EA Forums - Banner

Dear EA: Your donut prices are ridiculous

Prev1
Ho much time do you spend playing? Could it compare to going to a 2 hour movie at $15?

Replies

• dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    This "game" is virtual crack. Drugs are expensive. This offers a better deal than many other indulgences.
  • MattoMcfly
    31 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    spiffshine wrote:
    Ho much time do you spend playing? Could it compare to going to a 2 hour movie at $15?

I understand the comparison you're trying to make, but it would be hard to argue that what are essentially animated icons have the same entertainment value of a movie. Moreover, I would happily pay $15 to have access to ALL content, but to pay (on average) $15 per premium building adds up huge. I think we'd be hard pressed to find any one of the developers admit that paying over $100 for everything Simpsons Tapped Out has to offer would be fair. But again, I know it's in the business to make money. My point is moreso that I think EA would net a lot more business if it appealed to people like me who are interested in purchasing something, but are turned off by the huge inflation.
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    86262c1ce4f374b54976c074f5239e38_zps32322788.jpg
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Well, they did make the game for people who are willing to pay Apple prices, after all. :wink:

- - -

WHAT ON EARTH is that, Julius???
  • shermansen
    105 posts
    edited December 2012
    Unicorns are adorable....... mostly.....
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    Get a job?
  • Ramenbot
    66 posts
    edited December 2012
    The problem is that people buy them. The prices are outrageous, but as long as people eat up those doughnuts, EA has no reason to change anything.

(The prices are even worse considering this is an online-only game, and you ultimately have no real "ownage" over the decorations you buy.)
  • MattoMcfly
    31 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    rs876 wrote:
    Get a job?

You mean the business I already own? That kind of job? Is that the default answer now for people who give their opinion on prices? Lazy.
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited December 2012
    If only the game was at least stable.....
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    MattoMcfly wrote:
    rs876 wrote:
    Get a job?

You mean the business I already own? That kind of job? Is that the default answer now for people who give their opinion on prices? Lazy.

Settle down big guy. High strung much? Assuming it's not a pharmaceutical company?
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    MattoMcfly wrote:
    rs876 wrote:
    Get a job?

Be happy I didn't drop the THERE IS ALREADY A COUPLE THREADS ABOUT THIS SAME THING bomb on ya.

With that said, I think it's safe to say you don't run Google...you know, a SEARCH company.
  • MattoMcfly
    31 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Go ahead and drop that bomb, big guy. I have a feeling trolling internet threads for opportunities to be a * is what makes you happy, so by all means I don't want to stand in the way of your enjoyment.
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    Bump for disgruntled new poster.

You got all :evil: pretty quickly.
  • MattoMcfly
    31 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    There you go. Feel better?
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    MattoMcfly wrote:
    There you go. Feel better?

:?
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    youmadbro_zps7c239a64.jpg
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    MattoMcfly wrote:
    Hey EA (or anyone paid by EA to monitor this...if such a creature exists),

I've really been enjoying Simpsons Tapped Out for the few months I've been playing, but every time I go to throw some money to the developers by buying donuts, I'm reminded how absolute, batcrap crazy the prices are. Take your most recent "Christmas Deal" wherein I can get a Santas Village, Santa Homer and some other thing for a "bargain" of 200 donuts.

Doing the math based on your donut prices (roughly $1 = 13-15 donuts depending if you buy them in bulk), that's around $13 for a friggin building and costume. $13. You realize there are full release GAMES on PSN and XBLA for less than that, right? Crazier still are the single buildings you sell for >150 donuts (roughly $10).

I really want to support you guys, but I feel stupid for paying that much for something that doesn't really do anything. If you are listening EA, will you ever consider being less insane, offering more value for your premium items (aka, they actual do something), or charging a flat fee? Of course, considering these prices have never changed, I'm assuming there are lots of rich kids out there who are really making it easy for you to do this.

Guess it's back to digging up trash for donuts for me.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9166146.page
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Gentlemen back to your corners.

The man clearly has a job and is spot on about the price of doughnuts. Equally it is true to say that this topic has been heavily discussed elsewhere.

Lets call it a draw and move on. No?
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    :thumbup: to you peruhomer.
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    peruhomer wrote:
    Gentlemen back to your corners.

The man clearly has a job and is spot on about the price of doughnuts. Equally it is true to say that this topic has been heavily discussed elsewhere.

Lets call it a draw and move on. No?

Hey now. It's not my fault he can't take a joke. He's the one that got all :evil: because of my get a job comment.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.