them on The Simpsons: (1) will premium content be reasonably priced?; (2) will the servers--especially during launch--be reliable?; (3) how much of the game's content will actually be locked behind a pay wall?; (4) will there be any sort of friending or visiting mechanism?; (5) will the quests be interesting / funny?

Bottom line is, very few (if any) dedicated TO vets are going to abandon the game completely merely because something shiny and new (and most likely, crappier, at least for the first few months) has come along. New players will have to decide, based mostly on which show they prefer (there are more Simpsons fans than Family Guy), as well as user reviews (Tapped Out is consistently well-reviewed in the app store, versions to version), which game they want. We'll have to see how "good" the Family Guy game is before we go declaring it a "big threat" to Tapped Out.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator
    Xbox Live - The Snake Esq
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:

I've heard that even the family guy writers have adopted the term "manatee gag." :lol:

You know what I would just go nuts over, though, would be a South Park tapping game. (Called, of course, "Simpsons Already Did It.")

My favourite South Park episode that, it was soooo funny :lol::lol:
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited April 2014
    LAgator77 wrote:
    Family Guy is a terrible rip-off of The Simpsons. I'm sure the game will be equally bad. No interest in that steaming pile of dreck.
    is tsto the first city builder ?
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:

I would LOVE a South Park tapping game, and the title you suggested would be perfect!

Simpsons is a family show so it will always be the biggest and best for the genre, but for adult humour South Park is definitely my favourite! Family guy is just meh!
  • LuGer33x
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:

I would LOVE a South Park tapping game, and the title you suggested would be perfect!

Simpsons is a family show so it will always be the biggest and best for the genre, but for adult humour South Park is definitely my favourite! Family guy is just meh!
    Have you (or anyone else) tried The Stick of Truth on Xbox 360, PS3, or PC? Hell of a South Park game.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator
    Xbox Live - The Snake Esq
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    LuGer33 wrote:
    Have you (or anyone else) tried The Stick of Truth on Xbox 360, PS3, or PC? Hell of a South Park game.
    Yes! So sweet, dude. I have now played through it as a Fighter, ****, and Thief. I have all the chimpokomon and all the friends. I hope there's a Kewn and Friends dlc in the future.

*edit* Really? I can't say Cartman's superhero name? Guess I'll spell it like he says it...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • 4junk3000
    6214 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    What threat?

Like people cannot own and play two games???

I guess people can't watch more than one television show either, that's why when family guy came on the air, the Simpsons ratings went way down. Oh wait that's not reality.

Stop trying to make something out of nothing and go work on your town. Peter Griffin told me it was okay for a Springfield but was no Quahog.

I'm just kidding.
    Seriously, most of these people need something to do instead of coming here to ask where is the next level? Another game that holds their interest will be welcome, and it's certainly not going to affect revenue because completionists must have everything and will still spend money. It's apples vs oranges and you're actually allowed to have both.

So relax and look forward to a new game.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    4junk3000 wrote:
    What threat?

Like people cannot own and play two games???

I guess people can't watch more than one television show either, that's why when family guy came on the air, the Simpsons ratings went way down. Oh wait that's not reality.

Stop trying to make something out of nothing and go work on your town. Peter Griffin told me it was okay for a Springfield but was no Quahog.

I'm just kidding.
    Seriously, most of these people need something to do instead of coming here to ask where is the next level? Another game that holds their interest will be welcome, and it's certainly not going to affect revenue because completionists must have everything and will still spend money. It's apples vs oranges and you're actually allowed to have both.

So relax and look forward to a new game.

+1 :thumbup:
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'd rather play a South Park style tapped out than the new Family Guy game. Plus they could do Imagination Land or Cartman Land on a separate screen like Krusty Land.
  • 4junk3000
    6214 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    LuGer33 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:

Never heard of it, thanks for the tip!

I love South park, but I'm trying to avoid getting addicted to another console game. I like this set and forget type of format.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    I'll play it. It won't hurt this game that much but EA needs to fix the issues they have to make newer players stay playing.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.