EA Forums - Banner

Hang in there

Replies

• maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    It's obvious they're trying to fix the lagging but they aren't succeeding very well! :-\
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited May 2014
    My town isn't too bad. It lags a little but is still playable.

I have noticed that when visiting friends it's the people who have all their characters on indoor tasks that make it lag really bad. All those people coming out of a building all at once really slow my game down. I don't even have much of a problem with people with house farms or a lot of decorations. And I've seen sideshow bob in more then half of my neighbors towns which just compounds the problem.
  • MrJuanMata
    5343 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Ratman is on ipad and it is fine. Ratman thinks your making a mountain out of a mole hill.

:lol::lol:
  • litelbitt589
    155 posts
    edited May 2014
    Last update took my phone from bicycle speed to grandma speed. Cannot use the phone to visit friends. I am on android and will be, so I hope they fix the fix that fixed the fix. :mrgreen:
  • Ratman5674
    888 posts
    edited May 2014
    Ok So in the past two days I have had 4 updates.
    One to remove the Easter stuff.
    One to add the friendship stuff.
    One to fix the FP stuff,
    And this last one was to fix the lag I guess. Because my game is running like normal now. I play on a kindle if that makes any difference. But just hang in there, they are trying to fix it.

I play on a kindle and it didn't fix the lag for me. Storing all the characters, buildings and decorations besides Homer and the Simpson's house helps but not completely.

The after Easter issues were created intentionally by EA. All they need to do is release the pre-Easter game files with a few minor tweaks to fix the problems.
    Ratman would like permission to say you is wrong.
  • RMVancleav710
    3540 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I haven't been able to play since Easter update, not EA's doing though, and I cant afford a tablet any time soon, so I guess im done right now...Im kinda disappointed but hopefully I will be back playing eventually...maybe end of summer...but in the mean time I have a couple of other games ive been progressing in. But what OP said, just hang in there, wouldn't do EA any good to keep it like this forever, and who would want to lose there business to someone like Family Guy :shock: ewwwww so just keep trudging... it will work out in the end.
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited May 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Ratman is on ipad and it is fine. Ratman thinks your making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Ratman is up his own @rse unfortunately. This forum misses Josh Sherer. Josh was a troll with style, rather than just a troll.
  • ThunderRam
    60 posts
    edited May 2014
    Mine is still lagging but a lot better after the Easter update.

Nothing like pre and during Easter tho. That had zero lag issues.
  • Ratman5674
    888 posts
    edited May 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:

Ratman is up his own @rse unfortunately. This forum misses Josh Sherer. Josh was a troll with style, rather than just a troll.
    Ratman is not a troll. Ratman was just saying his game is fine.
  • rds257
    25 posts
    edited May 2014
    Well after the updates I have not been able to get back on it load and the title screen comes up and as that goes away it kicks me back to the home screen of my iPad I tried uninstalling the app factory reset my iPad nothing seems to work any one have any ideas
  • thirdeye69
    268 posts
    edited May 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:

Thirdeye69 agrees with HWick_Bluenose's assessment here.
  • Ratman5674
    888 posts
    edited May 2014
    thirdeye69 wrote:
    Ratman5674 wrote:

Thirdeye69 agrees with HWick_Bluenose's assessment here.
    Ratman thinks you do it wrong.
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited May 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Ratman5674 wrote:

Framing matters. What you actually said was: "Ratman is on ipad and it is fine. Ratman thinks your making a mountain out of a mole hill."

Apparently dismissing any concern the OP had as overblown. It seems, almost to get a rise out of those with the issue OP described. From my perspective, and, I suspect from others' perspective as well, the behavior mimics earlier behavior and looks to be trollish. A troll with a tired schtick. Are you Karl Malone? A terrible character from a terrible Stephen King novel? It's not 1994. Give it a rest.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited May 2014
    Regardless of Ratman's feelings on the subject, I still can't get into my game.
  • Ratman5674
    888 posts
    edited May 2014
    amcevil wrote:
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Ratman5674 wrote:

Framing matters. What you actually said was: "Ratman is on ipad and it is fine. Ratman thinks your making a mountain out of a mole hill."

Apparently dismissing any concern the OP had as overblown. It seems, almost to get a rise out of those with the issue OP described. From my perspective, and, I suspect from others' perspective as well, the behavior mimics earlier behavior and looks to be trollish. A troll with a tired schtick. Are you Karl Malone? A terrible character from a terrible Stephen King novel? It's not 1994. Give it a rest.
    Ratman didn't read all that but ratman will just disagree.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I play on kindle and it has terrible lag....cant even get to friends towns. I just keep going and putting the characters on 12 hour quests and waiting for a fix update.
  • wildminion
    552 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    The latest update (it downloaded fast, so you might not have spotted it) fixed the lag for me this morning.
    For anyone still experiencing the really rotten lag, try clearing stored game data, which should help. Definitely do-able on an iPad or iPhone. I'm not sure how on other devices.

And I totally agree Ratman is a troll. Probably a human donut, truth be told and quite possibly he's actually Josh with a new avatar.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    wildminion wrote:
    And I totally agree Ratman is a troll. Probably a human donut, truth be told and quite possibly he's actually Josh with a new avatar.

Just because there's two popular forum trolls, doesn't mean they are one and the same. Also, JoshSherer>>>>>> Ratman5674.

Ratman is purely popular now in the absence of Josh. When the ban is lifted and Josh returns, no one will give a crap about Ratman and his base level trolling.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow, Ratman sure is stuck on himself.

Anyway, the last update helped me a good bit, but it's far from perfect. It seems one area of town is the worst, while I get occasionally lag elsewhere. It's playable, but still needs work. Krustyland hasn't had any problems, no matter how much money, XP or people are on the screen.

If I was the dev team for Tapped Out, I would make a release that puts it back like it was before Easter, so we have a smooth game, then work on the problems for the next update. And this time, they really need to test it before releasing it.
  • ryandelpo
    96 posts
    edited May 2014
    Next horrible thing EA will do is parody this kid ratman in a future updates in dialog
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.