EA Forums - Banner

Thank you amazon!!!!

Nice! You've made some quality acquisitions there :thumbup:

Replies

• brittannie54
    175 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Yay! Did you see the post about free coins? If you go to the app page on Amazon in the corner is notice of 5 free apps you can download that give you free coins. You don't even have to install the apps and can just delete them later. Plus if you get grand theft auto (you have to pay $6.99 in cash or coins) you get 2000 coins.

I agree that I'm loving these Amazon deals.
  • cakeinvestigator
    121 posts
    edited May 2014
    Yay! Did you see the post about free coins? If you go to the app page on Amazon in the corner is notice of 5 free apps you can download that give you free coins. You don't even have to install the apps and can just delete them later. Plus if you get grand theft auto (you have to pay $6.99 in cash or coins) you get 2000 coins.

I agree that I'm loving these Amazon deals.

I used that coin deal for it. :)
  • cakeinvestigator
    121 posts
    edited May 2014
    Nice! You've made some quality acquisitions there :thumbup:

Yes I've been wanting CCL and the Apt since before they were added into the game.

Thought about saving the donuts for Halloween but the compulsion was too strong lol
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I think I'm gonna get me the Kindle as well. Wanted to buy a tablet and with all these deals and all, I think it might be a good compromise for the Galaxy Tab I wanted, but it's too expensive.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I think when my ipad gives up I'm gonna get a kindle (got one now but it's just a paperlite book one)

All these things I hear about the free coins sounds great! :D
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Can these coins somehow get converted to use on an iDevice?
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited May 2014
    I started playing August/September 2013 and had only managed to get enough to get one premium (frink lab) throughout the whole time playing but thanks to the Amazon coins I have managed to get 6 in 1 day!!! Crazy!

300 donuts I got for free cause amazon messed up and charged me cash instead of coins and when they refunded me the donuts stayed (I waited a couple days after the refund). And thanks to the 50% back I got 1 truckload and 2 trays. And then had enough coins for 8 scratchers which gave me another 97 donuts.

I also had a little saved up.

So I got (in order of most desired)
    Crazy Cat Lady
    Volcano Lair
    Community Center
    Manjulas and Apu's apartment
    Cracker Factory
    Lugash's Gym (I seriously debated between Krusylu Otto and this)

I think I'm crying Sprinkly tears right now! :mrgreen:

That sounds awesome! I don't even have a couple of those... hmm...

Personally I woulda gotten Otto (he has some cool tasks at his bus, "sleeping it off" is my fav of his tasks where he sleeps ontop of the bus lol) but its all personal preference, and all are good choices :)

Also, I love your name... when I grow up, I want to be a Cake Investigator!! (considering I'm already fairly old I'm not sure how this will work... :oops: )
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited May 2014
    rolybert7 wrote:
    Can these coins somehow get converted to use on an iDevice?

After days of trying a workaround and a live chat with EA, no it's not possible to spend coins without a kindle.
  • 1frankgrimes
    81 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    To the people considering buying a Kindle because of the free coins- be wary, this has probably been the most lucrative couple weeks I can remember, as far as free deals are concerned. Most other really good deals are once every couple months or so. Buy one because you want one, not necessarily for free stuff- that's never guaranteed.

With that said, I've made about $40 in coins/credits in the past couple weeks. And the current 50% coin back sale for in game purchases have made all my donuts half price. I think it ends in a couple weeks- mid June.

I'll take what I can get considering they're raising my Prime membership by $20...

I have no complaints about my Kindle Fire though- except it drains a battery like crazy while I'm tapping away...
  • Torgon2005
    67 posts
    edited May 2014
    You also save 4~10% on coins bought through Amazon. Then when you buy your donuts it makes them a little cheaper than if you had bought them directly in the game.
  • cakeinvestigator
    121 posts
    edited May 2014
    I have no complaints about my Kindle Fire though- except it drains a battery like crazy while I'm tapping away...

Huh that's crazy! Part of what I like about my kindle is that I only have to charge it once a week if that.

That being said if you use your tablet for mainly reading I think the kindle is great. If your looking for something great for productivity not so much. Most other tablets are better for almost everything.

Except reading. The kindle is awesome for that. It's also got a pretty decent sound when playing music.
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    Are these coins only for Kindle users or do Android users get them too?
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I started playing August/September 2013 and had only managed to get enough to get one premium (frink lab) throughout the whole time playing but thanks to the Amazon coins I have managed to get 6 in 1 day!!! Crazy!

300 donuts I got for free cause amazon messed up and charged me cash instead of coins and when they refunded me the donuts stayed (I waited a couple days after the refund). And thanks to the 50% back I got 1 truckload and 2 trays. And then had enough coins for 8 scratchers which gave me another 97 donuts.

Crazy Cat Lady
    Volcano Lair
    Community Center
    Cracker Factory

Well done! A seasoned Day One Tapper such as myself can respect your acquisitions and dedication to having a decent city. I am pleased for you. I see you are relatively new to the forum, so I will kindly ask that you include pics of the purchases. It is the only way we can tell it happened.
  • badbutttuesday
    109 posts
    edited May 2014
    Are these coins only for Kindle users or do Android users get them too?

ok the good news is [on your andriod device] you can download amazon appstore and take advantage of the free offers and coins.

the bad news is that TSTO is only downloadable for Kindle devices in the amazon appstore. This mean you can not use the coins for in-app purchases that do not come from the amazon store. you will default to the google play store account every time.

You can however use the coins for any other amazon app that is downloadable for the android device.

Also, if you do take advantage of this you can find someone with a kindle device, download tsto for kindle, open your account on the device, open tsto with your account, and buy things with coins.

• cakeinvestigator
    121 posts
    edited May 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:

Crazy Cat Lady
    Volcano Lair
    Community Center
    Cracker Factory

Well done! A seasoned Day One Tapper such as myself can respect your acquisitions and dedication to having a decent city. I am pleased for you. I see you are relatively new to the forum, so I will kindly ask that you include pics of the purchases. It is the only way we can tell it happened.

Why do you mention you're a day one player in every post you make?

Screenshot_2014-05-30-14-12-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-14-15-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-14-12-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-14-12-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-14-13-15.png
  • HQmer
    81 posts
    edited May 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:

Crazy Cat Lady
    Volcano Lair
    Community Center
    Cracker Factory

Why do you mention you're a day one player in every post you make?

He probably thinks it makes him more important or his opinions somehow more relevant.
  • bettyseek381
    92 posts Member
    edited May 2014
    I use a Kindle and happily used the free coins but I remember at Christmas when there was a sale on donuts at the same time that icards could be bought at a discount. I got left out of that one as icards don't work on a Kindle. You never know what's gonna come up.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.