EA Forums - Banner

ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH THE EASTER EVENT?

Prev134567
Yes :-)

Replies

• Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I voted no. I'm past caring if I get everything from all the eggs, but I'm sick to death of the Lisa driven quests and the obvious 'eggs of one colour' going on, meaning you are always short of eggs of the other colour.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm not one to sit and complain, but I'm not all that thrilled with the event. It just seems like a crapload of legwork for little payoff. I'm not spending donuts on gameplay, particularly baskets, so unless EA adds frequency to the way those pop up, the social aspect of this update is somewhat lost. I'm also getting tired of the chance prizes, as opposed to the milestone ones. I completed Christmas and Valentines pretty easily, but I know a lot of people really struggled. There's nothing more deflating that grinding through 100 friends, tapping around your town several times a day, and ending up with another fence or ugly tree at the end of the day. Just my two cents, and with that, back to tapping...
  • yiyah10
    41 posts
    edited April 2014
    I am all for not making a event easy as then it gets boring but this is not just difficult it's impossible unless you spend money .

I have now opened 1 gold box and got fences ( how is this is a prize?!) and I have opened over 10 pink boxes and the best prize so is a beach towel - this has taken me since Friday and that's all I have to show for all that tapping - it's a complete farce!!

This is not fun which I thought it was meant to be?
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    So far no. The good prizes are ridiculously hard to obtain unless you spend money and even then they are not guaranteed.
  • JessicaSayce
    137 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I voted "don't care". I used to care, I just don't any more. I'll play, but if I don't get stuff.....meh.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    The update is good in general but i'm not keen on this "chance" of winning items, i like the oppotunity to be able to buy the prem items as i wish and not the "chance" of winning items if your lucky enough too
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • aSkydude252
    168 posts
    edited April 2014
    I feel like people would be a lot less disappointed if some of these items had multipliers attached to them, like the pastel fence or the easter pond (which have precedent in the white picket fence and valentine's pond, respectively). I wouldn't mind getting yet another of these things in that case. As it is, the vast majority of the prizes are junk after you get a couple of them.
  • rmb256982
    67 posts
    edited April 2014
    I enjoy this event. It has much new content, many new characters, and plenty to keep folks occupied for a while. All of those things are things that many people have been complaining about for some time. The only complaint I have is the timing of the event launch. Now that it's after Easter, I'm ready to move on to the next holiday event, or level update, or whatever. I would like to see EA plan their holiday events to coincide more with the holidays. If the event runs for 3 weeks, then we should start it at least 2 weeks before the holiday. Next month I will still be doing easter, its like putting your Christmas lights up Dec 20th, and taking them down in march. :?
  • bekkison
    8 posts
    edited April 2014
    Hate it. I now have waaaaaay more fences than anyone needs and still no hugs bunny or shari. The RNG on the good prizes is beyond oppressive.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited April 2014
    Hate it

The choices made to have an egg trading system is ridiculous, not many people trading eggs, I know I rarely do as eggs are hard to come by before visiting neighbours, the choice to have two different colours is ridiculous as the better prizes are really in the pink egg boxes, if your blue, your screwed, the prizes in the gold boxes, 4 of them worthwhile, these could easily have been community prizes or even personal prizes, the cost of the boxes are ridiculously high, the odds ridiculously stacked to give out the crap, rabbits are rarer than snakes were, and finally this event is clearly stacked to make people spend even more money on donuts

*takes breath*

Had EA given people the option to just buy the items if they want to, it might have reduced the complaints, but with it all being chance based, this event is basically three wheels, and has successfully become one of the most complained about events in TSTO 2yr history (and I'm not the only one who thinks that)

Someone at EA has basically come in, had pound and dollar signs in their eyes, ruined the formula that EA had nailed to near perfection, and caused a lot of people to abandon the game or refuse to spend any more money on it.

EA won't even hold their hands up and say they made a mistake, because they care about the money, not the game, not the security issues, not the problems people are having etc, etc, etc...

These are just my views though, harsh, yes, but someone has to say it and I don't mind being the bad guy and being the one who says it
  • ryandelpo
    96 posts
    edited April 2014
    Only good thing about this event is the extra FP from handshakes.....that's about it. Feel like the egg an is my new yeti
  • blackgryphon9999
    687 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm actually enjoying this event. The pace is slow and that suits me just me :-D
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    ... not many people trading eggs...

Not by the looks of it for me. I put out TWO pink baskets before bed. Woke up 6 hours later with both of them full. When I am visiting friends I drop the blues out for pink to every neighbor possible. I try to keep it fair and only do 1 exchange per neighbor. It's typically enough exchanges to get myself a Pink box (my uncommon color). I opened 3 pinks today. 1 came from the 2 generators I have, 1 came from exchanging out blue, and the other came from the 2 filled pink baskets.

My baskets barely last a day prior to getting filled. Blue or pink. Over the weekend I got lucky and picked up 5-6 baskets from my bunnies. All were filled just as quickly.
  • Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Worst ever.
  • pebblesandco
    68 posts
    edited April 2014
    I usually love every event and complete them with no gripes.

This event sucks. We are a week in and I have yet to receive anything but fence, ponds, piles of eggs and golden eggs.

At this rate am hoping EA extends the event to at least July so that I can obtain all the prizes.
  • pebblesandco
    68 posts
    edited April 2014
    yiyah10 wrote:
    I am all for not making a event easy as then it gets boring but this is not just difficult it's impossible unless you spend money .

I have now opened 1 gold box and got fences ( how is this is a prize?!) and I have opened over 10 pink boxes and the best prize so is a beach towel - this has taken me since Friday and that's all I have to show for all that tapping - it's a complete farce!!

This is not fun which I thought it was meant to be?

This! I loved last whacking day which was anything but easy and required dedication, but it had great rewards. This event is a whole lot of work for just chances to get a reward. I am just not one of the lucky ones getting anything good.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    it's a decent event

there are characters and buildings to be won....even the fences are nice at least

zero stuff from the Christmas and Valentines Day events is still in my town...but there are things from this one that will remain forever
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Funchal13 wrote:
    Worst ever.

46596038.jpg

Couldnt help but post this :lol: Tried to resist but failed just like resisting to buy donuts lol
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    ... not many people trading eggs...

Not by the looks of it for me. I put out TWO pink baskets before bed. Woke up 6 hours later with both of them full. When I am visiting friends I drop the blues out for pink to every neighbor possible. I try to keep it fair and only do 1 exchange per neighbor. It's typically enough exchanges to get myself a Pink box (my uncommon color). I opened 3 pinks today. 1 came from the 2 generators I have, 1 came from exchanging out blue, and the other came from the 2 filled pink baskets.

My baskets barely last a day prior to getting filled. Blue or pink. Over the weekend I got lucky and picked up 5-6 baskets from my bunnies. All were filled just as quickly.

I WANT to trade with random neighbors but the problem is when you click a full basket, there's a jumbled mess going on on the screen. If you're lucky you get to see the name of one contributor, but if four people kindly dropped 100 eggs on you, you'll never know who did it. People definitely have been leaving eggs in my basket and I wish I could return the favor. Instead, I've been planning trades with my real-life friends. Then again, if baskets weren't so rare I might be more inclined to just trade away.
  • Mumble_Taker
    180 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Yes. I got most of the good stuff in less than a week and I now have 3 weeks to get the Blocko store and Bobbins.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.