EA Forums - Banner

Now that it's over rate the Easter update

Replies

• 1nbxfan
    183 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    The event ended up broken either because of the level update or the end of the Easter quest line. I say this because many, including myself, stopped receiving baskets. That made it very difficult to generate enough eggs. This is the 2nd event for me that has been broken, this one not so bad. Whacking day was the worst event for me as for the entire event I was unable to whack snakes in anyone elses town but, this was just as frustrating. As to many people have already mentioned, the three prize wheels (boxes) stacked with lack of eggs made it a very difficult event. It was a constant slap in the face to receive common eggs or even uncommon eggs once you finally got to open a gold box as well. Happened over and over.
  • ThunderRam
    60 posts
    edited May 2014
    I give it a B.

This is the first even in a long time where all the prizes (except egg piles) can be used to spruce up your town.

The fences look good next to the brewery and the fudge factory. A lot of people have the pastel fences next to Block-O, plus you can create a playground with those..

The ponds actually look natural, unlike the Valentine's ponds, which don't really fit in anywhere. I'm hoping for one more pond, actually.

Only the egg piles and trees are pretty useless.

I lucked out and got the 3 buildings + Hugs + Faberge egg w/o any donuts, so I can't say anything too bad. Even tho I'm one stinkin fence away from 15 donuts.

Things I didn't like were having common eggs in the uncommon box and having to get to 500 for even a chance to spin. Plus only 30 eggs for 16 hour tasks? Seemed low, especially when Homer in a 12 hour got 25.

• chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I voted D... Nice atmosphere... But the odds were so bad... Unfortunaley only good approaches...
    Poor execution...
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    EA just needs to go back to community based prizes and forget the wheels and boxes of chance.
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    C for excellent prizes but an awful concept. Previous events were based on chance but not to such a severe degree. EA need to work hard to win back some loyal yet jaded fans.
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    WORST F#@% EVER EVENT......... so far.....

Would love to read Josh's remarks on this. Pity he's gone.

I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I gave it a C. The prizes were good, the bunnies were fun. The downfall was the whole chance aspect of acquiring the prizes and serious in-game issues. I visited 100 friends just about every day, always sent characters on egg-generating tasks, and constantly grew carrots, and I still missed out on 5 pretty big items. To me, that's pretty absurd. As for the in-game issues, the lack of baskets (it was a glitch, yes?) defeated the whole social aspect of this event and made it damn near impossible to complete.
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited May 2014
    Worst. Event. Ever.
  • vanettoonl726
    229 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Had to give it an F. Just comparing it to past events, it deserves an F. Halloween was a lot of fun with great prizes. Christmas was even better, IMO, plus all the beautiful snow. Valentine's Day was a disappointment but at least it was brief and not too tough to get the prizes. Actually, if I were to grade all the events I've played, it would be:

Halloween 2013: A-
    Christmas 2013: A
    Valentine's Day 2014: D+
    Easter: F

If I were to separately grade the Friendship Points prize system, I'd give that a solid "B".
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited May 2014
    I enjoyed it, and now I miss the bunnies. That said, the odds were idiocy, they should have replaced items like the topiaries and the eggs should have been more available, 12hr tasks should have given 250 not 25. So yeah, good not great. You cant complain about buying eggs when you knew the odds going on. So a b minus for me.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    B = It was good but it could've been better! :-\
  • Linkster79
    82 posts
    edited May 2014
    I got 9 ponds, 5 egg piles 45 fences, 3 beach towels and 4 trees.

As a positive I also got Banana Dictatorship, Johnny Fiestas, Blocko Store and Council Egg Guy.

The only things that let the event down were the broken baskets and that you could get eggs from golden boxes.
  • LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'd be curious to see two polls ... One poll rating the Easter event as it was presented as a game of chance, and the other poll rating the rest of the event's components.

The offered prizes, characters, buildings, design, and story line were the best I've seen in the game so far. Obviously, a LOT of creativity went into it.

It could have been a rousing success. Instead, it was a complete train wreck from start to finish.

Once more I'm 100% with you.
    The story line and general creativity are the reason I didn't vote F.
    If there had been more baskets and better odds this event could have been an A.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Where is E?
  • LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited May 2014
    It's the American schools' system: you have A to D and then F for "failed".
  • BurgerwFries1
    8 posts
    edited May 2014
    C, wasn't awful, but could have been much much better
  • misterdarren
    41 posts
    edited May 2014
    F is for the Fabrege Egg, which I never found.
    F is for Fences, which in my inventory abound.
    F is for Friends, with no baskets anywhere.
    F is for Frustration, a feeling we all share.
    F is for Freemium, for no more donuts shall I pay.
    F is for Famliy Guy, a new game I now play.
    F is for the Future, in which I hope the devs will relent.
    F is the Final Grade, I must give this F'ed event.
  • xamovo
    296 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    F is for the Fabrege Egg, which I never found.
    F is for Fences, which in my inventory abound.
    F is for Friends, with no baskets anywhere.
    F is for Frustration, a feeling we all share.
    F is for Freemium, for no more donuts shall I pay.
    F is for Famliy Guy, a new game I now play.
    F is for the Future, in which I hope the devs will relent.
    F is the Final Grade, I must give this F'ed event.

*hats off to you*
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Ea greed fest, worse update in game history. Slap in the face to loyal customers.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Best Event Ever
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.