EA Forums - Banner

New Found Love & Respect for TSTO After Family Guy...

Prev13
I don't disagree. The permanent task to buy clams is a deal breaker for me.

Replies

• phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Other than glitches I have experienced, I quite like the game.
    All it is doing it promoting an offer they have (Tapped out does the same will Gil, I'm not sure how long the FG one will be there of if it will ever go), I'm not too bothered about it as I don't care about it sitting in my task book.
    I do think Tapped Out is better though.
  • jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    All it is doing it promoting an offer they have (Tapped out does the same will Gil, I'm not sure how long the FG one will be there of if it will ever go), I'm not too bothered about it as I don't care about it sitting in my task book.

But you will never be able to get Mort until you spend 50 clams.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:

I'm not that far yet (I had the Bruce glitch yesterday so couldn't play then). I'm building his pharmacy. What do you need to unlock Mort?
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    You don't actually have to ask your fb friends to clear that job. I said I'd ask, a dialogue box popped from fb asking if I really want to send the invite and I said no lol job cleared
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I like Family Guy The Quest for Stuff more than Tapped Out.

The quest about buying clams is not a quest per se. It is more like a gill deal. It will dissappear.
  • jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:

I'm not that far yet (I had the Bruce glitch yesterday so couldn't play then). I'm building his pharmacy. What do you need to unlock Mort?

The Family Jewels building costs 50 clams.

• jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:

The quest about buying clams is not a quest per se. It is more like a gill deal. It will dissappear.

Thanks mate, for the information.

But what about being forced to buy the Family Jewels building for 50 clams to complete Mort?

By in by, I had a great time in Brussels last year.
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm really enjoying playin FG started playing yesterday so far no probs touch wood :mrgreen:
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    jjnag1971 wrote:

You don't need that building, it's just a place you could get jewels from. Also you get 1 clam a day from visiting that other town.
  • Ecl3t1c
    63 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    You don't actually have to ask your fb friends to clear that job. I said I'd ask, a dialogue box popped from fb asking if I really want to send the invite and I said no lol job cleared

This!
  • cjryder625
    1413 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm not impressed with it. I hate the size of the task bar and other icons at the bottom they take up a good portion of the screen. The quests all seem a little complicated and I keep winning prizes that I have no idea what they are for or how to use them. Don't do Facebook and even if I did I wouldn't want random friends on it. I keep hopping it will get better but sadly think not. Tapped Out definitely wins over the two games. No wonder EA were not bothered to compete with it and put out a big update. My guess is they are waiting for folk to get fed up with FG and then put out an update to win them back.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts
    edited April 2014
    Family Guy hasn't crashed on me yet. Too bad EA can't make the same claim for TSTO.
  • beerbrwer
    20 posts
    edited April 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:

How much do you have to spend to get Barney?
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited April 2014
    I very much enjoying both games, simpsons will always have a place in my heart as I know it so well, and I'm having great fun with FG, still hoping for a futrama one tho :wink:
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    jjnag1971 wrote:

You don't need that building, it's just a place you could get jewels from. Also you get 1 clam a day from visiting that other town.
    I am now trying to unlock Mort. You don't need to spend clams unless you want to. There are other ways to get the jewels.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    beerbrwer wrote:
    jjnag1971 wrote:

How much do you have to spend to get Barney?
    Lol
    But mort is actually free, TC just hasn't figured it out
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited April 2014
    If you look at what is needed to unlock characters it will show for instance 0/3 jewels you need to get and have various tasks for characters to possibly obtain a jewel, if you get a jewel from say quagmire doing a task all you need to do is send him on that same task, and try to get another and so forth. You do not need to buy any premium buildings to progress further in the game it is just showing it as a possible building if you have it to obtain an item, which in turn will help you unlock a character... I personally like the game a lot, when the glitches are sorted and they start playing with some things it will come together better.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:

Thanks mate, for the information.

But what about being forced to buy the Family Jewels building for 50 clams to complete Mort?

By in by, I had a great time in Brussels last year.

Well, you do not actually need the building. The game just gives you the range of options to collect jewels. If you need three, you can just use one option three times.

Glad to hear you liked Brussels!
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:

You don't need to spend any clams

You need 3 flyers I think and 3 antacids and I think the jewels which you can get by having Bonnie twerk it I'll check later though when I can
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!