EA Forums - Banner

Update Speculation (Email hint from EA customer service)

Interesting! What day did you have the conversation if I might ask?

Replies

• HQmer
    81 posts
    edited June 2014
    What I game issue did you experience?
  • LuigiSpice
    18 posts
    edited June 2014
    Me fail English, but that is hard even for me to read.
  • Zifff09
    48 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The English in that is pretty broken up. I am unsure if EA would to happy if their customer support was sending out emails like that.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    LuigiSpice wrote:
    Me fail English, but that is hard even for me to read.

That's unpossible!
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited June 2014
    I saw that same letter in bugs & issues that someone posted several days ago
    Crap I say lol
  • joniferous
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The in game issue is Stampy/Bart joint task lasting 16 and a half hours not 12.

This email I recieved May 31st, after opening the ticket and resuming the conversation on May 25th and 28th respectively.

The English and grammar isn't wonderful no, but it certainly isn't the worst I've had from a big company.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope it's a good update and not just something to fix a minor bug (I obviously hope it fixes all bugs I just mean I hope it has some in-game stuff as well as that! :-) )
  • RynoJordan23
    470 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Regarding the broken English, I know large companies such as EA farm out a lot of their customer service to other countries besides the US. I've emailed/called companies like Microsoft, Sony, Comcast, and have seen this kind of response several times.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Seems legit and makes sense after seeing the post on tsto topix.
  • joniferous
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    I hope it's a good update and not just something to fix a minor bug (I obviously hope it fixes all bugs I just mean I hope it has some in-game stuff as well as that! :-) )

Yeah, I'm hoping it will be a content update as well as a patch for my glitchy elephant!
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The grammar in this email is no way near the level that I've been sent sometimes! :-\
  • amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited June 2014
    Without stereotyping too much, a lot of IT jobs and these help desk jobs are taken by people who either are from another country or English isn't their first language. It still makes EA look unprofessional, but this could be valid.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Okay we have like at least 5 of these e-mail threads speculating about an upcoming update this week and they're all titled Update. (They should be titled update speculation or something like that) Sometimes I check the forums for update threads before going in the game and I keep seeing these threads thinking we got something and of course there's nothing. Stop with the misleading thread titles :evil:
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    First of all, please change the title of the thread as it's extremely misleading.

Second, screenshot of email rather than a copy & paste would prove more legit.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Okay we have like at least 5 of these e-mail threads speculating about an upcoming update this week and they're all titled Update. (They should be titled update speculation or something like that) Sometimes I check the forums for update threads before going in the game and I keep seeing these threads thinking we got something and of course there's nothing. Stop with the misleading thread titles :evil:

+1
  • joniferous
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, I didn't even think about that! I'll change it now.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited June 2014
    This isn't the first email exchange I've seen suggesting something similar. There was another on topix, i think, that was an IM conversation, it seemed to say without confirming it that we'd be getting a decent update very soon. Another site reckons tomorrow, having figured it out using last year as a reference point factoring in various variables.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  • xamovo
    296 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I have to chime in that my correspondence with EA had read like that, full of bad grammar and unintelligible. Granted, sometimes the posts here read like that too. :wink:
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    We crack me up, sitting playing our cartoon games on devices that many of those customer service reps may never have. Some of us are in early teens. We had a poll the other day on this very forum, about how many devices we each use to play this game on, and over 60% use two or more.

Just how willing would we be to not have any of these devices? How willing would we be to pay what it would cost to have them made, or serviced, here? Just how willing are we to pay more so the companies will hire people based on their fluency in English rather than on their willingness to take crap for wages?

We can choose. Jobs or stuff. We want more stuff. Cheap. They want more jobs. Lucky for us, they'll work Cheap. And cheap labor is often on the low end of the spectrum when it comes to education. Which makes me very impressed that the person quoted above can speak English as well as they do. Kudos to their work ethic.

We got the stuff. Not the jobs.

What part of "we can't have it all" ain't we understanding here?

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • joniferous
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    We crack me up, sitting playing our cartoon games on devices that many of those customer service reps may never have. Some of us are in early teens. We had a poll the other day on this very forum, about how many devices we each use to play this game on, and over 60% use two or more.

Just how willing would we be to not have any of these devices? How willing would we be to pay what it would cost to have them made, or serviced, here? Just how willing are we to pay more so the companies will hire people based on their fluency in English rather than on their willingness to take crap for wages?

We can choose. Jobs or stuff. We want more stuff. Cheap. They want more jobs. Cheap. And cheap labor is often on the low end of the spectrum when it comes to education. Which makes me very impressed that the person quoted above can speak English as well as they do. Kudos to their work ethic.

We got the stuff. Not the jobs.

What part of "we can't have it all" ain't we understanding here?
    :thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.