Prev1
I miss the wheel.

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Khodro wrote:
    I miss the wheel.
    Don't even joke about that! What if they think you're serious??
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    4/5 Great event :D The alien and the pyramid are awesome. But they missed out on some of the Stonecutter skins like Mel, Largo, Barney, Egg council guy (although he's a npc I was expecting them to reference him being a stonecutter)
  • shelton540
    173 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Very good event, especially after Easter. But it isn't close to the first Wacking Day as far as stuff. Still, a welcome update.
  • SirLance_Elot
    2148 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    It's fun, new and keeps you wanting to play. Plus the stonecutters are nostalgic to the long time Simpsons fans.
  • Quemical
    152 posts
    edited June 2014
    So far a 4/5, only issue i have is the 60 actions limit.

Love the new buildings, and one of them was actually affordable!
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited June 2014
    So far I will give this event a 4/5. It would have been a 5/5, but I have to take away a point, because the new buildings are huge and they didn't release more land to accommodate them.
  • Sp0iledRN
    50 posts
    edited June 2014
    Not going to vote yet as it's so soon, but so far so good, this is how events should be. Everyone has the potential to work for and get everything.
  • Lovelybella87
    276 posts
    edited June 2014
    4/5 it's only the second day, but things look very promising. When I'm sure I can get all the prizes then it will truly be a 5/5 ;)
  • botiacelli8
    165 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    So far a 4. Up there with the best performance/ gameplay wise, but not the best prizes. Still better than the last 3 or 4 events.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Khodro wrote:
    I miss the wheel.
    Don't even joke about that! What if they think you're serious??

No kidding :?
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    4/5 so far. The daily puzzle thing is a nice, welcomed addition to the game play. Also premium items seem to be fairly priced.

This update is in my top 3 with Halloween 2013 and Whacking Day.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Khodro wrote:
    I miss the wheel.

Ugh.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    For now, much as I love this event, I need to give it a 4/5 ...

I really don't like what is likely to happen to those who are not at the start of the alphabet. The emblems-earned for MAKING a visit should, in my opinion, be what makes the most points. At least I am in control of how many I choose to visit. RECEIVING a visit is outside my control, and there is very very very little incentive for players to visit past our 60. (A long shot chance at a free donut would appeal to few ... But really?)

Yeah, I know this alphabet mess is an issue with FP. But FP prizes are not limited time. So, while the FP system is also unfair, IMHO, that problem pales in comparison to this event. I don't like it. They should reverse the point system. Five emblems for every camera I tap in every friend's town. One emblem for every pyramid I clear in my own. (Five for the Stonecutters Lodge.

Just sayin'
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • loner_chick
    32 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Seems to early to judge. I'm still waiting on my four hour task to finish. I always forget to play at work.
  • xcalver
    11 posts
    edited June 2014
    I like the update and how it works. I will definitely attempt to complete it.
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    For those who pick 4/5, which past event do you think earned a 5/5? Or do you think EA just hasn't made a 5/5 event yet?
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    Khodro wrote:
    I miss the wheel.

Don't even go there, last thing we need is EA thinking we want the stupid wheel back after we all FINALLY got them to get rid of it with protest after protest, complaint after complaint.

As for the vote, i gave it 5/5

i almost went 4/5, however, this event has brought back the enjoyment in the game with it;s evened out fairness on premium and in game currency items, the prizes to win etc. The daily puzzles, although not actually puzzles, provide entertainment, the tasks Number One provides to earn emblems is great, the hoodies that walk around town provide a few more emblems and of course, the tapping of the cameras etc in towns providing even more emblems

Basically, it's back to the good old days of working hard and earning the prizes

I know that it's all Stonecutters skins with the odd Stonecutters item thrown in, but in all seriousness, this was the only way to do it due to the size and complexivity of that episode. The number of characters involved as well, so it made sense really.

So it's definately a 5/5 from me :mrgreen:
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    For now, much as I love this event, I need to give it a 4/5 ...

I really don't like what is likely to happen to those who are not at the start of the alphabet. The emblems-earned for MAKING a visit should, in my opinion, be what makes the most points. At least I am in control of how many I choose to visit. RECEIVING a visit is outside my control, and there is very very very little incentive for players to visit past our 60. (A long shot chance at a free donut would appeal to few ... But really?)

Yeah, I know this alphabet mess is an issue with FP. But FP prizes are not limited time. So, while the FP system is also unfair, IMHO, that problem pales in comparison to this event. I don't like it. They should reverse the point system. Five emblems for every camera I tap in every friend's town. One emblem for every pyramid I clear in my own. (Five for the Stonecutters Lodge.

Just sayin'

A valid point Annette

I try to avoid the alphabet listings and prefer to go to the towns of my friends and neighboureenos on the forum first, once they have all been visited and there some emblems left to get, i pick and choose from the rest of my neighboureenos. That covers the alphabetical issue

The emblems earned from visiting neighboureenos and in my own town, i tend to agree with you, but i think EA are trying something new with this event. We can only wait and see how it pans out i think. If it is proving problematic for players, i'm sure EA will look into changing it back. I have to wonder if it's related to how quickly people were getting the FP prizes with 100 neighbours? Perhaps they are experimenting on a new method to make the event last a bit longer for players. I just don't know. be interesting to see how it pans out towards the end :)
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I think it's too early for me to judge if it's the best one yet, cos Whacking Day had some great prizes, but I've given it 4/5 so far! :-)
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited June 2014
    This event is good, not great. Xmas 2012 still blows this event out of the water. I don't expect any future event to ever reach the bar set by that event.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.