EA Forums - Banner

Death of freemium

Prev13
Careful, EA suck-ups might get offended by what you just said.

Replies

• fluffling
    516 posts
    edited April 2014
    EA might still change the odds, like they did for the Christmas wheel.
    there's still lots of time left so hopefully everyone will be able to get at least nearly everything, if not all.
    But I agree, they are making it a bit harder for Freemiums to play and get everything
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited April 2014
    Stay strong! Don't fall into EA evil clutches!
  • lilspixie
    31 posts
    edited April 2014
    To be fair though. There's 3 weeks worth if event and soo many prizes. I don't think it's a huge deal d we don't get everything. I'd be happy with a character and a building. But that's just me lol. I'm easy pleased.

There's still loads of time to get the prizes
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited April 2014
    You've had 13 spins without donuts :shock: I'm on 4!
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    As long as I get the Blocko store, I'm a happy camper. Yep, this freemium player has gone ultra-minimalist.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited April 2014
    As long as I get the Blocko store, I'm a happy camper. Yep, this freemium player has gone ultra-minimalist.

+1
    Always happy for shops and its a cool one :)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Yup, the blocko store is my priority. I'm hoping to get some other cool stuff, but it's pretty much about the stores.
    I'm doing everything I can to get eggs. Event is set to end in mid-May, so I think there's time to earn some stuff.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    Well 2 are gold spins. I have had luck finding baskets tho. I've found 9 baskets already lol
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited April 2014
    How in the h3ll are you up to spin 14 without using a donut? I've spun 4x without using donuts.
  • jasonbd77
    238 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I am freemium-ish. I'll spend giftcards on donuts. I won't buy eggs for this event. It seems to me that people are being a bit alarmist about it all too early. After playing the event for a few days and progressing through the quest line, egg collection increases considerably. It will be difficult to attain the prizes if you don't play religiously. If you do everything you need to every time it shouldn't be a problem to get the majority of prizes.

* I've had at least a dozen spins as well.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    mpwarner wrote:
    Well 2 are gold spins. I have had luck finding baskets tho. I've found 9 baskets already lol

None :oops:

I've 'completed' every event in this game (apart from the first Halloween which I joined a week before the end). I spent a few donuts to get the final WD prize (which they then extended :evil: ) but I've got a feeling I'm going to be nowhere close with only 4 boxes so far.
    Unless this update gets patched very soon (hope ea have seen this board recently!!!!) I may just write it off. My next month is ridiculous for work (finishing Uni) so honestly I don't have the time to keep visiting 100 neighbours everyday for minimal reward (3eggs/town is a joke)

Rant over.
  • 8injoe
    94 posts
    edited April 2014
    Just beat ea at their own game, refuse to buy more donuts and use a hack. There are quality free hacks out there (android ones don't need a r00ted device)
    Just watch out for the ones that require a survey, they never work.

Pm me if you want more info.

(this is not an admission to me personally hacking in game, just offering alternatives for those frustrated with the current way of things in the game)
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    Up until this event, all of us freemium players could easily clear the events without spending a donut. I really see zero chance of being able to clear this. In 13 spins I have: 2 ponds, 3x sections of fence, rabbit man, 7x gold eggs...I understand Ea needs to make money but I think this strategy will lose freemium players rather then increase profit.

I don't see why EA should care that a person who isn't contributing financially would stop playing.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2014

I need that! :-\
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    mpwarner wrote:

I've got around 15 without donuts! :-D
  • PonyDx
    185 posts
    edited April 2014
    EA has definitely hooked the freemium players into wanting to spend a little cash this Event now that there are at least 5-6 limited time characters available.
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

You're so weird.

It's got nothing to do with sucking up to EA. It's about the fact we're still very, very early in the event and proclaiming this the worst thing ever, or that we'll never complete it, or, in this case, THE DEATH OF FREEMIUM (DUN-DUN-DUUUNNNNN) is seriously premature.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    doh1886 wrote:
    vetteeater wrote:
    Up until this event, all of us freemium players could easily clear the events without spending a donut. I really see zero chance of being able to clear this. In 13 spins I have: 2 ponds, 3x sections of fence, rabbit man, 7x gold eggs...I understand Ea needs to make money but I think this strategy will lose freemium players rather then increase profit.

I don't see why EA should care that a person who isn't contributing financially would stop playing.
    A freemium player always has the possibility to start spending. Lost or frustrated players won't spend. Also, how many friends do you get playing from word of mouth. A shrinking customer base won't help the bottom line.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

You're so weird.

It's got nothing to do with sucking up to EA. It's about the fact we're still very, very early in the event and proclaiming this the worst thing ever, or that we'll never complete it, or, in this case, THE DEATH OF FREEMIUM (DUN-DUN-DUUUNNNNN) is seriously premature.
    Can I ask you something?

I don't want to argue with you, and I don't want to start an insult war either.

How long have you been playing this game?

I'll explain why I asked that once I get your answer.

EDIT: I never said the event was horrible. In fact I like the event very much. What I don't like is the chance factor in winning stuff. That should matter to premium players too because at the end of the day even if you spend money you're still paying for a chance to get something not actually getting it like a normal transaction would work. Get it?
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited April 2014
    Get everything in the event: "EA makes such short and easy events. I cleared everything weeks ago and I'm just waiting for this event to be over! There is no challenge in these events, this is so boring, this whole game is boring now!"

Not be able to get everything in the event: "EA makes such long and hard events. It has been four days now and I should have had all the items now but I don't, EA sucks, I hate EA, they are so money hungry, I'm gonna quit playing now!"
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!