EA Forums - Banner

Small updates frequently or Colossal update less frequent

Prev1
Both.

Replies

• mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Why not both? Small updates to keep us busy imbetween the big ones.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited April 2014

Are you saying we get big updates now? The events don't usually add levels or expensive items. They just add a lot of play time. Im talking about the updates between events
  • Nixx001
    8 posts
    edited April 2014
    If by big updates you mean something like Christmas/Halloween, with dozen(s) of new things to get and different ways to obtain them (money/donuts/special currency/wheel, etc), then it seem right.

If you mean just level updates like the last one (which comes as a big thing nowadays), then it is no very exciting - besides new level cap, all we really get is a couple of buildings, a couple of decorations. In the latter case its seems better to keep it up with small - weekly? - updates, the size of tie-ins.

Completely agree on higher cost needed, gotta be motivated to keep collecting the cash while sitting on 20+ millions not really needed for anything, right?
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    Personally, I think they should drop massive updates every few months instead of releasing small updates monthly. Increase the level cap by 5 instead of 1 each time. Then we could all play at our own pace. As it is now, most of us finish the update in 2 or 3 days and wait weeks for the next bit. Also, I would make the items they release in the higher levels wayyyy more money. level 40 should have 2 buildings at $750,000 and $1 million and increase for the next level. It's not hard enough when people have hoards of cash

I do not agree. I am a level 39 player and reaching 435000 for sanya's house took me too long.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    The content update didnt keeps me busy pretty long. I immediatly bought Sanjay's house and Manjula but they are still out on tasks. Plus the fp prize will take me 2 more days. Ive seen bigger updates but i would definitely classify this update as 'big'.

• drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    vetteeater wrote:
    Personally, I think they should drop massive updates every few months instead of releasing small updates monthly. Increase the level cap by 5 instead of 1 each time. Then we could all play at our own pace. As it is now, most of us finish the update in 2 or 3 days and wait weeks for the next bit. Also, I would make the items they release in the higher levels wayyyy more money. level 40 should have 2 buildings at $750,000 and $1 million and increase for the next level. It's not hard enough when people have hoards of cash

I do not agree. I am a level 39 player and reaching 435000 for sanya's house took me too long.

I agree if they only release 2 buildings it'll be 1 freemium building for probably 500,000 and 1 premium building but there not going to only release 2 aspirational buildings but probably during an event they would
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:
    vetteeater wrote:

I agree if they only release 2 buildings it'll be 1 freemium building for probably 500,000 and 1 premium building but there not going to only release 2 aspirational buildings but probably during an event they would

During an event buildings never cost much, maybe $15,000. I want a challenge. I want to be hard up for cash
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    vetteeater wrote:

Me too! :-\
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:
    vetteeater wrote:

During an event buildings never cost much, maybe $15,000. I want a challenge. I want to be hard up for cash

I was talking about level 40 and what I meant about an event was they could release the aspirational buildings during an event because they wouldn't affect the main quest lines and also be available at level 5 like the others
  • leepierce27
    327 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I want massive updates with three to five levels everyday, PLUS episode tie-ins twice a week. Also, I want everything to be free. No premium characters. I also want new roads, like dirt, new challenges, I DO NOT want the wheel, although if I get it I want infinite spins and an equal chance of getting the high-end buildings. I equally want and don't want the monorail, because it will look cool and be a burden at the same time. Once I get all of these things, I'll find something else wrong.
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Sorry, haven't ready any of the replies here. I'm hung up on the thread title: "Small updates frequently or Collusall update less frequent."

Is this a Canadian word I'm unaware of or were you going for "Colossal?"
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Sorry, haven't ready any of the replies here. I'm hung up on the thread title: "Small updates frequently or Collusall update less frequent."

Lol I'm going to blame it on being ESL.... :oops:
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited April 2014

Seriously, what the hell is collusall?
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I want massive updates with three to five levels everyday, PLUS episode tie-ins twice a week. Also, I want everything to be free. No premium characters. I also want new roads, like dirt, new challenges, I DO NOT want the wheel, although if I get it I want infinite spins and an equal chance of getting the high-end buildings. I equally want and don't want the monorail, because it will look cool and be a burden at the same time. Once I get all of these things, I'll find something else wrong.
    That's not what I'm saying at all but thanks for coming out
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:

Sorry, not my intention to embarrass or be a jerk, I was just genuinely confused. And English is a tough language to master - many subtle nuances throughout. In fact, it's so difficult that in many cases, those who utilize English as a first language still struggle with it.

One quick trip around these forums can confirm that! :P
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:

Sorry, not my intention to embarrass or be a jerk, I was just genuinely confused. And English is a tough language to master - many subtle nuances throughout. In fact, it's so difficult that in many cases, those who utilize English as a first language still struggle with it.

No apology needed, it was funny. I get jokes :D
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Can we have a third option please:

No updates until we can go a week without an update thread.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited April 2014

I agree. But no more than 2 months between the big updates. Although I would prefer if they could do them a month or a month and a half apart for a while.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:

True matter of fact I think there's some on the first page. Oh also it's not just here it's pretty much anywhere you go on the internet you'll find at least one
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    No apology needed, it was funny. I get jokes :D
    :mrgreen: And congrats on your 100th post!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.