EA Forums - Banner

Decoration glitch or ripoff?

Prev1
It's a new feature, to make decorating easier. You'll notice stuff is also laid down in a line, now. I think it's great.

Replies

• bobhog
    27 posts
    edited April 2014
    It's a new feature, I noticed it the other day when I was placing fences
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Its a new feature introduced with easter. Gotta be carefull what you place. It might get taken away with a new update but i gotta say i kinda like it. Saves a lot of time and once you know its there you can avoid it.

Edit: ninja'd big time!! :D
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    I don't think it's that sneaky. After all the storage says you have 3 of the tree or whatever. You know after you place the 3rd tree that it will be out of your inventory. The interesting thing is how it reacts when store a unique decoration. I already did a building or 2 and it just goes to normal mode after replacement.
  • Quemical
    152 posts
    edited April 2014
    I thought i was getting free stuff too. I was rearranging my krustyland, and while i pulled out my bumblebee man truck, i noticed another one popped up. I laid out 3. Then with the cotton candy stands. I didn't notice i was actually getting charged until i ran out of tickets. lol. All good, it heavily increased my park rating at least.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    No I think it actually should ask you if you want to buy. Got a lot of unnecessary Gazebos because the mystery gave me 1
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I like how it lines the next item up but I really don't like how it keeps going even if you don't have the item. It's not a case of knowing how many you have in your inventory, if you have a lot of something and you're placing them you probably won't be counting down how many you have left, especially after over a year of playing with it where it stops when you have none left.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    I like how it lines the next item up but I really don't like how it keeps going even if you don't have the item. It's not a case of knowing how many you have in your inventory, if you have a lot of something and you're placing them you probably won't be counting down how many you have left, especially after over a year of playing with it where it stops when you have none left.
    It takes some getting used to, but I love it. Don't have to dig through the build menu for more of something if there aren't enough in my inventory, and I can even store something and build it quicker from my inventory than the build menu. If I don't need or want more of them, I just exit out; it's not like you're forced to place more than you want.
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    What if the item costed donuts? Does it automatically deduct?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    If it's a premium item, it doesn't automatically put out another one. (At least it didn't with white fences or Easter baskets)
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited April 2014
    It's a new feature that has a MASSIVE flaw...

<
    And my Avatar makes it look like Homer ain't too happy about it :lol::lol::lol:

• maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    It's a new feature and it's good for people who like redesigning! :-D
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    75 donuts!?! No way! Rip off!
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited April 2014
    I find it to be an awesome feature.. i mean when you go to your inventory, you should see the number of items that you are clicking on, so in your head you know how many you have to start. then the game takes over and efficiently and beautifully continues you on that same path, if thats what you want.
  • jlenko
    69 posts
    edited April 2014
    No I think it actually should ask you if you want to buy. Got a lot of unnecessary Gazebos because the mystery gave me 1

Ha ha, I got snookered the same way! I won a mystery box gazebo.. woo hoo... placed it, and they kept coming! I was like... how many frikken gazebo's did I just win?!?

Turns out I was paying for the stupid things..
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    LOVE IT. I discovered it last night while adding squidport fences.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    If it's a premium item, it doesn't automatically put out another one. (At least it didn't with white fences or Easter baskets)

thats the flaw, it tried to place extra premium items in my town last night, but because I didn't have enough donuts, it confused the servers and crashed the game. This error could be pretty nasty if it uses up your donuts if you have plenty available and don't concentrate. If I hadn't spotted it so quickly last night I would have had more than just the one cop car I wanted/needed.

Its not a feature I like
  • pookieinnl
    59 posts
    edited April 2014
    i think it is quite sneaky and i too was fooled into buying 2 gazebos after getting one from a mystery box...
    i wouldn't have bought them if it wasn't for this new feature... :?
  • litelbitt589
    155 posts
    edited April 2014
    I love it. My town is trashed for Easter. Built a bunch of brown houses for extra friends. It has made the redo much easier. Once I finish buying up the land I will really take advantage of it.

But I do think an initial warning of the change would have been appropriate.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    thats the flaw, it tried to place extra premium items in my town last night, but because I didn't have enough donuts, it confused the servers and crashed the game. This error could be pretty nasty if it uses up your donuts if you have plenty available and don't concentrate. If I hadn't spotted it so quickly last night I would have had more than just the one cop car I wanted/needed.
    Wait, what? It does put out more premiums automatically? Because I tested it by putting my few white fences in storage and pulling them back out, and it stopped when I was out. Same when I win baskets and they're in my inventory, it stops placing them when I'm out.
  • litelbitt589
    155 posts
    edited April 2014
    When my storage is out that's it. If I buy something it will keep placing the items as long as I have money.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.