EA Forums - Banner

Overall, I like the Easter Event! Who's with me?

Replies

• teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I have enjoyed 90% of how the event has worked so far. The prizes available were way better than those for the Valentine's event, which were pretty much just decorations that don't really work too well in a town especially with 8 or 9 multiples of each one. I am not a player who expects to be given every prize for free - anyone who played daily surely has gotten at least a couple of the building/character prizes and the buildings available in this event all look really good compared to the Christmas buildings. I also love the idea of the two different 'common' colors and associated basket trading system to help out neighbors, and hope that continues in future events. I loved that a new level was released during the event to provide even more new buildings and characters, and who doesn't want a giant walking piece of sh...fudge in their towns?

My suggestions for improvement are that I believe the more valuable gold eggs should have been available for purchase from the beginning of the event, even if there had been a higher donut cost for gold eggs than for the same number of blue or pink ones. Selling 9 gold spins for 50 donuts when people have already been spending 50 donuts for a significantly less valuable 9 blue or pink spins seems unfair - donuts should not change in value arbitrarily once their value has been established. Also, get rid of the 250 blue or pink egg prizes in the gold boxes, which require at least a 1000 blue or pink egg investment in order to buy one gold box.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • dzjaag
    30 posts
    edited May 2014
    I can't really complain because I've won almost every character I wanted, but still not having the Fabrege Egg is a bit disappointing and reading other people's posts illustrates how unfair this event truly is. I am as freemium as you can get and yet I have most of the good stuff, whereas others have wasted real money and have nothing but trees or beach towels to show for it (one of my neighbours has a whole beach lined with beach towels, poor sod). So although I do like the event, overall, this being my first event :lol: , I still understand why some people (a lot of people) are complaining. And today's addition of golden eggs being available for purchase seemed like an especially cynical move, considering the desperation of some people and how near the event is to it's end.
    But at the end of the day, the company exists to make money so I suppose from their point of view everything goes, as long as people are willing to pay them.
  • robynou
    147 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    The ONLY reason I have all buildings and 2 of the 3 playable characters is because of tax time. I had extra cash and spent a lot of money on this game. I bought eggs and that is the only way I have gotten all the best items except for Father Sean. I really want Father Sean.

But I hope there is a chance for others to win the items they are lacking esp. for those who don't use money on the game.

All in all, I think it is a good one. I have only been playing since late December so I don't have a lot of events to base it on. I am looking forward to any summer updates. When I visit other neighbors towns and I see what they have that I don't I get so envious! If I want ANYTHING in my town it is zombies. Summer zombies are a thing, right? :lol:
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited May 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    "but daddy I want to win ALL of the prizes!!!"

salt.jpeg

LOL. Nicely put. Now that's all I'm gonna think about whenever I read someone complaining about this event.

You know what you are wrong, I don't want to win anything. Last year during WD event I happily bought snake to complete the event, would have done the same this year...but I don't gamble. When I buy something I like a a clear price for it so I know how much I will be charged at the register...I'm crazy like that. This game is called tapped out, not gamble away, the Simpsons at Vegas or the Simpsons' wheels of luck. If I wanted or liked to gamble in a game I would play another one.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited May 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:

salt.jpeg
    now that's Funny! :lol:

This is EA's worse update so far, but I don't hate it. Just got an inventory full of sh...stuff I don't need or want :lol: But other than that, iv enjoyed the little things like the bunnies, humming birds and the sound effects. And the ribbons on the hedges and trees. :mrgreen:
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited May 2014
    This is my reaction to this...
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:

salt.jpeg

LOL. Nicely put. Now that's all I'm gonna think about whenever I read someone complaining about this event.

You know what you are wrong, I don't want to win anything. Last year during WD event I happily bought snake to complete the event, would have done the same this year...but I don't gamble. When I buy something I like a a clear price for it so I know how much I will be charged at the register...I'm crazy like that. This game is called tapped out, not gamble away, the Simpsons at Vegas or the Simpsons' wheels of luck. If I wanted or liked to gamble in a game I would play another one.

I'll add another point to that - With Whacking Day I didn't get half of the prizes because I only just started playing, but that didn't bother me at all because I knew I COULD win them, either by playing harder OR by speeding it up with donuts.

The difference with this event is you can do neither of those things. The more you play doesn't guarantee the more you win, and all donuts can do for you is buy you more chances, which are more likely than not going to just win you the same decorations you already have ten million of.

