EA Forums - Banner

Hiding Baskets...Fair or Foul??

I don't see the harm in it, the're easy to spot, so I don't tap on 'em.

Replies

• NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited April 2014
    They don't need to hide it people will still accidentally give them eggs anyways... But ya if people really do do that then that's the cheapest thing I ever heard of. I put my baskets by the spawn in my town and I don't hide them but yet my friends still donate (or accidentally click whatever comes first) also you know how this event was suppose to get us to be more "social" well if anything its doing the opposite. Well I always like to spray paint my friends towns so they could get more money and xp but now since I don't get eggs i'm not doing that until the event ends. Also since there is no confirmation screen for the egg baskets we all hate each other guts for putting them in bad places or right next to each other. Now people are trying to trick their friends to get more eggs... Well hopefully we can go back to being nice after this event but until then enjoy the tapped out hunger games whoever gets all the prizes wins!
  • kjamma
    126 posts
    edited April 2014
    I've seen a few threads with people warning others about neighbors hiding baskets behind buildings to trick YOU into dropping an egg in their pocket. Most people seemed upset and thought it was ruining the game. It's widely accepted and encouraged to "interact" with your neighbors by tapping on THEIR buildings for free eggs/xp/friend points, but if they set up THEIR town to maybe score a few eggs of their own from time to time...HEAVEN FORBID! We are playing a game after all, why not have a little friendly competitiveness? Some people's strategy is not trading egss at all, just put their dirty fingers all over your town, use you for what your worth, and leave you like a five dolla hooker in the night. All just so he can do the exact same thing to the next town..and the next and the next. Idk how fast yalls baskets are fillin but IMA GETS MINE BOY!!!!

Pink is my uncommon color, so if I accidentally gave away 100 of my pink eggs I could see being irritated by that. You know, by dint of the fact that they placed a basket for pink eggs, that they are probably not going to return the favor, so...

As far as your colorful, if crass, analogy, I've not gotten many eggs gifted by friends and I haven't really had a chance to gift many (100 a pop is a lot, son, and yeah, I'm saving for golden eggs.) I'm not fuming that my neighbors are not giving me their hard-earned eggs for free, and I hope they are likewise not fuming that I am not gifting them. I can go do the work to visit their town and obtain eggs that way, and my friends have the option to do the same.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    They don't need to hide it people will still accidentally give them eggs anyways... But ya if people really do do that then that's the cheapest thing I ever heard of. I put my baskets by the spawn in my town and I don't hide them but yet my friends still donate (or accidentally click whatever comes first) also you know how this event was suppose to get us to be more "social" well if anything its doing the opposite. Well I always like to spray paint my friends towns so they could get more money and xp but now since I don't get eggs i'm not doing that until the event ends. Also since there is no confirmation screen for the egg baskets we all hate each other guts for putting them in bad places or right next to each other. Now people are trying to trick their friends to get more eggs... Well hopefully we can go back to being nice after this event but until then enjoy the tapped out hunger games whoever gets all the prizes wins!

That's a good spot even though it doesn't matter where because they will be located but I do think it's cheap hiding behind a building because of the accidentally leaving wrong egg
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Man... a neighbor that did this wouldn't be my neighbor for much longer.
  • young_russ696
    17 posts
    edited April 2014
    IF we had a messaging feature we could talk * over the fence for stealing our eggs. Then it'd be fun!
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited April 2014
    You can't hide a basket. Sure you can put the basket itself out of sight, but the egg thing still floats in plain sight.
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I wondered why I saw the sign but not the basket in a neighbor's town. I've literally given away thousands of eggs. But this doesn't sit well with me. I'd rather give them away because I WANT to. I wouldn't want to be tricked into doing it. I honestly hope I don't come across this again. :(
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I wondered why I saw the sign but not the basket in a neighbor's town. I've literally given away thousands of eggs. But this doesn't sit well with me. I'd rather give them away because I WANT to. I wouldn't want to be tricked into doing it. I honestly hope I don't come across this again. :(

Couldn't agree more. I've been giving away my common eggs lately to get the others but there are a couple I don't give too because their baskets are too close together and I don't want to tap the wrong one. I only have 1 that put baskets behind some houses but they're easy enough to spot so it doesn't really bother me. I would just like to be the to decide when and how much to give and not because of some trick.
  • jofre_nash
    1179 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I gotta accept that I have hidden some baskets, but only the glitched ones that I couldn't put in my inventory. Many of my neighbors have hidden ones too but is easy to spot the signs.

It bothers me more when a neighbor has a blue basket just adjacent to a pink basket. I have lost many blue eggs (not my common color) this way tapping the wrong basket.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    People can do what they want as its easy to see, I just don't donate In that town as I disagree with it.
  • daftfung
    27 posts
    edited April 2014
    i just skip when i see a bunch of different color baskets huddling altogether. there's always another neighbor town that i can fill
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    You can't hide a basket. Sure you can put the basket itself out of sight, but the egg thing still floats in plain sight.

Very True :) Plus the little icon in the top right takes you to the baskets anyway so dont really see the point in hiding them :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • bagndrag420
    361 posts
    edited April 2014
    jofre_nash wrote:
    It bothers me more when a neighbor has a blue basket just adjacent to a pink basket. I have lost many blue eggs (not my common color) this way tapping the wrong basket.

I just don't donate to people who do this. If you want to make it hard for me to help you then I won't help easy as that
  • jofre_nash
    1179 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    jofre_nash wrote:

I just don't donate to people who do this. If you want to make it hard for me to help you then I won't help easy as that

Exactly, all my "eggable" baskets are in my landing zone, blue baskets away from pink. Easy and effective.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.