EA Forums - Banner

Number One - window of tasks appear for only 1 millisecond

Prev1
It's being called the midnight glitch, and seems to be a problem for European players. Patch yesterday fixed it, but apparently it's a problem again.

The only advice I can think to offer is to go through all your characters and look for tasks they didn't have before, and send everyone who has one.

Replies

• Leenan777
    128 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    It's being called the midnight glitch, and seems to be a problem for European players. Patch yesterday fixed it, but apparently it's a problem again.

The only advice I can think to offer is to go through all your characters and look for tasks they didn't have before, and send everyone who has one.

I'm in Europe but did not get a patch. The midnight glitch is not fixed for me. Your advice is helpful. I did this shortly after midnight and I found a task that is usually not there. I put my characters on that task and it worked. Will do the same tonight if necessary until the glitch is fixed.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    I just keep on tapping the image until i see enough of what i have to do and hey presto, i get the first task started. yeah, it's a pain, but as long as i see the key words like what type of character needs to be sent on the task, i just go through looking for that task in the task lists for those characters and get the things started. Patience works fine for me :D
  • kevfd
    377 posts
    edited June 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    I just keep on tapping the image until i see enough of what i have to do and hey presto, i get the first task started. yeah, it's a pain, but as long as i see the key words like what type of character needs to be sent on the task, i just go through looking for that task in the task lists for those characters and get the things started. Patience works fine for me :D
    ^^ this :)
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I look forward to seeing if I have this issue tonight! Well, not look forward to it exactly but you know what I mean lol.
  • edited June 2014
    I'm in Australia and I had this glitch, patched yesterday and now it's happening again. Boo.
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited June 2014
    Glitched too...
  • johoneytho258
    24 posts
    edited June 2014
    Does anyone know what the day "2" tasks are?
  • aschischka
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm in Australia and I had this glitch, patched yesterday and now it's happening again. Boo.
    I'm having the same problem but in New Zealand. So the issue is not just confined to Europe.
  • davidd4949
    22 posts
    edited June 2014
    in Australia with this glitch this morning

Still an awesome event :D
  • xxx_MCBAIN_xxx
    146 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    i just took a video of my tablet as i was pressing No 1......slowed the video and saw the task
    :)
  • joniferous
    509 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm in the UK and I haven't had this glitch at all but my partner had it until the patch last night, and is now hoping it doesn't return!
  • LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited June 2014
    The midnight glitch is still here.
    I'm looking forward to starting my tasks at 3a.m. which is when No.1 was tappable again yesterday.
  • joniferous
    509 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    i just took a video of my tablet as i was pressing No 1......slowed the video and saw the task
    :)
    Very clever! :thumbup:
  • mikmon100
    16 posts
    edited June 2014
    This is happening again. I am in Europe...

It is extremely annoying, so I hope they will have a patch tomorrow.

The first mission I got, was for "a dimwit", that is all I could read, so I sent Barney for a Gulpwetch or something like that...

I sincerely doubt I will do this stonecutter thing if it continues like this.
  • belfioria
    38 posts
    edited June 2014
    And it's back again...

(France)
  • yxcdf3452
    85 posts New member
    edited June 2014
    Same problem here 8 minutes past midnight
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited June 2014
    belfioria wrote:
    And it's back again...

Same here. Had it yesterday and now I have it again. :roll:
  • LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Same here. Aren't the tasks the same for everyone? I'm at my 2nd round of tasks and have no clue what to do.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    this glitch is driving me bananas...i cant read the task!!!! :(:(:(:(:(
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited June 2014
    Same here. Aren't the tasks the same for everyone? I'm at my 2nd round of tasks and have no clue what to do.

No, they are random tasks for everyone. The best way to bypass this glitch is to check all characters for tasks they don't normally have. This how I found out I had to send one of the children to get a squishy.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!