EA Forums - Banner

Stonecutters about to arrive???

Replies

• phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I wonder what this means, if anything, for the Egg Guy...
    If he were to be released, surely it would be premium as he was available at Easter. I don't think they will rerelease him so quickly though.

Guess it's too much to ask if he gets a task or two added on for those who got him.

Looking up members who aren't in the game

-Lionel Hutz (on the very slim chance he makes it in, will it really be for a stone cutters update? Plus I'll just end up being disappointed by the lack of Troy McClure, Lyle Lanley and the monorail...)

-Rafeal/Sarcastic Guy (would make a nice addition. Plus he might have even more jobs than the Squeaky Voiced Teen)

-Scott Christian (newscaster who's been in 13 eps from season 1-18. Still 13 more eps than Chester :D )
    Haha, would love to see these added. I'm sure they will be added soon.
  • jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Looks like the Lodge with Number One will be coming, maybe the tunnel, little green alien and Abandoned Store. These are all predictions but will most likely be in the update. I CANNOT WAIT!
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm almost embarrassed to ask ... I've never heard of the Stonecutters other than all the mention of it here on the forum for months.

Blasphemy!!! Looks like it's the Stone of Shame for this one! :mrgreen:
    I see online that its from the episode "Homer the Great" from Season Six ... Is that correct? Does anyone happen to already know whether it is available on iTunes? Netflix? If so that would help ... Or ... Not. :)

Netflix sez The Simpsons are not available for streaming (I'm in the US). The iTunes Store has some seasons, but not season six :( Sorry to have to recommend this, but there's an ok Wikipedia article on Homer the Great.

Try to catch it if you can - it really is a classic episode!
    There are websites online where you can watch the Simpsons, if you really want to watch the episode. That's how I watched the newest ones (season 25) the day after the airdate in America.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The Stonecutters! WOO-HOO!!! :)

D'OH! Looks like I'll be needing to squeeze some more buildings together, or remove a few to inventory, to free up some space for the new buildings :(

<another-land-rant>
    Come on, EA!! We need more land! I already have all of the asperationals and most of the holiday buildings in inventory! Really getting tired of having to move hard-earned buildings into storage just to make room for the new stuff
    </another-land-rant>

Edit: words
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm almost embarrassed to ask ... I've never heard of the Stonecutters other than all the mention of it here on the forum for months.

I see online that its from the episode "Homer the Great" from Season Six ... Is that correct? Does anyone happen to already know whether it is available on iTunes? Netflix? If so that would help ... Or ... Not. :)

Netflix sez The Simpsons are not available for streaming (I'm in the US). The iTunes Store has some seasons, but not season six :( Sorry to have to recommend this, but there's an ok Wikipedia article on Homer the Great.

WAIT! I just saw an image from the episode. I remember it now. (Not "I remember the episode such that I could discuss it", but rather " I know I've seen those guys in those robes someplace especially the leader guy.")
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited June 2014
    For those who can't rewatch Homer the Great before tomorrow and can't find an episode download, here's snpp's script for it (I always loved reading these as a kid when I couldn't watch the episodes)

hxxp://www.snpp.com/episodes/2F09.html

Just replace the xx with tt
  • Surfcitygal
    1272 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    We Do (the Stonecutters Song) is my favorite part of the episode. Would love to have some audio from that in the game :D
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    We Do (the Stonecutters Song) is my favorite part of the episode. Would love to have some audio from that in the game :D
    Hopefully some or all of the song will play when you tap the building. That would make me soooo happy.
    ax0n01 wrote:
    Not everything in the game may follow canon.
    bZUd3yO.gif
    How very dare you!
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited June 2014

WAIT! I just saw an image from the episode. I remember it now. (Not "I remember the episode such that I could discuss it", but rather " I know I've seen those guys in those robes someplace especially the leader guy.")

(Grumble grumble grumble) no fair! now what do I do with this Stone of Shame?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    now what do I do with this Stone of Shame?
    Attach the Stone of Triumph!!! :mrgreen:
  • Surfcitygal
    1272 posts Member
    edited June 2014

...or I'll just add my own audio from Songs in the Key of Springfield.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    now what do I do with this Stone of Shame?
    Attach the Stone of Triumph!!! :mrgreen:

:lol: love that line.

Also is that the stone of shame on the front page? I think the stone of triumph is larger.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Also is that the stone of shame on the front page? I think the stone of triumph is larger.
    Tough to say, there's nothing next to it for scale.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

I think its the Stone of Shame. The chains and cuff are scale enough. Its a large stone, but not extra-large.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Y'know, reading through this thread I see a lot of speculation about what they may include. And I'm seeing A LOT of stuff being mentioned. More than usual. A lot more. I'm getting a tad concerned that if it gets built up TOO much, we'll be walking into a whole bunch of disappointment.

(Understatement alert) EA hasn't exactly been exceeding our expectations lately.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

Either one of them doesn't matter overall as they are simply a way of saying what's coming without saying..and who knows, the stone may only be included as part of the splash page.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    We doooooooooo! :D
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited June 2014

Oh, annette....
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited June 2014
    rwvolture wrote:
    but will we get the little alien guy is the question

Hopefully. I also hope we get a drunk Civil War ape or two, since they were the only Stonecutters left at the end of the episode. A Stone of Shame skin for Homer would be pretty hilarious too.
  • Jehsiickuh
    171 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    teo47 wrote:
    Would be a great addition to the game! Fingers crossed that most of the Stonecutters stuff will be available for in-game cash and not totally premium with a less interesting free item thrown in as an afterthought...

Agreed!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.