EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• EmmieEmmies
    83 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I was really really looking forward to this game, and I can't get it because I am on a Kindle Fire first gen. :(
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited April 2014
    Boyd45 wrote:
    Has anyone started the Exclusive Quest "Fool's Gold" ? How and do you start it ?

was wondering that myself.. i wonder if it is a premium thing like Gil.... maybe you have to buy an item?
  • tman19933612
    33 posts
    edited April 2014
    Don't forget to report the bugs you find by going to setting, contact&support and contact us. Just describe your bug by telling them what happened, how it happened and what device you're using :)
  • jimmyw31
    212 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Played FG for 10 minutes and I'm done. Moving/placing items is awkward on iPhone. Starting tasks by clicking and dragging is weird-would take some getting used to. If I was looking for another game to entertain me I'm certain FG would suffice. Bottom line is I'm way more invested time-wise in TSTO and don't have the time for another town builder game.

Also, regarding the debate of Simpsons vs. Family Guy - the answer is Futurama.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited April 2014
    I just started playing it a few hours ago...
    I really like the task animations. They are pretty freaking neat.
    Other than that, it seems a little clumsy, and it is a little odd feeling when you try to move decorations around when placing them. Other than that, I just got Quagmire, so I'm really not too far in yet.
    It's kinda fun. I need to play for a couple weeks to get a really good opinion though...
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    The premium items seem a little expensive. 590 clams for Consuela (19.99 for 600 clams) 250 for Buzz Killington (275 9.99) 200 clams for Daggermouth. Jake Tucker is only 50 and the Brain damaged horse is 120.

I would probably buy James Woods and Adam West if they become available. And I might consider Mr We*d, Death, Carl and Connie D'Amico if they are premium.
  • tman19933612
    33 posts
    edited April 2014
    The premium items seem a little expensive. 590 clams for Consuela (19.99 for 600 clams) 250 for Buzz Killington (275 9.99) 200 clams for Daggermouth. Jake Tucker is only 50 and the Brain damaged horse is 120.

I would probably buy James Woods and Adam West if they become available. And I might consider Mr We*d, Death, Carl and Connie D'Amico if they are premium.
    I'd get James woods and Rupert. It would be awesome for an action that involves both of them contemplating killing stewie and the other griffins.
  • barryriddl474
    4821 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    If allowed to post this:

Add me on FG:
    Barry Riddle
  • ultimatechick
    236 posts
    edited April 2014
    I'm liking it so far. Definitely a lesser copy of tapped out, but by no means a bad game. Bottom line, it's something else to do when not wrangling unruly children. (I substitute teach.)
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited April 2014
    Only way to add friends is thru Facebook?
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited April 2014
    I just started playing it a few hours ago...
    I really like the task animations. They are pretty freaking neat.
    Other than that, it seems a little clumsy, and it is a little odd feeling when you try to move decorations around when placing them. Other than that, I just got Quagmire, so I'm really not too far in yet.
    It's kinda fun. I need to play for a couple weeks to get a really good opinion though...

I agree with this. I'm in the middle of the drunken clam quests. The character's Facebook thing was a clever idea, though they did that in the stick of truth too. Premium items in family guy seem more expensive than tapped out but it seems to me that clams may drop more frequently or are given more often than donuts.
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Anyone know why some of the characters have a coat hanger in the corner of thier facebook picture?
  • jlenko
    69 posts
    edited April 2014
    Boyd45 wrote:
    Is there a forum for this game I have searched TinyCo and the game and got nothing

Only thing I've found so far is familyguygame.tk

Found it by searching "family guy quest for stuff news"

I'm curious if there will be the ability to add friends through Apple's Game Centre or not (like Smurfs has). I don't want to add random people to my Facebook.
  • fudgeo9
    296 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I dont want to add ppl via facebook either. Its purely for close family and friends. So I only have 2 I can visit... my kids. Im not enjoying it anywhere as near as Springfield.
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    fudgeo9 wrote:
    I dont want to add ppl via facebook either. Its purely for close family and friends. So I only have 2 I can visit... my kids. Im not enjoying it anywhere as near as Springfield.

Is there anyway you can tell which fb friends have the game?
  • Ratman5674
    888 posts
    edited April 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Ratman thought it would be allot better than it is.

The task that wants you to but 2.99 worth of coins is what made Ratman delete it.

A lot of games do this, it's how they make their money to keep the game alive and be able to maintain it as well as make new updates.
    Nothing says you have to buy ingame money for any game though, just play for the fun of it.

The way they put it annoyed ratman he thought it said get 2.99 worth free and almost bought it. A bit Ratmans fault but still anoying
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Boyd45 wrote:
    Is there a forum for this game I have searched TinyCo and the game and got nothing

There is an excellent new player-run Family Guy forum, check out the link in drosax1's signature, he's the second post on the first page of this thread.
  • wilki1999
    3965 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Ratman thought it would be allot better than it is.

The task that wants you to but 2.99 worth of coins is what made Ratman delete it.

A lot of games do this, it's how they make their money to keep the game alive and be able to maintain it as well as make new updates.
    Nothing says you have to buy ingame money for any game though, just play for the fun of it.

The way they put it annoyed ratman he thought it said get 2.99 worth free and almost bought it. A bit Ratmans fault but still anoying
    Does ratman know that the family guy game is a freemium game????????
  • Toronto8686
    10 posts
    edited April 2014
    Who has the link to the family guy forums? I can't find it online!
  • TapNDatSprngfld
    494 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Anyone know why some of the characters have a coat hanger in the corner of thier facebook picture?
    I was wondering that , too.

I like the game so far. I see no real need to spend money on it , as you get the best characters free. The premium items don't seem to offer bonuses which is okay because therre's no rating system. My only real complaint is how hard it is to move things.
    Has anyone else gotten clams from visiting ollieland? I got one yesterday and one today.