EA Forums - Banner

Beware the new inventory glitch/feature.

johncolombo
11191 posts Senior Moderator
Does this pertain to premium items as well?
Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ

Replies

• johncolombo
    edited April 2014
    I just tried it with a limited time item from the vday wheel and it did not make another one. That would be a sweet glitch.
  • johncolombo
    edited April 2014
    The first thing I thought of when I learned about this was maybe my extra SVT would come out of inventory but no such luck.
    Edit. Wondering if the second one would come out if I put the original in storage first? I'm scared to try though.
  • VinaBaker
    215 posts
    edited April 2014
    Bumping because this is important.
  • hyphen_ena
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    just checked to see if it happened in mine. Bad news. I wonder if it was a glitch brought on from the new functionality of it placing the next copy of that item next to the previous one.
  • VinaBaker
    215 posts
    edited April 2014
    hyphen_ena wrote:
    just checked to see if it happened in mine. Bad news. I wonder if it was a glitch brought on from the new functionality of it placing the next copy of that item next to the previous one.

I wondered that, too. I had it happen to me before I read about it here, too. Bummer.

• NMayo
    898 posts
    edited April 2014
    haha i noticed this with a hedge i placed.. i LOVED that it auto placed the next hedge for me, but then i was able to place 4 hedges when I only had 2 in inventory to start with lol.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    As long as you're aware of it, and are not desperately low on cash, this sounds like a convenient thing! :)
  • amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    I'm pretty sure this was an added functionality... Lol
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6227 posts Moderator
    edited April 2014
    I don't think this can be considered a bug/glitch

If anything, it's saving you time from having to go into the build menu, find that particular item & then place it.
  • ultimatechick
    236 posts
    edited April 2014
    After reading this thread I went to try it out, and discovered that apparently you cannot store items purchased in this fashion. For whatever reason, they've left the little box icon/inventory option off of these new things. So beware until this is fixed, lest you end up with an extra 36 bushes that you cannot stick back into inventory and have to move one by one.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I don't think this can be considered a bug/glitch

If anything, it's saving you time from having to go into the build menu, find that particular item & then place it.
    Agreed. Wish I'd had this when I was redoing my squidport last week.

*edit*
    After reading this thread I went to try it out, and discovered that apparently you cannot store items purchased in this fashion. For whatever reason, they've left the little box icon/inventory option off of these new things. So beware until this is fixed, lest you end up with an extra 36 bushes that you cannot stick back into inventory and have to move one by one.
    Okay, that part kinda stinks
  • philiweiss
    378 posts Member
    edited April 2014

Now THAT sounds more like a glitch to me...
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I read about this new feature and didn't realize how it worked. I'm finishing redesigning my Springfield and as I'm placing weather station after weather station, I start to think that I don't remember having this many. :roll: At least they're good for xp. :D
  • philiweiss
    378 posts Member
    edited April 2014

BTW Can you sell them at least?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    philiweiss wrote:

You can, I just tested it. The storage option was the only one that seemed to be missing.
  • ultimatechick
    236 posts
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    philiweiss wrote:

You can, I just tested it. The storage option was the only one that seemed to be missing.

Yes, indeed. I did in fact end up selling back all 36 un-inventory-able bushes. A minor irk, since I have 5 million in the bank, but still.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    It now appears ( when you build something ) how much money you have lost on the screen as well.

• mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    As long as you're aware of it, and are not desperately low on cash, this sounds like a convenient thing! :)

Exactly! :twisted:
  • johncolombo
    edited April 2014
    I have 70 million plus in my main town. Just trying to warn those low on dough. Also I don't really need anymore brown fences, thanks to the mystery box.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!