EA Forums - Banner

(Survey) 4 questions about the Easter event

13Next

Replies

• mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited May 2014
    1) Everything except Father Sean, Shary Bobbins and Hugs Bunny.

2) Banana Dictatorship and Bunny #24601

3) Shary Bobbins

4) It’s good but not as good as WD or Halloween. I’d say it’s a close second to last years Valentine’s Event. I was disappointed on how you win the prizes and they don’t let you choose what you would like to stock. Also some prizes are clearly in the wrong boxes. The pond should have been to the Pink Box and the Umbrella to the Blue Box. The Pastel fences should have been either purchasable with game cash or being given by the Blue Box. If they wanted amazing fences for the Gold Box they should have gone with something crazy and fancy as H.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I think this is a good thread, so I'm bumping it.
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited May 2014
    Mathwall wrote:
    1. Nothing

2. Nothing

3.Everything

4.HATE IT

Hoped you like my opinions :)

Lol. You cut right to the chase and don't hold back. I like it. :P
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited May 2014
    nitespark wrote:
    I think they were insulting premium player (which I'm not). Homers quote was: "Hmm, I guess if people weren't suckers for collecting, EA would have no reason to keep updating this game." I take it to mean that we (EA) can have any **** prize system and you (premium playes/completionists) suckers will still give us dump trucks full of money.

I think they were definitely taking a jab at premium players (which I am). I just thought it was kind of harsh. I know they're trying to be funny, but there was a sting to the way they said it. It made me think, "oh, so you think I'm a sucker, but if I don't keep playing and giving you money, you'll stop updating the game". They made it sound as if they're doing us a favor by updating the game. Premium players along with the developers keep this game going. They're not doing us a favor because we pay ridiculous amounts of money to them. Both parties are getting something out of the deal. Anyways, I'm not really angry about it or anything. I just think it's a reckless game to play, mocking/delivering thinly-veiled threats to your paying customers. It's as if they think we're a nuisance. Gratitude (or even nothing at all) would be nicer than mockery. I certainly have expressed my gratitude to them in the form of compliments and continued purchases.
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited May 2014
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    Why does everyone here have the banana dictatorship? I wanted it since day one and I still haven't got it.

It took me forever to get too. I just got it a couple days ago. I know what you mean about everyone having it. I kept seeing it in my friends' towns and was getting really annoyed. Then, it just popped up one day. Personally, I'm not too crazy about the look of it. My favorite building is Johnny Fiestas. WAY cooler (and spicier :P ), IMO.
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm a big Tapped Out junkie (not to mention, a longtime forum lurker who just decided to start posting) and I love hearing people's opinions about various aspects of the game. I was just curious about how people are faring with this event. I know a lot of people are having a tough time with it, so I had 4 questions for anyone willing to answer. (I'll put my answers in a separate post.)

1) What have you won so far? Everything but Chirp Boy, Johnny Fiesta's, Father Sean, Sherry Bobbins

2) What is your favorite prize that you've won so far? Blocko

3) What prize(s) (including the Faberge egg) do you really want to win? Johnny Fiesta's, Father Sean, Sherry Bobbins

4) Easter Event 2014: Love it? Hate it? Apathetic about it? I give thumbs down, but it isn't really as bad as people say
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    1) What have you won so far?
    Three trees, two beach umbrellas, forty fences, one gate, five ponds, three egg piles, Blocko store, a set of alien topiaries, a flying rabbit, Banana Dictatorship, Hugs Bunny, Faberg? egg, and a partridge in a pear tree.

2) What is your favorite prize that you've won so far?
    Blocko store

3) What prize(s) (including the Faberge egg) do you really want to win?
    Shary Bobbins and Johnny Fiestas. Father Sean to a lesser extent, because characters are always good, but if I had to pick one it would be Shary.

