EA Forums - Banner

no more simpsons tapped out

Replies

• direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    When they do shut down the servers I hope they give us some sort of warning. I plan on making a poster of my town when it's all said and done. That way I have something to show for all my hard work.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited May 2014
    When they do shut down the servers I hope they give us some sort of warning. I plan on making a poster of my town when it's all said and done. That way I have something to show for all my hard work.

9QrHLZB.gif

Great idea :thumbup: never really thought of that
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited May 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    baddazoner wrote:
    EA will run out of stuff for the game and stop supporting it servers will be taken down shortly after that

they shut down servers of lots of old games and this will be the same.. they probably won't make it available offline either (why would you want to anyway it would get boring knowing there's nothing new coming)

for those that invested thousands in the game it's will be a tough luck thanks for the money from EA

The problem with EA is the deal they have made with FOX and the owners of The Simpsons, this game basically is a promo tool for new episodes and series, whch is why we get those ridiculous episode ties ins, however, if EA don't have a complex deal to promote new stuff, then if like us, they actually care about The Simpsons game, we have to remember that there are 26 seasons of quality stuff that could be implemented into the game, characters, buildings, cars, decorations and much more. There is so much creative content posted by people on here, the two that stick out in my mind, the original 'Chilli Cook-Off' idea posted by someone, and my own 'Attack Of The Homer Clones' - both these ideas have the potential to be a major event, and i have more ideas based along episodes. The only tricky part about this is the dialogue, some will come from the episode, most will have to be written to customise it. This game, for me, as long as EA stop the crap we have been getting lately (episode tie ins/Valentines event/Easter event), can go on for a long time to come. Just my thoughts though

on your second point, you are correct,. i have FIFA 1012 and can no longer access the servers or download anything for the game, quite frustrating. I've heard there are other gamers who can't access EA's servers to older titles anymore either.

Yea the game will keep going while the show is still going which I see going up until at least after season 30. And not to mention they also have the movie and the games and the comic series they can add to the game plus the developers have said that if they do a sequel film it'd be after the series ends so I think the game would end about 2 or 3 years after the series ends
  • LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited May 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Talking to the EA head develepor the other day, for work, he told me Tapped Out has already exceeded the envisioned lifespan. 2015 is their finish line.

What ridiculous notions. 1) That EA would pull the plug on a game that is clearly still profitable for them (simply look at the gross rankings). 2) That you talked to the EA head developer.

One of the only things I could see ending this is if Fox pulled their license, and I can't make sense of that either.

How dare you doubt the words of wisdom?! ;)
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited May 2014
    I think even if they stopped making content the severs would still be open for a year or two then just shut it down when the people numbers go down drastically enough to warrant it being closed. Tbh I don't think I have ever gone back to a game to ever notice that it's be deactivated. Lol
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited May 2014
    I think even if they stopped making content the severs would still be open for a year or two then just shut it down when the people numbers go down drastically enough to warrant it being closed. Tbh I don't think I have ever gone back to a game to ever notice that it's be deactivated. Lol

Very true :) This could be what happens, life without the Simpsons Tapped out....makes me shudder just thinking about it

CjLvTuu.gif
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited May 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    baddazoner wrote:
    EA will run out of stuff for the game and stop supporting it servers will be taken down shortly after that

they shut down servers of lots of old games and this will be the same.. they probably won't make it available offline either (why would you want to anyway it would get boring knowing there's nothing new coming)

for those that invested thousands in the game it's will be a tough luck thanks for the money from EA

