EA Forums - Banner

End of chance based events petition!

Replies

• heatherbea444
    232 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:
    I hope all you guys realize.....if EA made a lot of money from this event, they'll keep doing things this way.

^^this. I spent another ten bucks yesterday *hoping* that I'd get Shary or Hugs. I received neither. I decided no more spending money on the random things like this. I'll keep spending when I can outright buy a character or something though.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I realize this is a waste of bits on the interwebz, but signed...
  • sdohert4
    3 posts
    edited May 2014
    Sdohert4
  • daielvisgm
    105 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    LanceUppercut808

The chance based events really suck all the fun out of an event and turn it into a chore. I play this game to avoid doing chores. :mrgreen:

agree %1000
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm all for this. If they do make chance based events please make them with better odds and with one currency. Also this is how I imagined Ea when they thought of this event
  • bagndrag420
    361 posts
    edited May 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:
    I hope all you guys realize.....if EA made a lot of money from this event, they'll keep doing things this way.

And if they do I'll be sure to not buy anymore. I have bought more then one boatload in history I'm sure I'm not alone in the high spending players who aren't going to anymore
  • tehs1mps0ns
    35 posts
    edited May 2014
    I stopped playing after I bought a second box. Today i pressed the game icon accidentally and noticed an update. Came here to read funny comments about another (perhaps, I don't know) lame update. Anyway my actions speak louder than my words and my signature. And I vote with my wallet.
  • NaYoung763
    57 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    This...
    And I vote with my wallet.

...is the only thing that will carry any weight. Complain and vote all we want, if this is a financial success for EA, they will do it again.

Not spending $$$ on boxes is how to make your voice heard. With that being said, I humbly join the angry mob :!:
  • mrobinson666873
    214 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    NaYoung763 wrote:
    This...
    And I vote with my wallet.

...is the only thing that will carry any weight. Complain and vote all we want, if this is a financial success for EA, they will do it again.

Not spending $$$ on boxes is how to make your voice heard. With that being said, I humbly join the angry mob :!:

This event has already convinced me to go freemium after spending 15 doughnuts on a box and getting nothing it hadn't already gotten.
  • computingl152
    42 posts
    edited May 2014
    maybe for the 4th of July they will have fireworks with 4 different colors. To light one you will need to collect 4 different color matches. 1 firework for 500 matches. 1 match ever 5 minutes will spawn randomly. You could visit friends for matches but they nerfed the match totals so 100 friends will only get you a tiny bit more than 20 friends. You could buy matches with donuts but the odds of getting anything good are so small that when you win the crap prizes you feel buyers remorse.

Buyers remorse EA. In case you have not heard of it here is the definition.

"Buyer's remorse is the sense of regret after having made a purchase. It is frequently associated with the purchase of an expensive item such as a car or house. It may stem from fear of making the wrong choice, guilt over extravagance, or a suspicion of having been overly influenced by the seller."
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited May 2014
    Signed

:x
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited May 2014
    I kinda don't mind chance based prizes. I just wish they'd remove the stupid stuff from the grand prize wheel like fences and decorations. I need 5 more fences to get donuts.
  • jippy6048
    539 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm in. EA I'm happy to spend real money on this game but it's a game called tapped out. I like to tap things - I will happily tap 1000's of things. I do not like chance based rewards. I don't want chance I want to tap and be rewarded for tapping.

This event would have been fine if there were more eggs and you could help your friends more. Visiting had virtually no advantage for you or your friends. This made me saddest of all.

I couldn't agree more. During past events I was able to share much more with all my neighbors. This event has turned most of us into egg hoarders! Finally got enough for a gold box today only to be rewarded with my 4th gate! :evil: I've been playing since September 2012 and this event prize system is THE WORST!

Please EA take notice and stop the wheels and boxes of chance!

Signed jippy6048
  • RobbirdPants
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I agree.

RobbirdPants
  • gidgetteandivory
    120 posts
    edited May 2014
    I hate the gambling aspect of this event. Go back to personal and community prizes.
  • jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I tried to sign but the pen ruined my screen!

Hear that ea? You owe me a new phone!!!!!

In all seriousness, I've long said chance has little place in a game like this and this event has only emboldened that viewpoint. I, like many others will not be buying doughnuts unless they show they're willing to listen to us for a change and not just mock us in the in game dialogue.
  • jimmyw31
    212 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    maybe for the 4th of July they will have fireworks with 4 different colors. To light one you will need to collect 4 different color matches. 1 firework for 500 matches. 1 match ever 5 minutes will spawn randomly. You could visit friends for matches but they nerfed the match totals so 100 friends will only get you a tiny bit more than 20 friends. You could buy matches with donuts but the odds of getting anything good are so small that when you win the crap prizes you feel buyers remorse.

Shhh. They're listening.

JimmyW31
  • HappyTrailsToo
    26 posts
    edited May 2014
    I don't post very often but this I couldn't resist. Tired of the stupid chance prizes. I won't spend donuts lo increase my chances of getting the good stuff because I don't need another pond, gate or tree. I am willing to purchase things, not chances. :?
  • moltenheel
    62 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Petition signed..... Will not characters :(
    Moltenheel
  • cooldaddy421
    249 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    cooldaddy421
    henrypym421
    henrypym666

Petition signed
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.