EA Forums - Banner

Give up on this event!!

Prev1
We aren't even half way through the event though. You just need patience and in the end it will all be worth it. I got a topiary on my first gold box as well but I have not given up. I just got father Sean on my 20th box and currently building the Blocko store I got two boxes prior. This is what EA wants, to make us grind through the entire event. You're just giving up too soon with so much time left over. Plus the fences are not being wasted. You'll get donuts after amassing 50. 8)

Replies

• ashkay0104
    16 posts
    edited April 2014
    I came on here to actually same the same thing. Been playing for 3 years now, spent real money on game and EA is just getting worse and worse. You basically can't get anything now without putting down real money - face it!

No matter if they extend the update, double or triple the eggs - you will constantly find yourself on the outside looking in.

I used to be on all the time, extremely active - but I would say in the last year this game has gotten a lot worse - however, I will give to EA they did a good job making it more social and reward the player more by being more social. Otherwise everything else has gone to *.

Example: I even made a farm account for myself and rarely every go on, I used the farm account when you were able to stack tap tiles, corn, and weather broadcast, but ever since they got rid of that - it's absolutely useless - not only that but going through the tasks the 2nd time around - I have found out that EA shorten the game, you get characters and buildings so much faster - so fast you constantly in debt with money for building, characters and land that you HAVE TO SPEND REAL MONEY!

It took me almost 6months to a year to get Bart when I first started, now they unlock him within weeks. You might be sitting there saying this is good, cuz I want that character - I want their tasks - but in reality they only do this as a diversion to corner you into buying doughnuts in order to stay up to date, get full 5 star ratings, and have all nice looking SF. The amount of money it cost for land/buildings is ridiculous - there is no way possible anyone can have nice looking SF anymore who started the game within the past year and 1/2, unless you spent REAL $$$. And I'm sorry to say you wasted it -

I'm even thinking about selling my account - this how bad it has gotten. I have 350 doughnuts, 20 billion dollars, most all the characters. This is the 1st update I'm finally not caring if I complete and not using a single doughnut to get anything or speed up anything. If anyone is interested please let me know. Thank you and good luck to all you tappers
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    ashkay0104 wrote:
    I came on here to actually same the same thing. Been playing for 3 years now, spent real money on game and EA is just getting worse and worse. You basically can't get anything now without putting down real money - face it!

game's only been out for 2.
  • marpr91
    35 posts
    edited April 2014
    I'm not quitting the event because I'm a masochist and very hopeful things will turn around. But I been playing since the early days snd this event is the first I do not care if I don't get anything or not. In one way this is better because there is a lot less stress. I say play the event but don't really try too hard and see where you end up in two weeks
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I am not giving up, only for one simple reason: there is no avoiding the damn bunnies or their eggs. I finish every other quest I have to do by Sunday afternoon and there will still be another 15+ days of the event to go so there is no point in not trying to get more eggs...I don't like the payouts or the odds but it's still free stuff for doing something I was going to do anyway.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I've opened 37 boxes and still haven't received any building. I'm losing steam
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I have been playing since release, and have had no problems other than being a victim of the wrong town glitch, WHICH EA reset my town to how it was before it happened, and even gave me 20 donuts and 500,000 cash for free.

As far as Easter Prizes go, they are all LUCK. Here is the list of the things that I have gotten so far (premium wise anyway)

Johnny Fiestas
    Huggs Bunny
    Bunny #
    Blocko Store
    Banana Dictatorship
    Chirpy Boy & Bart Jr.

All I really have left are the Egg Council guy, Father Sean, and Shary Bobbins. The 2 topiarys (Kang and Kodos) aren't that important to me, and if I REALLY wanted them, I would buy them with donuts. Being as we have really only begun this event, I feel that there needs to be MORE premium prizes. As of right now I have opened around 30-35 boxes so I have been really lucky and gotten what I have mostly wanted. I feel that soon I am going to run out of need for eggs, and they will be wasted.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I got Blocko today as part of the quest (read formum next one definite but it the next next one. Had Banana Dictator rship the other day. Wife got Fr Sean and the 2 lizards, they go together.

It is a grind

I remember whacking day last year, No friends (you need friends) but my grinding did get me several prizes but short of Bare chested Willie.

I a month long event; it is not meant to be finished the first week (unlees you are impatient and need to spend donuts)
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I play this game every day so I might as well play the event, but if wasn't an everyday player I probably would've stopped playing this event too. It asks for way too much for even premium players.

I wish everyone luck tho!
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • amytobler894
    79 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm enjoying the event. Plenty of quests plus suspense on what's in the next box. Some
    just can't tap with the flow I guess.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    I've opened 37 boxes and still haven't received any building. I'm losing steam

I don't know if I feel better to know that others are in the same exact boat as me, or if I should be sad for the both of us! Haha!

Maybe we could start a support group... :mrgreen:
  • edited April 2014
    This is my first comment on the forums and unfortunately it's because this event is really awful. I cashed in pink eggs to get golden eggs that yielded...fences. The worst thing is they just improve your vanity rating - the easiest rating in the game to get five stars! I understand its luck and all that, but please EA at least give players an equal chance.
  • litelbitt589
    155 posts
    edited April 2014
    I am enjoying the event but HATE everything to do with the wheels. I play every day, so I continue to play. This event would not draw me in as a new player, but I will not drive me away either. I work towards eggs and not boxes. I do hope this is the last flippin wheel for TSTO. I have no anticipation of getting everything and so to me it is just another quest. Almost all the "prizes" are being left in inventory. Surprisingly the day I decided that I got the Dictatorship and Johnny's, go figure. I had got hugs with my third gold box three days before.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I have been playing since release, and have had no problems other than being a victim of the wrong town glitch, WHICH EA reset my town to how it was before it happened, and even gave me 20 donuts and 500,000 cash for free.