I don't care if I don't win all the prizes if it's down to the amount of work I put into something. It's when it's a random game of chance deciding what I do or do not get that it starts to ruin the fun.
  • devdoctor
    52 posts
    edited May 2014
    Oatmeal832 wrote:
    But I'll say this: the event's kept me MUCH more involved in the game than I've been in months. Between Valentine's Day and Easter, I wasn't spending all that much time with the game, but since Easter, I've logged in a good 20 times a day.

Some of the earlier events - especially Valentine's - were probably TOO easy. I finished so early that I lost interest well before it finished. Same thing with Christmas and Halloween - I had all the prizes a good 10-14 days before they ended so I was sick of them before they finished....

I will totally give you this: this is the first time I'm not begging EA to end the event because I finished early and I'm bored of it dragging on forever. Instead, I'm begging them to end it to simply end the torture.

Kingmob, I'm happy you and others are happy. I really am. The world needs happy people. And it's also good to point out positives. But you do need to understand there are others who are rightfully frustrated and have no real way to express it because EA customer service doesn't exist. Of those who stated how happy you are, how many of you have failed to see a basket in nearly two weeks? How many of you have been unable to do any kind of egg trading with neighbors for nearly two weeks? I've been playing multiple times a day, literally scrounging for eggs in neighbors' yards, barely able to earn a box per day, and have managed to gather way too many ponds, trees, and blankets. I still haven't gotten the Blocko store or Johnny Fiesta's, and I'm still 18 fences away from the lousy 15 donuts. This may all seem like complaining to you if you're not in the same boat, but for the rest of us it's hard to appreciate the positivies or even enjoy the game when we're not allowed to play it the way it's supposed to be played.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited May 2014
    I thought the buildings were awesome, but the main prize I was after was Sharry Bobbins. Father Sean didn't really care for, and the rest are either idle taskless characters and/or Easter characters.

The positives:
    - new buildings
    - Sharry Bobbins
    - bunny zapping was easy
    - baskets were cool (and the sounds of the zapper)
    - Spring time sound effects
    - Level update midway through
    - Homer's, Ralph's, Nelson's, Ned's, and Moe's task
    - Crazy Cat Lady (came with a unique house!)
    - generators have a solid design, easy to place
    - both fences, gate, towel/umbrella, trees - liked the decorations (just not the quantity won)

Negatives:
    - having a feeding system of eggs (blue & pink) just to get to Gold (until now)
    - having to win waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many duplicate decorations - there should be a cap on each decoration & option to buy extras
    - gold box had probably the worst odds and hardest to get. non-premium decorations should not be present
    - being a chance based prize system
    - no whacking day items
    - chance-based event to find rare egg
    - basket glitches (can't find until rare egg was found)
    - caps on the prize boxes were too high (80 gold boxes was way too high)

The content was pretty good - which I did enjoy, the negatives all come from the gameplay and design of the event. Could have been much better. Not counting the mini events (Thanksgiving, Valentines, Saint Patricks, Super Bowl, episode tie-ins, etc) - I deem it the worst since the gameplay and design was mostly horrible (only comparing to full fledged events, Halloween (both), Christmas (both) and Whacking Day). Loved the new characters, buildings, tasks and all the small touches.
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    I've started a bandwagon in my signature...who's with me? :mrgreen: i'll add you to the wagon
    no3bXyv.jpg
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited May 2014

Ya, it's not gambling. When you gamble you either win something on don't win anything at all. There is no consolation prize when you are gambling.
  • Unlikelyend
    55 posts
    edited May 2014
    I not with you. I like the whole eatstern idea and there are a lot of nice collectibles, but I hate the wheel of fortune idea. REALLY HATE IT!!

I am a day one player and got everything the game offers till now. Spent some real money for it and this event is by far the leader if it becomes to spending donuts.

But happy to have all, now I can enjoy again LOL
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited May 2014

Ya, it's not gambling. When you gamble you either win something on don't win anything at all. There is no consolation prize when you are gambling.

I think when they see the Easter Tree, fencing, etc they consider it as "not winning anything". It's more not winning anything worthy, but you are right you do win something as opposed to nothing at all.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    i really liked this event.

Of course, I dont have all the prizes, but thats ok.

The event still is not over and I still plan on buying more golden eggs to get sherri bobbets.