4) Easter Event 2014: Love it? Hate it? Apathetic about it?
    Ugh. Well, I've been relatively lucky with the limited boxes I've gotten to open, but the grind for a spin on a roulette wheel is not fun. And the genius who decided common color eggs should go in the gold box should be fired. Fences and gates in the gold box is a choice that should at least lead to a demotion, if not a firing. I also think the fences should drop five at a time, instead of two and three.

I like the egg collecting idea and I like the prizes. Even most of the lesser decoration-type prizes, I have a use for, so they're good prizes.
    I don't like the gamble and the frustration that comes with it. It's really made worse by the underabundance of eggs, with diminishing returns on neighbor visits and the myriad problems with baskets.
    I don't like the lack of reliable gold egg sources. (The Faberg? egg could and should have been a gold egg generator.)
    The mechanics have just turned an event with a lot of potential into a hard slog, with spots of satisfaction too few and far between. Hate is a strong word, but I hope there's not another event with these mechanics.

Totally agree about the blue/pink eggs in the gold box. It's completely maddening. lol. I just opened a gold box and got 250 pink eggs. I'm a pink player and I've already received all the good prizes from those boxes. Very irritating to say the least. Then, the next one I opened was my 3rd gate. I bought a truckload of blue eggs + one of the big crates and the only good thing I got out of all of that was the Bunny #24601 and a Kang Topiary (which is just meh). I'm pretty much done spending money on this. All of those donuts for a bunch of egg piles and fences is just not worth it. I really enjoyed the egg collecting aspect too and the look of the whole thing. I don't want to be all negative. There was a lot of cool stuff with this event (the prizes were awesome), but this whole gambling thing, coupled with tons of lame, repeated prizes like egg piles, ponds, fences, etc was a bit annoying. I don't hate it at all (I just used "love it/hate it" because it's a common expression). It was great at first, but petered out for the second half of the event. I hope EA takes notes on the constructive criticism offered by many here (you had some good ideas, I like the gold egg from the Faberge egg idea). I think their ideas for this event have a lot of potential. It just needs some fine-tuning and less gambling.
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited May 2014
    1) What have you won so far? All the crappy blue/pink prizes, Father Sean, Banana Dictatorship, Kang Topiary, Egg Council Guy, Faberge Egg.

2) What is your favorite prize that you've won so far? Banana Dictatorship. I love the look of it, plus the name makes me laugh.

3) What prize(s) (including the Faberge egg) do you really want to win? THE BLOCKO STORE. I get irrationally angry when I see it in other friend's towns. If I don't get it, I can see me deleteing all friends who have it in a temper tantrum poutfest. Please EA, just let me buy the God damn store. And Shary Bobbins. But I will likely be a lot more rational if I don't get her. I know she has the worst odds. And I did get one shiny new character, Father Sean, to play with.

4) Easter Event 2014: Love it? Hate it? Apathetic about it? Worst. Event. Ever. It's good, in theory. Like communism. In practice, three wheels of hell? Oh EA, stop it. You sweet talker, you.

Lol. I know what you mean about prize envy. I had it for Johnny Fiestas. Fortunately, I got it before losing my mind and throwing my Kindle across the room. I, too, am on the verge of just accepting that I probably won't get Shary Bobbins. There's a glimmer of hope in there somewhere that's holding on though. I would love it if EA surprised us all on the last day of the event and gave us just one of the premium prizes that we haven't won yet. That would let me forgive all the basket glitches and egg piles and beach towels. One can dream, right? :wink:
  • rjb4930
    1 posts
    edited May 2014

Not much. The Egg Guy. About 21 fences sections, a few trees and several lakes

None.

Sherry Bobbins

Hate it. It's insulting to those of us players who have actually spent some money. I spend $100 per year on the biggest load of donuts and I think that is a very fair amount. I would like to use these donuts to buy premium characters such as Sherry Bobbins but all I can do is purchase eggs to purchase spins and maybe, just maybe I'll get her. But because if I'm going to spend money I want the sure thing, I won't purchase the eggs with donuts.

