EA Forums - Banner

Are there more women or men who play TSTO?

Replies

• direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Interesting ... My guess is that it's pretty much 50/50. Can someone do a poll seeing the age groups of the players? I've been wondering about that. Education level would also be interesting...there have been some very interesting posts regarding the psychology of gaming lately. In reading the threads, it's clear there are quite a few very intelligent, well educated players. I'd be interested to see the breakdown... I'd set up the poll myself, but if don't know how to do it. :?

Considering how childish some of the post about Easter were, I'm not sure I want to see the spread on education or age.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6375 posts Moderator
    edited May 2014
    My girl plays Tapped Out along with me. But that's as far as our gaming together goes

She won't touch GTA, Call of Duty, Ratchet & Clank, Madden, LBP, etc..

She does however fancy Gran Turismo
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm a woman, but my husband plays too, so we cancel each other out. We won't really help your poll much. I'm not sure if I can vote more than once to put his vote in.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm a woman, but my husband plays too, so we cancel each other out. We won't really help your poll much. I'm not sure if I can vote more than once to put his vote in.

I don't think you can. He will have to do it from his own forum account.

I'm in the same boat. My fiance' plays as well. I was going to log in and vote for her, but she can do it if she stumbles onto this thread and wants to.
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited May 2014
    My girl plays Tapped Out along with me. But that's as far as our gaming together goes

She wouldn't play Little Big Planet? I understand not wanting to play shooters and sports games, but how could she say no to the adorable Sackboy?
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited May 2014

My husband and I have totally different gaming interests too. He won't touch Dead Space, Assassin's Creed, Left 4 Dead, The Walking Dead Game, etc. He plays TSTO, Madden, and The Wolf Among Us and that's it. I try so hard to get him to play with me, but he won't. It's weird. I'm the gamer in this family and I'm the girl. In fact, I think my love of gaming kind of annoys him. Maybe it's slightly emasculating when your wife is a bigger gamer than you. :lol: Then again, he does more rugged outdoors kind of stuff than I do. I'm more domestic (sewing, cooking, etc.). So, he gets to regain his masculinity with that. :wink:
  • Corrcorrcorr
    1139 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Well I'm a woman and have always played more video games than my guy friends or my bf for that matter. I does surprise me how many men play this. Positively of course : )
  • Snakeyees
    2342 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    you should have an option for the alien
  • ultimatechick
    236 posts
    edited May 2014
    Yep. Clearly not enough poll options.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    This is a great poll and an entertaining thread :)
    dzjaag wrote:
    I can think of one thing :wink:
    No, I will not make him a sandwich. :P
    I hear the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach! Unfortunately, my wife is a (seriously) terrible cook, so I've been the chef for the better part of our 29-year marriage. Only got myself to blame for my heartburn :(
    If it makes you girls feel a little better, I think a lot of guys who play Tapped Out are gay. At least I am.
    Hey! I don't resemble that remark :mrgreen: Who we're attracted to is irrelevant to which gender is more represented in the game! But I suspect Smithers may have a spare whip if we want to go there :wink:
    My husband and I have totally different gaming interests too. He won't touch Dead Space, Assassin's Creed, Left 4 Dead, The Walking Dead Game, etc.

Not into AC, but the rest are some of my all time favorites! Just downloaded s02e03 of Telltail's The Walking Dead game. I preordered L4D2 and have been playing it religiously since Nov 2009 when it was released. Some of the best co-op I've ever played! Looks like you're a (wo)man after my own heart.

Good luck to us men, but women are by far the much "stronger" sex, so I won't be surprised if we're beat lock, stock, and barrel :P

Edit: autocorrect correction
  • redwings19746
    105 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm a woman and I love playing video games. I like to play a lot of RPG games and platformers.
  • MissTink83
    14 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm a woman gamer. I play this game as well as Assassin's Creed, Arkaham City, and some strategy games.
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm all man lady!
  • Pyroxenite117
    74 posts
    edited May 2014
    If it makes you girls feel a little better, I think a lot of guys who play Tapped Out are gay. At least I am.
    neosec28 wrote:
    Hey! I don't resemble that remark :mrgreen: Who we're attracted to is irrelevant to which gender is more represented in the game! But I suspect Smithers may have a spare whip if we want to go there :wink:

He has a point, I have come across a few on the the forums.

• Jehsiickuh
    171 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    It's unfortunately hard to find legit girl gamers. I've tried convincing the few girl friends I have to join me but they either want nothing to do with it or stick with the more "girl friendly" genres. I can't even get them to play this! :shock: 90% of my friends lists are guys.. It's kinda sad! haha :lol:

I personally play a little bit of everything but this is the one mobile game I really enjoy.
  • BronxJeter
    6 posts
    edited May 2014
    Yep. Clearly not enough poll options.

Yes, cisnormativity much. This poll is clearly missing an "other" option for those of us who don't exist within the male/female binary.

So, to answer the question...

<<< Genderqueer.

(And before the questions start, search engines are your friend. ;) )
  • njohenderson
    22 posts
    edited May 2014
    Working woman, work hard , play hard 8)
  • Snakeyees
    2342 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Women that play video games are a Myth.....

I just have not seen it air on the show Myth busters. I have been looking for a Hawt gamer girl for years and I'm still single HA.
  • ambodice
    107 posts
    edited May 2014
    I am woman hear me roar. :oops:
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm a woman and I'm the gamer in our house. I play everything from Zelda and Uncharted to MarioKart and the lego games. I'm not a fan of fps but thats about the only genre I stay away from. My spouse plays only golf and poker on his phone, after 22 years together I still haven't managed to find a game that he'll play for very long.

This game seems to me to be a more casual game that women have more time for. Most women don't have the time or the inclination to play a game for hours at a time but they'll play something that lets them check in here and there.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.