The problem with EA is the deal they have made with FOX and the owners of The Simpsons, this game basically is a promo tool for new episodes and series, whch is why we get those ridiculous episode ties ins, however, if EA don't have a complex deal to promote new stuff, then if like us, they actually care about The Simpsons game, we have to remember that there are 26 seasons of quality stuff that could be implemented into the game, characters, buildings, cars, decorations and much more. There is so much creative content posted by people on here, the two that stick out in my mind, the original 'Chilli Cook-Off' idea posted by someone, and my own 'Attack Of The Homer Clones' - both these ideas have the potential to be a major event, and i have more ideas based along episodes. The only tricky part about this is the dialogue, some will come from the episode, most will have to be written to customise it. This game, for me, as long as EA stop the crap we have been getting lately (episode tie ins/Valentines event/Easter event), can go on for a long time to come. Just my thoughts though

on your second point, you are correct,. i have FIFA 1012 and can no longer access the servers or download anything for the game, quite frustrating. I've heard there are other gamers who can't access EA's servers to older titles anymore either.

Yea the game will keep going while the show is still going which I see going up until at least after season 30. And not to mention they also have the movie and the games and the comic series they can add to the game plus the developers have said that if they do a sequel film it'd be after the series ends so I think the game would end about 2 or 3 years after the series ends

i don't know i don't see the show making it to 30 it's pretty much running on fumes now... plus they plan to kill off a character soon as well who knows how that would impact the show.

(rumor is sideshow bob might be the one killed.. all they said is the voice actor has got a emmy for the character and it isn't any of the characters voice by hank azaria or immediate Simpsons family)

• kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited May 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    If the game did come to and end, they could set it up so the game continued to play offline as it were, would defo be a shame to see this game end :( It is without a doubt my fav phone game app of all time :D

:thumbup: Definitely would agree with you. It would just stop updating and stick around just for us to log in and tap and nothing more.

I must say, a new addiction is spreading already as a backup for when this game does eventually stop going online. And that addiction is.....Clash of Clans. MUAHAHAHAHHAA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • haburbian
    93 posts
    edited May 2014
    We'd have to set up a forum for withdrawal symptoms!
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    "This is the end, my only friend, the end"...
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I would never buy another EA product and I'm sure others would do the same.

yup

for me it would be the end of these kind of games where you pay to play
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited May 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    If the game did come to and end, they could set it up so the game continued to play offline as it were, would defo be a shame to see this game end :( It is without a doubt my fav phone game app of all time :D

:thumbup: Definitely would agree with you. It would just stop updating and stick around just for us to log in and tap and nothing more.

One down side would be we wouldnt be able to visit neighbours anymore :( but that being said if i could still play my game i would be happy :D
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited May 2014
    haburbian wrote:
    We'd have to set up a forum for withdrawal symptoms!

Now that would be funny, all posts about remember this and remember that :lol:
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited May 2014
    If they did ( :shock: ) my only hope is they'd give us one final month to redesign/perfect our towns and then send us an auto generated panorama of it to our registered email address. Would make a cool desktop background
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited May 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    If they did ( :shock: ) my only hope is they'd give us one final month to redesign/perfect our towns and then send us an auto generated panorama of it to our registered email address. Would make a cool desktop background

That would be cool if they did that :D
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    mpwarner wrote:

I would be REALLY cool if they put it on a mouse pad, or a coffee mug. All of the completionists would have a physical moments of what they spent hundreds of dollars on.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited May 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    mpwarner wrote:

I would be REALLY cool if they put it on a mouse pad, or a coffee mug. All of the completionists would have a physical moments of what they spent hundreds of dollars on.

Yet another good idea :thumbup: Dont think i would allow anyone near my coffee mug if it had my town on it as i would go mad if someone broke it washing it up or just dropped it infront of me :shock:

I think a nice big blow up (high quality) poster (framed) would be good to have as well :D
  • philippama998
    739 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Your signature says it all, thats what would happen if they shut it down (and extend the easter event):

fxqd6o.gif
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited May 2014
    I was gonna post a similar thing, what with the show supposedly ending at some point.

So what would people want the game to do in a Simpson less show world? "Tie ins" to old episodes, more events to replace tie ins? Would you guys be interested in playing of they just did the usual events like Easter/Christmas/Halloween?
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited May 2014
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.