EA Forums - Banner

New event items cost in-game money, old event items cost donuts?

Good idea dude :)

Replies

• juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Sounds fair to me! There are a few items I'd like that I missed out on :D
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited April 2014
    That's a fine idea, but I imagine it would mean less money for EA. So, it ain't gonna happen.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    wouldn't it mean more money cos all the people who missed out on the items would have to buy donuts to get them? The people who already have them have them anyway.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I agree with that idea!
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited April 2014
    They already do that except the old items come back when the event happens again, it makes mor sense too me than your idea. (That's just my opinion)
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I like the idea as long as it wouldn't clutter up the build menus even more than they already are with lists and lists of items from every holiday event. Although really I'm fine with them making items available again only during the next year's event itself, as I can't see myself buying donuts in April to buy Halloween or Christmas items.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • Laura41981
    2 posts
    edited April 2014
    I agree. Then I can finally build my character collections!
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited April 2014
    Also wouldn't this take the meaning out of the words 'limited time' it would just be boring if you buy things whenever.
  • mrobinson666873
    214 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    And there will still be people creating numerous topics to complain about it!
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Awesome idea!
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited April 2014
    These will mean one of these three things:

1. You will have to buy them with donuts, but they won't pay out premium (as Barney, Miss Springfield and Tatum used to), which will lead to some complaints by people who bought them expecting a premium payout.

2. They will pay out premium if you buy them with donuts, but won't if you got them during the event, which will lead to a torrent of bitter complaints by people who got them during the event.

3. All event items will pay out premium, which I wouldn't mind (obviously) but don't really see happening.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    These will mean one of these three things:

1. You will have to buy them with donuts, but they won't pay out premium (as Barney, Miss Springfield and Tatum used to), which will lead to some complaints by people who bought them expecting a premium payout.

2. They will pay out premium if you buy them with donuts, but won't if you got them during the event, which will lead to a torrent of bitter complaints by people who got them during the event.

3. All event items will pay out premium, which I wouldn't mind (obviously) but don't really see happening.
    You do make a good point here.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited April 2014

I like to believe I always do. 8)
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited April 2014

I like to believe I always do. 8)
    Haha :lol:
  • nitegh0st
    40 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    This would be a disappointment to the ones that bought limited time items that thought they were getting an exclusive deal. Not that I don't like the suggestion - but EA will never do this.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    nitegh0st wrote:
    This would be a disappointment to the ones that bought limited time items that thought they were getting an exclusive deal. Not that I don't like the suggestion - but EA will never do this.
    I don't think they will do it as it doesn't get them as much money as majority of players will buy it for in game cash.

Edit: typos (stupid autocorrect).
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I don't see EA discontinuing the limited availability of event items. Having that approaching deadline, will push people to make purchases they otherwise wouldn't.
  • amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    This is really unlikely. I've been playing since the beginning so I've never actually seen the build menu at the start of the game, but I would imagine it would be absolutely horrifying to see the amount of content that would need to be bought.
  • flexster741
    352 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    So are we talking about just events or level updates? EA makes money by making some things premium with each update so they would not simply make everything free. The idea is cool for events but there are tons of people who have already stopped playing since last year and will not see the same events so EA lost out on making money from them. No way EA will risk that so they'd will continue their current structure of freemuim and premium items with each update and or event.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    They already do that except the old items come back when the event happens again, it makes mor sense too me than your idea. (That's just my opinion)

x2
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.