EA Forums - Banner

Should I buy all land? Scared of crashing the game

It's the amount of stuff you have on the land that crashes the game.

Replies

• spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I have avoided buying too much land with this fear in mind, but mostly because I don't know what I would fill it with!
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    spiffshine wrote:
    I have avoided buying too much land with this fear in mind, but mostly because I don't know what I would fill it with!
    Same here. I also figure that they will eventually add more and more items to the game and my town will grow with each update.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    With all the wheelbarrows of money rolling in I've decided to buy a few strips of land surrounding my rectangle. I'll keep everything as it is for now and just expand in preparation for a future redesign. I see another burning bush in one of the squares too, which is nice.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6308 posts Moderator
    edited December 2012
    I only buy land when I need it. There's no point in buying a bunch of land if it's gonna stay empty. I like my town to stay as neatly & nicely decorated as possible. Without overdoing it. Land is already expensive as it is. Next time I buy some, I'm gonna have to expand to the west and start moving what I have over there there to make room for newer buildings. I've been expanding only to the south.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I only buy land when I need it. There's no point in buying a bunch of land if it's gonna stay empty. I like my town to stay as neatly & nicely decorated as possible. Without overdoing it. Land is already expensive as it is. Next time I buy some, I'm gonna have to expand to the west and start moving what I have over there there to make room for newer buildings. I've been expanding only to the south.

I've always been the same, only buying land when I need to and have always had a plan for what was going there.

However, I have the money now and no need to save for anything in particular (and will still have plenty left over for the next update) so I'm going to take the opportunity to branch out. The thing is, just by adding a few strips it won't give me the sort of huge extra plot I need to do a proper redesign - everything's got its place already right now and jiggling things about a little bit won't be worth the effort. That's why I'm going to keep everything where it is and only finally redesign once I have a lot more land ready to move into, which will take a while to accumulate.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6308 posts Moderator
    edited December 2012
    I know the feeling Sonny lol
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Welp, two whole new strips now bought. Cost: $500K. Still have $200K left over. Just cleaning up all the trash got me a couple of grand back, plus a donut. It was uniquely satisfying.
  • PearsonGW
    79 posts
    edited December 2012
    I had a small town and then quickly realised that to have the design I really wanted would require a lot of space as I want massive plots of land for certain ideas, both original and stolen (tony im definitely building a stadium, hope you don't mind!) . I'm a little OCD about it maybe, but I want Springfield to be a CITY, and not just a village!

With this in mind I'm blue house farming for a month or so to gain $ for land expansion and go from there! It'll be a city of beauty once I'm finished mark my words!
  • shabu922
    176 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I've got all the land and most of it filled with buildings, deocrations, etc, and so far just an occasional glitch. My glitches have been getting logged out of origin, or game just shutting down. So far, nothing lost *fingers crossed*
  • Bcoolj
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    Hmmmm, I make $120,000 every8hours on the blue house and stop building them because I scared of a crash.
    I like having parks and parking lots for stores/buildings. I only have about 10 lots to buy.

Maybe to save on space I should just upgrade my blue houses to White House (less space n more money)?
    Any other suggestions?
  • ccape584
    41 posts
    edited December 2012
    if you have the $ go for it.
  • fspj
    70 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've got a long way to go to buy ALL the land, but I would. I love using water, so I'd just create huge bodies of water including lakes and rivers. Actually, that's what I'm working toward. Just saving cash right now so I can buy more land and spread things out a bit more.
  • oneitunesbabe182
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have all the land, the only crashes I had we're with lots of decorations.
  • Bcoolj
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thanks oneitunesgirl. I think upgrade the house's and then I take the leap and buy alittle more land. If you own all the land it it working I think the land is not the crashing issue it's to much detail
  • MoopsDude
    328 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I have all the land, the only crashes I had we're with lots of decorations.
    Yes same here also.
    Yes, THAT MoopsDude

I GRIND, It’s what I do
  • shermansen
    105 posts
    edited December 2012
    In theory, if you buy up all the land and clear it of trash you'll be less likely to crash since you reduce the number of objects loaded.
  • Bcoolj
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    That's a good theory, never thought of it that way
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    I just turn all my "excess" land into water.
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    rs876 wrote:
    I just turn all my "excess" land into water.

That's a really good idea. It would look beautiful instead of just empty.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.