EA Forums - Banner

So, am I the only one left?

Prev13
I'm here to join in your misery, fuffazzoni.

It's been 9 days now since I could get into my game and have had the same responses as you from EA. It's turning into a really bad, annoying joke.

Like you, I would love to even be able to clear a few handshakes every day but nope - donut spins then crashes me out of the game. How can EA not have done a single thing about this massive issue by now??

Replies

• calebtbrooks
    107 posts
    edited May 2014
    I still can't get in..
  • momboqueen
    10 posts
    edited May 2014
    This game has been iffy at best since Febuary for me. I will never again put money on it.
  • helenbrown11
    30 posts
    edited May 2014
    Yep same for me...was excited to see the update but alas Nothing!!! Oh well back to family guy.....
  • litelbitt589
    155 posts
    edited May 2014
    I to was locked out. Cleared cache then dumped data. Restated my tablet and I was in. Got pieces of the update each time I restarted the game. Took about four times. I would clear anything and start any new quest or task and close the game. When I reopened there was a little more. 1st time nothing. 2nd the doc. 3rd the shed appeared and fourth time moe activated the wife quest. Took about an hour of fiddling but everything is up for now. Good luck.
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I had to use bluestacks for a few days. It was infuriatingly glitchy/laggy, and your town killed it without fail. I was able to visit you today on iOS, though. :) Hang in there!
  • hahtdawg
    15 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm right there with you amigo. Been here since the game launched and still cannot get past the dount of death.
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    hahtdawg wrote:
    I'm right there with you amigo. Been here since the game launched and still cannot get past the dount of death.

what you're saying in your post above

that you haven't been able to play the game for over 2 years seems like I would have moved on by now.
  • lawso69970
    244 posts
    edited May 2014
    Nope, your not alone. I too have this problem and I got on the live chat last night. I was told that they knew other people had this problem and it was being looked at.

I then get an email that said my case is now closed. **** :evil:
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm guessing that I will have to find new neighbors once I can play again and since I am all apple it might take a while...too bad... :? At least I still can post here!
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I to was locked out. Cleared cache then dumped data. Restated my tablet and I was in. Got pieces of the update each time I restarted the game. Took about four times. I would clear anything and start any new quest or task and close the game. When I reopened there was a little more. 1st time nothing. 2nd the doc. 3rd the shed appeared and fourth time moe activated the wife quest. Took about an hour of fiddling but everything is up for now. Good luck.

I had the same exact experience for you, took me over an hour to actually get the update to download and start, then the game crashed twice before I got the new items. I had Dr. Hibbert start his dialogue, and the game asked me to look in the build menu, but my game has crashed every time since then. It's beyond frustrating for me now. I barely made it through the episode tie-in because of this lag problem. I still cannot visit more than 2 friends in a row without crashing. And as soon as I try to enter Krustyland the entire game crashes. That was before trying to get the new update. I am ready to completely quit. I am just pretty upset about doing that because I bought a bunch of donuts during Gil's sale that I still haven't spent all of them yet. I think I may just ask for a refund because I really haven't been able to use them I as I should. It's ridiculous.
  • sbaptiste77
    7 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm having issues with mine and my daughter's accounts. The doughnut keeps spinning, then it says "Cannot connect to server". I lost count how many times I've seen those messages. And it's happening to all of the devices we log in to. Come on, EA! You gotta do better than this!
  • crazyinsanity82
    116 posts
    edited May 2014
    I have been able to log in over the past couple weeks with all the issues. The game was super laggy and patience was needed to clear, collect, and assign... well, for the first time since the easter event ended, the game was working perfectly for me starting last night through all day today after doing an update. No lag, no crashes... I was able to visit every friend without a single crash last night, which I was extremely happy about.

Now I am having this 'donut of death' issue all of a sudden tonight. I get to the 'tap to continue' screen when I start the game, but once I tap, the donut spins and the 'oops.. sorry about that' error screen. Every time I hit retry, it does the same exact thing. Tried several fixes as well. I was hoping they were working on the servers or something but it seems that is not the case. Needless to say, I'm pretty annoyed with this... A fix would be nice...

Edit: Apparently, my game is working now. In the time it took to write this post, something changed. Sorry to those who are still unable to play. Hope it gets fixed for you soon.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm having issues with mine and my daughter's accounts. The doughnut keeps spinning, then it says "Cannot connect to server". I lost count how many times I've seen those messages. And it's happening to all of the devices we log in to. Come on, EA! You gotta do better than this!

it could be your router or whatever you're connecting to if all the devices on the network cannot connect to it you also have a problem somewhere upstream the router the modem something of that nature. are you using wifi? are you using your cellphone signals?
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    Anyone else still locked out? I don't wanna hear about lag, at least you can clean handshakes, I want some consolation from fellow crashers, if anyone is still out there.

I got some bad news for ya about those handshakes, sorry. When you get back into your game, the only handshakes you will have will be from you friends playing on Andriod devices. Since the bug effect only iDevices, those people can't get into your town just like you. They can only get into your Krusty Land. Mine was full when I got in. I was lucky with this bug, I play on both iDevice and Android.

If you guys know anyone with an Andriod device, borrow it and you "should" be able to at least access your games. Good luck!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Well, after my lag was cured this morning, I was happy. Now I'm constantly unable to connect with the server on any device, and I'm getting angry about it. It seems to just be my account. I'm very upset.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Well, after my lag was cured this morning, I was happy. Now I'm constantly unable to connect with the server on any device, and I'm getting angry about it. It seems to just be my account. I'm very upset.

Can your friends visit you? If so, it would be your devices right?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

My nexus, my galaxy, and my boyfriend's iPad? And only with my account and not his account? If you say so.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

My nexus, my galaxy, and my boyfriend's iPad? And only with my account and not his account? If you say so.

I'm sure you've tried this, but have you tried uninstall/reinstall? Also, can you un-update on your galaxy? That's all I got. Hope it works eventually. Sorry for your bum luck
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm sure you've tried this, but have you tried uninstall/reinstall?
    Only three times :roll: And as far as I know, un-updating is impossible.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

You are not alone. I got in and got the update, sort of. I never finished the full storyline, but I saw all the available characters and got the option of building the jewelry store, when my game crashed. I haven't been able to get back in since then. I have an I phone 4 and and I pad, so I am guess I am screwed because of the I device thing. But this is ridiculous for us long term players not to be able to access our games at all. Even before this update I was super laggy, and could never visit Krustyland. And I could not go through more than 2 friends towns without crashing. I cant believe how bad this game has gone down hill since Easter event was launched.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.