As far as Easter Prizes go, they are all LUCK. Here is the list of the things that I have gotten so far (premium wise anyway)

Johnny Fiestas
    Huggs Bunny
    Bunny #
    Blocko Store
    Banana Dictatorship
    Chirpy Boy & Bart Jr.

All I really have left are the Egg Council guy, Father Sean, and Shary Bobbins. The 2 topiarys (Kang and Kodos) aren't that important to me, and if I REALLY wanted them, I would buy them with donuts. Being as we have really only begun this event, I feel that there needs to be MORE premium prizes. As of right now I have opened around 30-35 boxes so I have been really lucky and gotten what I have mostly wanted. I feel that soon I am going to run out of need for eggs, and they will be wasted.

None of those are premium.
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited April 2014

Johnny Fiestas
    Huggs Bunny
    Bunny #
    Blocko Store
    Banana Dictatorship
    Chirpy Boy & Bart Jr.

They are considered "premium wins" because of their low chances and being as they are the MAIN prizes that players want.

If these items were introduced for us to get they would most certainly be donut items. As a matter of fact, Kang and Kodos ARE premium as you can currently buy them for donuts.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited April 2014

Johnny Fiestas
    Huggs Bunny
    Bunny #
    Blocko Store
    Banana Dictatorship
    Chirpy Boy & Bart Jr.

They are considered "premium wins" because of their low chances and being as they are the MAIN prizes that players want.

If these items were introduced for us to get they would most certainly be donut items. As a matter of fact, Kang and Kodos ARE premium as you can currently buy them for donuts.

Any proof applicable to personal opinion? Because none of these items are premium.
    Were the Kang & Kodos topiaries listed in your original post? As a matter of fact, they weren't.
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited April 2014

Johnny Fiestas
    Huggs Bunny
    Bunny #
    Blocko Store
    Banana Dictatorship
    Chirpy Boy & Bart Jr.

Any proof applicable to personal opinion? Because none of these items are premium.
    Were the Kang & Kodos topiaries listed in your original post? As a matter of fact, they weren't.

Yes they were in my original post. Right under where I show what I have won, it CLEARLY states "the 2 topiarys (Kang and Kodos) aren't that important to me, and if I really wanted them, I would buy them with donuts."

As for characters, how many have you been able to buy with just straight cash? Also when buildings were part of an event and they were available for purchase, they ALWAYS cost donuts to buy. My logic is solid, your attitude is poor, those are also FACTS.

Now if I were you I would take your condescending attitude elsewhere as it is NOT needed here.
  • ehckstoo72183
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    This event is abysmal. I don't mind zapping bunnies or collecting eggs from neighbors. The boxes are the joke here. The gold box especially. It should not have blue or pink eggs as prizes. The pastel fences would be better in a different box. I play daily, so tapping/zapping isn't anything much more than I would do already. The 3 "wheels"...ugh...just ugh.

I started playing just about 8 months ago. My event experience is limited. It seems obvious that most people strongly dislike the wheel events, yet they keep using them.

A few bugs with baskets, etc....I can deal with. Those tend to get fixed in time to enjoy an event. There really is no excuse for the wheels, and there seems to be little thought or planning put into the rewards. Spinning the blue/pink wheels to get gold eggs, only to be rewarded with less blue/pink eggs than you started with. Two peices of decorative fence? No multiplier...yet its a premium goody. The blue box fence gives 3 peices. I just dont see any rhyme or reason.

The wheel events just seem to be getting worse. I think I will wait on the next big event. If it features a wheel with bad odds, etc...I will stop playing. It just sucks the fun right out of any event.

• mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I got Blocko today as part of the quest (read formum next one definite but it the next next one. Had Banana Dictator rship the other day. Wife got Fr Sean and the 2 lizards, they go together.

It is a grind

I remember whacking day last year, No friends (you need friends) but my grinding did get me several prizes but short of Bare chested Willie.

I a month long event; it is not meant to be finished the first week (unlees you are impatient and need to spend donuts)

+1. Sounds exactly like my story. Got Blocko yesterday. Same story on the whacking day last year. Got only one friend back then. That guy received a lot of eggs! :D Never got Bare chested Willie but apart from that i got pretty much everything else ( bought the hotel and te stadium later on ).
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    C'mon, you just need patience. You can't possibly say you're frustrated when you spend 1000 common eggs and 500 uncommon eggs to get 500 gold eggs only to receive 250 of your common eggs back. Actually, that's the most frustrating thing you could imagine with this event, especially when you still need the majority of non-plant-or-fence prizes. I don't know if i can take three more weeks of this; at least throw me SOMETHING good to whet my appetite for bunny destruction.
  • BillionDuck
    159 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm still playing the game, but I'm not actively participating in the event. I'm not putting more time/effort into getting additional eggs/boxes, as that was a huge waste of time for nothing.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.