EA Forums - Banner

Bernice at Banana Dictatorship

Prev1
Damn beautifully timed at 6 hours... why did I have to have the worst easter luck!?!? Couldn't get a building to save my life this past event..
My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I actually don't understand why they bother making permanent tasks for limited-time buildings that a lot of players won't have. Not even the people who played Easter will necessarily have all the buildings, and yet there are character tasks for all of them, while buildings like El Chemistri lie dormant.
  • de_mariac
    89 posts
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    I actually don't understand why they bother making permanent tasks for limited-time buildings that a lot of players won't have. Not even the people who played Easter will necessarily have all the buildings, and yet there are character tasks for all of them, while buildings like El Chemistri lie dormant.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!! Buildings like El Chemistri (if I can remember) set you pretty far back in terms of cash at that stage of the game too, delaying many key purchases
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

I would bet that they'll be releasing this building soon.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    If they do, they better release Johnny Fiestas, too. I set aside space for it on my squidport and never got it. Not to mention Blocko for all the folks who never got that.

I wouldn't count on it, though. There are character tasks at the mapple store, and that certainly hasn't been rereleased.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited May 2014
    I've had to resort to pretending the El Chemistri building is a super-expensive modern residence, since EA is so short sighted when it comes to these things.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

Totally agree! What does the building animation look like for the job? :-\
  • shafanator108
    359 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

Totally agree! What does the building animation look like for the job? :-\
    From what i remember it was quite cool. Green flashing light.
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes, the lights flash green. There was a quest not too long ago where the used elchemistry, but that was the only one. I missed out on the maple store, the super collider and the house that looks like its from the 70's. I don't even know what it's called or used for. Wish I had the opportunity to get those buildings.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    shawn59736 wrote:
    Yes, the lights flash green. There was a quest not too long ago where the used elchemistry, but that was the only one. I missed out on the maple store, the super collider and the house that looks like its from the 70's. I don't even know what it's called or used for. Wish I had the opportunity to get those buildings.
    cool brown house?
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • prixton1
    270 posts
    edited May 2014
    I'm pretty excited that one of my characters will have a task at banana dictatorship, and 6 hours is always a useful timeframe for tasks, IMO. Now if I can just hurry up and get that $800,000...
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

So true. Could not agree more.
  • kevfd
    377 posts
    edited May 2014
    She has a job there!

Look for a new power suit
    6h

Thanx for the heads-up. Power suit???

shawn59736 wrote:

Which lights flash green?? The Banana Dictatorship or El Chemistri?? Don't Wiggum and Ralph have a joint-task there?? or am I getting confused with an Event questline??
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    drumnman wrote:
    If they do, they better release Johnny Fiestas, too. I set aside space for it on my squidport and never got it. Not to mention Blocko for all the folks who never got that.

I wouldn't count on it, though. There are character tasks at the mapple store, and that certainly hasn't been rereleased.

I tried to put these on my squid port but the game wouldn't allow it :(
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    drumnman wrote:

Which? Johnny Fiestas and Banana Dictatorship can both go on squidport.
  • MuleHeadJoe
    176 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

To me what's worse is so many buildings never get used by any characters after their one-time-only event-based task.

Aside from collecting money periodically, I get no use out of Madame Chao's, Pimento Grove, Guinea Pig Rescue Center, Church of Lard Lad, Blocko Store, Springfield Knowledgeum, Helter Shelter, Springfield Mall, House of the Future, Sprinfield Wax Museum, Duff Stadium ... the list goes on and on and on ... I'd understand when premium buildings are only used by the premium characters that go with, but in those cases you have the character to use the building.

But all these other stand-alone or event-only buildings with nobody using them simply give me a sad. :-(
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited May 2014
    ** spoiler alert **

The animation for Banana Dictatorship is just an open front door :(
  • thirdeye69
    268 posts
    edited May 2014
    Can't wait to send her there.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited May 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    drumnman wrote:

Which? Johnny Fiestas and Banana Dictatorship can both go on squidport.

JFK and Blocko. I tried again and JF finally went. Don't know why it wouldn't earlier! Oh well
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited May 2014

I agree with MuleHeadJoe. when there is a character like Susanne the Witch who has a task to go on a date why not make it at Palmetto Grove instead of Gilded Truffle?
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I must have El Chemistri mixed up with something else. I thought Legs and Louie had a task there about doing business in public. Isn't that El Chemistri? I recall glowing lights animation. :?:
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.