Even if i dont get everything i'm still satisfied with what i did receive :-)
  • keithzilla208
    287 posts
    edited May 2014
    Overall I think it was a decent event though I had been saving donuts for whacking day snakes (wasn't a player until after that event).

Got a few things I wanted and I can live without the others. Might be tempted if they offered things directly but I am about ready for this to end. Can't win them all.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited May 2014

Come on it is gambling. The fact that there are consolation prizes doesn't chance anything to the gambling part of the game. I collect eggs, than I go place a bet of 500 eggs for a chance at winning an undetermined prized...that's gamblings.

And by the way one could argue that the consolation prizes are less valuable than your 500 eggs...which would make you a loser...so your consolation prize is not really a prize but in reality a lost...
  • sacrlc
    15 posts
    edited May 2014
    I for one am having fun with this event. I love the bunnies, one was on the boardwalk and it dug a hole and went in like it was on land. It would have been cool if it dug the hole, water sprang out, the bunny put on a life vest and dove in. When I'm zapping the bunnies ( I do them one at a time) I keep humming "kill the wabbit, kill the WABbit....." from "What's Opera, Doc?". Love the cat lady when she throws bunnies.

Most of the prizes I can use in the town. However the 6 Kang topiaries and the 21 ponds are a bit much. Hope I can sell them off later otherwise they will remain in storage. Got some good prizes, bunny hugger, blocko, banana dictatorship, Johnny Fiesta's among other things.

It's funny going to Krustyland and seeing lots and lots of bunnies - it's like ants all over the place.

As for the other themed holiday events, I ended up making a "Krusty Park" in Springfield. I have valentine land, Christmas land, Halloween land, space and laboratory land, etc where I put my "prizes" that I can't use anywhere else. It would be nice if I could put them in Krustyland like the tunnel of love, but alas, it can't be done.

All I want now is Sherry Bobbins. Probably won't be that lucky but a gal can hope.

• kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:

I think when they see the Easter Tree, fencing, etc they consider it as "not winning anything". It's more not winning anything worthy, but you are right you do win something as opposed to nothing at all.

Yeah, and that's entitlement and the belief that in life you should always win something. And there's no arguing with those people.

I keep saying it, but TSTO has spoiled people by giving too much stuff over the life of the game. I'm still shocked that you don't have to spend more to get the kinds of things you do in the game. There's some amazing Freemium towns out there. I really can't see myself creating a cool Freemium Family Guy town (damn ugly design in that game).

Furthermore, how many donuts will people have ended up with by the end of this event. With all the whining, that's hardly been touched on.

I've heard some crazy stories about 7 in a visit, and while I've never had that, I've had at least 1 a visit on average. That's pretty damn good when you factor in the 15 for the fences (yeah, remember that, not only do you get the fence, you also get donuts too!!).

• finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited May 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:

Yeah, and that's entitlement and the belief that in life you should always win something. And there's no arguing with those people.

I keep saying it, but TSTO has spoiled people by giving too much stuff over the life of the game. I'm still shocked that you don't have to spend more to get the kinds of things you do in the game. There's some amazing Freemium towns out there. I really can't see myself creating a cool Freemium Family Guy town (damn ugly design in that game).

Furthermore, how many donuts will people have ended up with by the end of this event. With all the whining, that's hardly been touched on.

I've heard some crazy stories about 7 in a visit, and while I've never had that, I've had at least 1 a visit on average. That's pretty damn good when you factor in the 15 for the fences (yeah, remember that, not only do you get the fence, you also get donuts too!!).

I never wrote or said that I am entitle to have everything for free, read my post correctly... I don't want to buy eggs than gamble them away without knowing the outcome. Tell me how many donuts you want me to spend for Johnny Fiesta, than I will decide if I want it or not. Don't tell me : buy eggs than bet them on a box than maybe you will win it... I don't gamble. This is not The Simpsons Boxes of Luck this game is The Simpsons Tapped Out. Before Xmas this game had never been about betting your donuts on speculated prizes during special event. You could either work really hard at it or buy some currency to complete it. In addition there was limited items you could choose to buy with donuts. That formula worked just fine. Many people who aren't happy with the chance based event are Premium players just like me and never complained about the price of items, when the price is clear it is to every player to decide if they want to buy it or not.
  • ambodice
    107 posts
    edited May 2014
    groovephil wrote:
    People who enjoy this event are the kind of people who enjoy S&M.

End of.

#1 :thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!