EA Forums - Banner

moral dillema about eggs suddenly appearing in neighbors

2Next

Replies

• mamaog02
    37 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    So if you have a "Suspicion" that someone is cheating in this game or life that you should just ignore it.I am planning on deleting them. It seems to be the norm in today's society, to let people get away with just about everything, which leads to more people doing it cause they can get away with it.
  • mamaog02
    37 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Oops! Sorry for the double post's
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    mamaog02 wrote:
    So if you have a "Suspicion" that someone is cheating in this game or life that you should just ignore it.I am planning on deleting them. It seems to be the norm in today's society, to let people get away with just about everything, which leads to more people doing it cause they can get away with it.

How reasonable is your suspicion? If your suspicion is true, how important is it? How much money do you want EA to spend to check up on your suspicion? There is always a cost. Checking frivolous suspicions takes away time and money from serious matters.
  • Quemical
    152 posts
    edited April 2014
    mamaog02 wrote:

It's not like you are witnessing a bank robbery and letting them get away. It's a dumb game. The thing that does rub me the wrong way is the people going to the tapped out Facebook page and advertizing their hacks for a fee.

As you've seen, it's easy to mistake legit players for "cheaters". One can never be certain if someone just loves spending money, or are aware of way of obtaining items you may not be aware of. Do you really want to spend your time playing detective and reporting players? Just keep your eyes on the road. No one's life is at risk if you let a cheater go without being reported.
  • just_glyding
    191 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Theres a guy on my friends list that has four Constingtons... I just shrug, tap to get eggs and move on.
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    You are actually asking if it is morally wrong to steal? Have you ever had anything stolen from you? Did you feel good about it? Have you ever stolen anything? Did you feel proud of yourself after?

I have a neighbor that is a forum regular. He has been inactive. I checked out his town. Just a few days in he has everything with 16000 eggs of each color to spare. My first thought was HACK. Then I actually thought about it. He really didn't need to spend much real money if he was lucky. After getting the prizes, he's probably taking some time off. It makes sense if you think about it and give people some credit.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Theres a guy on my friends list that has four Constingtons... I just shrug, tap to get eggs and move on.

Four Costingtons? They're HUGE. That's a whole lotta land!

Now, if someone comes up with a hack that gives us more land ... well ...
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2014

Haha if that happens a lot of are gonna turn to that :twisted:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

Haha if that happens a lot of are gonna turn to that :twisted:
    militaryhumornun_edit_1398106203117.jpg
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • kanderson123
    247 posts
    edited April 2014
    Quemical wrote:
    Although i don't play with any hacks, I have a handful of neighbors I am certain play with hacks, because they have like 10 items that were only given out, and you could not buy them. For instance, someone has 10 Homer graves that were just given out last week.
    Maybe your neighbor had the graves in his storage?

My issue with all of this and the many threads over the last two years around this subject is you can never actually know if they are hacking or not unless they have more then the given number of special prizes. Many people budget for this game 20 bucks an event, that is around 100 dollars a year. If you do not play games on your play station or wii anymore why not? So here is my beef - if you don't have proof that they are In-fact hacking, then why report it? Especially if you cannot ask the individual about it themselves. This does not seem fair or moral to me. If they are diehard Simpsons fans and have some money to spend on the game why not.

Plus- house farmers are far more annoying than others because when you visit their town it's just ugly. House farmer at the beginning of your game I understand, but when you have neighbors who house farm at level 39 .... Really?

• Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited April 2014
    AARONRTD wrote:
    I have a neighbor that had a very large amount of eggs appear overnight (seen below). Either Donald Trump plays tapped out or they hacked their game. :wink: Doesn't bother me in the least. Kind of funny seeing such a large amount of eggs actually. :lol: Like others here have said, if it bothers you having a neighbor like that just unfriend them.
    Y28ikrSl.png

Hey let me hack my game, hum what to get, some pink eggs lets see now some blue ones, what else some donuts oh I know some gold eggs, no wait people might think I hacked the game better not. :roll:
    You can't buy gold eggs
  • kjamma
    126 posts
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Err, it was entirely possible to earn ten of those by having him raid random fridges three times a day for a few days. I know because I did it. The things that generally pique my suspicion is when someone has ten whales, and a fleet of knight boats, and a giant christmas tree farm full of elf houses, etc. I mean, spending donuts is one thing, but buying hundreds of the same premium items is something else. And spending $200 on whales is mind-boggling. Maybe I'm wrong and they just have that much money, but I still don't understand spending that much of it on repeats.

*whistles innocently*

Without going into the sad, sordid details of what I have spent on donuts over time on this game (both moneywise and/or by converting giftcards from holidays to donuts) as a premium content "hoarder" I buy multiples of the same for one or more of a few different reasons.

First, if it's a multiplier, that's always nice. I like getting more bang for my buck. A pod of whales enables this.

If it's a premium non-multiplier item, I will purchase mutliples to obtain more game currency more quickly (ie, cemeteries for ghosts at Halloween, Christmas trees for gift cards, etc.) Plus, they tend to generate a nice chunk of change after the holiday, and can be re-used when the event returns (at least it was this way with the Christmas trees.) Not to mention, for those times when I am falling behind on maintenance/visits (which has sadly happened more than I care to admit as of late) having a metric f***ton of stuff means that there's always something for my visitors to tap on so their visit isn't wasted (I have a number of friends that clear their towns so frequently that I've never been able to actually tap anything. Even going back later in the day doesn't work.)

That said... I know it's time to give my town an overhaul, especially since a lot of content has been released since I planned my town and it is a fierce mess right now. I'm in a good enough spot dollar wise that I don't need the house/tree farms or, perhaps, quite so many multipliers. It's just, you know.... actually doing it. But, just know there is a method to my madness! :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.