EA Forums - Banner

Am I the only one kind of sick of EA's 4th wall-breaking meta trolling?

drumnman
1475 posts Member
I actually think it's funny when they do stuff like that.

Replies

• mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Nope, I find it highly amusing. :lol:
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I guess once or twice it was funny, but now it just seems mean-spirited. And it's relentless!

P.S. And this is, what... the 3rd straight event where the writers tapped this same well?
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    I guess once or twice it was funny, but now it just seems mean-spirited. And it's relentless!

It's the Simpsons, it's what they do. Make fun of things. They're satirising EA as much as they are us. It's like how the show also makes fun of Fox.
  • kyaray
    875 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I usually find it very amusing, but with this event it kind of feels a bit mean spirited to me. Kind of like they're sticking it to us and laughing. The Simpson poke fun at everything though, so I guess we are fair game too:)
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    drumnman wrote:

It's the Simpsons, it's what they do. Make fun of things. They're satirising EA as much as they are us. It's like how the show also makes fun of Fox.

Yeah, I totally get that. I really do. But that is little salve to those (of us) who are running out of good will for the game.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    drumnman wrote:

Yeah, I totally get that. I really do. But that is little salve to those (of us) who are running out of goodwill for the game.

'Salve'! You're not sick, or dying, you're playing a game. Taking the jokes too seriously is probably bad for your health, and then you might need that salve. :lol:;)
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited April 2014

We're like Homer:

549add95a0166b78d54c64b1a92e658c_zps7d03daaf.jpg

And EA is mocking us:

b5b66e361b073df3d104a2c71191cde1_zps3652d8d6.jpg

And wants us to spend money on the game: :lol:

15ce81b060d59dd497aa07954870a57d_zpsee27ca58.jpg

• mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    But, to answer your original title question, no you're not the only one not to like the meta jokes, there's been plenty of comments by different people on here saying they don't like them. I guess those kind of jokes just aren't everyone's cup of tea.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    drumnman wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    drumnman wrote:

Yeah, I totally get that. I really do. But that is little salve to those (of us) who are running out of goodwill for the game.

'Salve'! You're not sick, or dying, you're playing a game. Taking the jokes too seriously is probably bad for your health, and then you might need that salve. :lol:;)

Uhhhh. It was a turn of phrase, my man. I'm not taking anything too seriously, nor am I implying that this game is having any sort of medical effect on me.

"salve" [sav, sahv]
    noun
    1. a medicinal ointment for healing or relieving wounds and sores.
    2. anything that soothes, mollifies, or relieves.

verb (used with object), salved, salv·ing.
    3. to soothe with or as if with salve; assuage: to salve one's conscience.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I knew it was a turn of phrase, I was just trying to keep things in perspective, and make with the funny a little. :)

Guess I should leave that to the game writers ;)
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited April 2014

I think if folks could just buy the things outright there would be a lot less rending of garments and gnashing of teeth.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    I knew it was a turn of phrase, I was just trying to keep things in perspective. :)

Considering some of the other threads here, I can appreciate this; however, I'm not trying to ignite a riot here. I'm merely seeing if I am alone in my frustrations with the game's persistent barrage of mocking the hand that feeds it.

Regardless, it's late and I need my beauty rest.

Tra-la!
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    drumnman wrote:

I think if folks could just buy the things outright there would be a lot less rending of garments and gnashing of teeth.

If one buys a boatload of donuts to spend on eggs they'll get all the prizes. And some have done just that.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    drumnman wrote:

Maybe. They might just have been trying to make things a little harder, for people that game the system, so that they didn't finish everything with weeks of the event left to go. Probably ended up making things a little too difficult, I think. I'm sure the feedback they get from this event will make them do the next event differently. That's the problem with trying new things in the market, sometimes you'll get hits, sometimes misses, but if you don't change things up, they'll get stale.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited April 2014

If one buys a boatload of donuts to spend on eggs they'll get all the prizes. And some have done just that.

I've dropped 150 donuts on eggs and have more fences, trees, and ponds than I want to admit, and I don't claim that EA has any liability in the fact that I spent those donuts. Heck, I'm not even saying EA owes me anything directly. But even after those thousands of eggs I still have several prizes I'm still hunting.

I guess all I'm asking is for the devs to ease off the overt taunting for while in future events where games of chance are involved. It could go a long way, I feel.

Ok, to bed for real. Thanks for the discussion, all! :)
  • kyaray
    875 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    drumnman wrote:

That's what she said. Did I use that right? No? Oh well, when in Rome. Still no? Oh well stay classy Springfield.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    kyaray wrote:
    drumnman wrote:

That's what she said. Did I use that right? No? Oh well, when in Rome. Still no? Oh well stay classy Springfield.

Lol, "I'll see myself out" :lol:
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    That's the way the corporate world works,brainwash you into purchasing there product by giving you some awesome story on how it works and how good it is, they butter it up so much that your sold before you even ask about the side affects. Take a good look around, that's your whole life and world, not just TSTO. But do you Beleive them? That's the question. Bet 99% of people say no. If they wernt lying, this place would be heaven. World peace, every man,woman and child to love each others as brothers and sisters. That's the truth. Then there would be no corporate greed as everyone would just have enough for what they need. Whats the point, there going to die poor anyway, can't take it with ya can you?
  • saijake
    91 posts
    edited April 2014
    It was funny at first, but the joke is getting kind of old. They over did it.
  • kjamma
    126 posts
    edited April 2014
    I'm with mwdalton - I tend to find that type of humor funny anyway though. Meh, we don't all have to agree.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.