EA Forums - Banner

Shady Basket Tactics

2Next

Replies

• GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Unfriended someone last night because I lost my uncommon color egg to one of their baskets that littered their landing zone.
  • joeythelemur714
    178 posts
    edited April 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    That sounds like a genius idea. Ratman might have to try that but the basket gets full quick anyway so there is no point.

But friends of the Ratman be carful

This friend was not so careful, accidentally clicked on 2 of your baskets today. Well, enjoy the blue eggs, though they were my uncommon ones, so they were precious to me! (said in my best Gollum voice)
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, i noticed some people doing this as well. Not going anywhere those baskets! Even if i have no more use for my eggs they will not be getting any from me. Got a lot of other neighboureenos who deserve them a lot more.
  • Fingerpopping58
    120 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    i just put one of each in my landing zone as decorative pieces when i do have any to place. i don't even expect people to donate eggs to me but they have been filling up quite fast.

i don't try to scam people to giving me eggs and if they are willing to give me some i am grateful

the only thing that sucks when you collect you can only read 2 names out of 4 so i can see to return the favour later at sometime if someone is continually giving me eggs

It's possible for a player to donate more than one set of 50 eggs so when the basket's emptied there won't always be four friends' names showing.
  • Samaranth01
    2182 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    88KEYS62 wrote:
    What are these baskets you speak of? Haven't seen one in my town since Friday.

They drop randomly from bunnies. I think you can get some from tapping eggs in your friends towns too. Check your inventory. I've found several I didn't even know I had.

I put mine on the edge of town in a small area I put aside. I originally had them next to each other until I saw posts from people about tapping the wrong one. Now they're separated with a float between them. Looks nice and makes it easier for my friends.
  • VinaBaker
    215 posts
    edited April 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    i just put one of each in my landing zone as decorative pieces when i do have any to place. i don't even expect people to donate eggs to me but they have been filling up quite fast.

i don't try to scam people to giving me eggs and if they are willing to give me some i am grateful

the only thing that sucks when you collect you can only read 2 names out of 4 so i can see to return the favour later at sometime if someone is continually giving me eggs

Yes this! I think I've only been able to make out 2 of my neighbours names, I have no idea who the others are from! :evil:

I have tried enlarging but it makes no difference, I want to know who's giving me eggs. :(

I agree. It's really frustrating.
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited April 2014
    I'm hitting at least one basket in every one of my neighbors' towns that have them. I remember how quickly the fun of the update faded once I'd gotten all the Valentine's and Christmas goodies, so I'm okay with taking a while longer to collect everything this time around. I may stop as we get closer to the end of the udpate if I'm still down a few items...I really want that Blocko store, Hugs Bunny and Shari Bobbins. I'm hoping the characters have some fun tasks.
  • rpk333236
    224 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Had this happen to me as it seems the basket has a bigger range than eggs do as I clicked on the egg side. On the bright side that tap was a donut so it wasn't a total loss.
  • elmalynn
    253 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    VinaBaker wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Yes this! I think I've only been able to make out 2 of my neighbours names, I have no idea who the others are from! :evil:

I have tried enlarging but it makes no difference, I want to know who's giving me eggs. :(

I agree. It's really frustrating.

I also would like to know! I'll have to look closer because I can usually only see one name and a big mess under that.

Also, is there a way to tell what my neighbors common color is?
  • TheFrogglin
    21 posts
    edited April 2014
    My baskets are all out in the open, away from other stuff and away from each other. I am morally rich, though eggily poor.
    (Eggily is so too a word)
  • saijake
    91 posts
    edited April 2014
    I too would like to who gave me huge amount of eggs. I had four baskets, and someone filled them up. It had to be one or two persons, because it happened so fast, but I didn't catch their names. I was so happy and grateful for the eggs. Thank you so much neighbour! I really appreciate it.

But what comes to the so called shady basket tactics, I wonder if the person has hidden the baskets because she/he thinks they are broken. I have broken baskets and I have hidden them, since I can't delete or store them. However, I hide them behind buildings that don't generate tax.
  • LuGer33x
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    MChave13 wrote:
    I have a friend in my town who has placed all her baskets so that its easier to accidentally click on the basket egg as opposed to the egg above the building. While it seems obvious to simply be more careful, when I first logged into her town, it didn't show that there was a basket so when I clicked on the egg, it also clicked on the basket. Just putting this out there so you guys can be a bit careful.
    Added a few new friends for this event. This happened to me on my first visit to one of their towns and I immediately defriended that person.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator
    Xbox Live - The Snake Esq
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Ratman is honest and kind
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I started out doing this, but since I've been actively trading my blue eggs for pink, I've been establishing some good trade relations. I find that it works better. Still though once I get that blocko store, I'll go back to being be sneaky.
    tumblr_m3m04zUw2y1rtr1jto1_250.gif
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!