If EA does one more update like this, I'm done.
    Perhaps they really don't want to maintain this game anymore and are trying to find ways to get rid of us.
  • kjamma
    126 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm a big Tapped Out junkie (not to mention, a longtime forum lurker who just decided to start posting) and I love hearing people's opinions about various aspects of the game. I was just curious about how people are faring with this event. I know a lot of people are having a tough time with it, so I had 4 questions for anyone willing to answer. (I'll put my answers in a separate post.)

Okay, Mr/Ms Thinker. I am going to preface this by saying you can call me SemperUbiSubUbi (Latin FTW!)

1) Reading others' posts, I realize I've been ridiculously lucky. I did use donuts to buy eggs at the beginning and I got a good amount of stuff doing so, though hardly everything. I've heard I'm a sore winner, so I will leave out what I've won and just talk about question 3 when the time comes.

2) Hugs Bunny. I like a deadpan dude in cute decorations.

3) Father Sean.

4) Like (aka, between apathy/love.) There are plenty of other threads that cover the range of emotions tied up in this update. Myself? I learned a long time ago as a young lass playing Super Mario Brothers that if I'm ready to ragequit a game by throwing schtuff (controllers.... and these days, devices) that I need to get up and just walk away. To be fair though, my ire comes out in other facets: I have a lot of road rage, and walking away while driving a car isn't an option in most cases. So, it evens out in the grand scheme?
  • UnseenWarrior19
    56 posts New member
    edited May 2014
    1) egg council guy, banana dictatorship, Johnny fiestas
    2) Johnny fiestas
    3) hugs bunny
    4) hate it
  • fraudelong
    134 posts
    edited May 2014
    1) Banana Dictatorship, Father Sean, Faberg? Egg, Bunny #24601, a topiary, 35 Easter fences, Chirpy Boy & Bart Jr., two ponds, other misc. stuff.

2) Father Sean has awesome tasks and I like the Banana Dictatorship.

3) All I want is the Blocko Store. Has been my goal since the beginning.

4) I liked the questline and Easter tasks, and I like the zapping, and I like the prizes too, except the Egg Pile...I agree with everyone else though, they definitely needed more thought in the execution. Honestly, I like the thrill of a wheel, but I think Christmas 2013 was the perfect balance by having guaranteed prizes (even though I'm bitter about not having Helter Shelter).
  • Quemical
    152 posts
    edited May 2014
    Usual junk, along with Banana Dictatorship, Blocko Store, Bunny #.

Blocko store

Johnny Fiestas, Shary Bobbins. I don't care if i don't get the lizards or Father Sean, just those 2 would make me happy with the event. Well, maybe i want the Egg guy too.

A little upsetting, it was way much more grind than the other events. But don't totally hate it.
  • jennlevi
    70 posts
    edited May 2014
    1) What have you won so far? Everything crappy, Blocko Store 2 Kang topiaries, and somehow Father Sean & Faberge egg...

2) What is your favorite prize that you've won so far? Father Sean probably.

3) What prize(s) (including the Faberge egg) do you really want to win? I really want Johnny Fiesta's, and I'll be mad if my luck is so bad that I can't even get Chirpy Boy & Bart Jr. (since pink is my common freakin' color!), and Shary Bobbins the most. But honestly, I do want everything. Which would still leave the Egg Council guy, Kodos Topiary, Bunny #24601 AND Hugs Bunny. I have so far opened at least 61 boxes, and I'm still missing all that stuff.

4) Easter Event 2014: Love it? Hate it? Apathetic about it? Hate it. It's definitely the worst event I've played. My first and favorite event was Halloween 2013. I've tapped my **** off this event, and let me tell you, I'm getting reeeally sick of this game of chance crap.

Sady, I just don't think the developers take any pride in their work anymore, which is too bad because this game can be so awesome.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.