EA Forums - Banner

Why an massive update should come soon

Replies

• aaNoodles134
    12 posts
    edited May 2014
    Since FG I've not been too fussed by TG, my characters are on 24 hour tasks and I log in ince a day or every other day, I used to play a lot more regularly but with nothing to do but collect even more money I'm bored
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6258 posts Moderator
    edited May 2014
    FGTQ4S is not that great. The Simpsons Tapped Out is in a league of its own.

I've actually tried the other game & it's ok. But the way to unlock characters & other stuff is a chore and a pain. "Collect x amount of this item & x amount of this other item to unlock this."

On top of that, they shove the premium stuff down your throat. There's quests they give you to buy $5 worth of clams or "buy all 3 of these exotic premium animals to unlock this building"

Like I've said, it's an alright game but nowhere near the level of TSTO. Although I do hope there's an event soon or another Level update

I also still want a Season 25 Yard Sale
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited May 2014

I've actually tried the other game & it's ok. But the way to unlock characters & other stuff is a chore and a pain. "Collect x amount of this item & x amount of this other item to unlock this."

On top of that, they shove the premium stuff down your throat. There's quests they give you to buy $5 worth of clams or "buy all 3 of these exotic premium animals to unlock this building"

Like I've said, it's an alright game but nowhere near the level of TSTO. Although I do hope there's an event soon or another Level update

The things you don't like is what the FG game does better IMO
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited May 2014

the unlocking characters part isn't that bad and one thing i like about the game is it's already released so many different skins for the characters.. gives you something to work towards
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited May 2014
    Family Guy has never been in competition with The Simpsons in terms of pop culture relevance or intelligent comedy. Why start treating FG like it matters now?
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6258 posts Moderator
    edited May 2014
    baddazoner wrote:
    the unlocking characters part isn't that bad and one thing i like about the game is it's already released so many different skins for the characters.. gives you something to work towards

I don't care much for skins, not even in this game. I much prefer new characters.
  • theredjacket
    526 posts
    edited May 2014
    I must say that I disadree entirely with your theory. I don't think you want to compete directly with another event. If you compete with another event people have to choose and inevetably some people will choose the other. You want to time your events at differet times so that people don't have to choose. I would think you would have more success that way.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Whacking day!?! ;-)

Edit : Yard sale!?!
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Family Guy has never been in competition with The Simpsons in terms of pop culture relevance or intelligent comedy. Why start treating FG like it matters now?

We'll put. Besides they are both FOX shows. The big wigs at the network would probably like to see both games be successful and avoid all out confrontation.
  • tato767
    14 posts
    edited May 2014
    maybe a second chance type event, give people a second chance at past event items.

Great idea !!
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited May 2014
    I can't get into FG
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Well it looks like EA was either asleep at the switch or didn't care about Family Guy's update. Maybe we'll get something next week.
  • Surfcitygal
    1206 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Well it looks like EA was either asleep at the switch or didn't care about Family Guy's update. Maybe we'll get something next week.

An email from EA to me in response to a game problem says my issue will be resolved in next week's update. So something is coming.
  • MR_Plow123
    85 posts
    edited May 2014
    An email from EA to me in response to a game problem says my issue will be resolved in next week's update. So something is coming.

Can we get a screenshot of said email?
    (Editing out all the personal information would be advisable of course)
  • Surfcitygal
    1206 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    MR_Plow123 wrote:

From email dated May 30, 2014
    Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Electronic Arts Customer Experience.

My name is Abhay and I have got the opportunity to assist you with your case today. Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the immense time it has taken for us to update you on your case.

After reviewing your mail, I came to know that you are concerned of the Homer character has been missing about a week and I also agree that it has been a great inconvenience caused to you. I assure you that you issue will be resolved.

I will appreciate if you please wait until next update which will be within seven days. It will resolve your issue.But if problem still persist please report us.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    MR_Plow123 wrote:

Dear Valued Customer,

My name is Abhay and I have got the opportunity to assist you with your case today. Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the immense time it has taken for us to update you on your case.

After reviewing your mail, I came to know that you are concerned of the Homer character has been missing about a week and I also agree that it has been a great inconvenience caused to you. I assure you that you issue will be resolved.

I will appreciate if you please wait until next update which will be within seven days. It will resolve your issue.But if problem still persist please report us.

This really doesn't mean any new content is coming next week. Many of the updates have been purely bug fixes.
  • mycosmsea
    132 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I must say that FG was a big let down. I was getting into it until the quest was to buy clams. I hate when games do that. TSTO always!

I hope this update is something special. I have lots of money saved for such an occasion.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Dear Valued Customer,

Some good information there... Thanks for sharing it, as it's good to know there's an update coming.

But who do we report them to? The police? The ESRB? ;)
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:

We'll put. Besides they are both FOX shows. The big wigs at the network would probably like to see both games be successful and avoid all out confrontation.

Rather, I see FOX putting all their financial resources into Family Guy and ditching the TSTO players. Otherwise, why what would make all the events since Halloween become so lack luster?
  • thesimdeej33
    28 posts
    edited May 2014
    The new Family Guy Update is super fun! Listen up Tapped Out, get some thing out soon! To be honest, I havent played Tapped Out all day because this new family guy update is super fun! ..... If they dont so some thing soon, people will be thinking, What is Tapped Out?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!